What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack Debelin could be back in 17 as early as next week

Status
Not open for further replies.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Mr. Sarcasm , perhaps that is what your avatar should be ? ? ?
I’ll take that as a yes.

Re-read my points in the morning when you’ve sobered up & hopefully you’ll understand them.

HenryTatana

Juniors
Regarding all the hype, there are 3 possible scenarios, 2 of which appear to be the reason for the hype.

Scenario 1 - Enough evidence to go to trail
Scenario 2 - Charges dropped free to play
Scenario 3 - Charges reduced, going to trial. Maximum penalty for proven guilty of reduced charges being less than 11 years (if memory serves me correct this was the yardstick for a compulsory standown) hence free to play.

Last edited:

SBD82

Coach
Regarding all the hype, there are 3 scenarios, 2 of which appear to be the reason for the hype.

Scenario 1 - Enough evidence to go to trail
Scenario 2 - Charges dropped free to play
Scenario 3 - Charges reduced, going to trial. Maximum penalty for proven guilty of reduced charges being less than 11 years (if memory serves me correct this was the yardstick for a compulsory standown) hence free to play.
Fair points.

The one thing that I would add to scenario 3 is that the NRL would still have the discretion to stand him down even if he didn’t meet the compulsory stand down threshold. IMO they probably would.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Just say JDB is back. Do you believe it will make a difference to the season? Do you honestly believe the team will all of a sudden become top 4? If so that is a lot of hope and pressure for 1 guy. I don't think JT, Andrew Johns, Lockyer, Cam Smith or even god can improve the way they are playing.

Whatever happens on Monday should not be dependent on the season because unfortunately that is what excuses we are hearing these days. The blame game is on how the club thought he would be free to play and there seemed to have been no thought at all that he wouldn't play. How dumb was that.Should have been the opposite and if he gets off think of it as a huge bonus. The smart clubs would think that way. Sorry I should say all 15 other clubs except Saints. Our club is really run poorly as we can see over the last 6 months.

HenryTatana

Juniors
Just say JDB is back. Do you believe it will make a difference to the season? Do you honestly believe the team will all of a sudden become top 4? If so that is a lot of hope and pressure for 1 guy. I don't think JT, Andrew Johns, Lockyer, Cam Smith or even god can improve the way they are playing.

Whatever happens on Monday should not be dependent on the season because unfortunately that is what excuses we are hearing these days. The blame game is on how the club thought he would be free to play and there seemed to have been no thought at all that he wouldn't play. How dumb was that.Should have been the opposite and if he gets off think of it as a huge bonus. The smart clubs would think that way. Sorry I should say all 15 other clubs except Saints. Our club is really run poorly as we can see over the last 6 months.
So true. How a well run business would have handled the situation v the "Boys Club".

slippery5

Juniors
It’s got me stuffed how the media are peddling this scenario.

The case is up for mention Monday so there would appear to be a leak somewhere feeding the media.

If the case were to be thrown out on a “legal technicality” as per the scenario by the media I’m not sure that resolves a lot.
Much prefer the courts to decide innocent or guilty, otherwise he will have it over his head for ever.

Dragonsamy

Bench

Agree
Slippery.
Also not playing for over a year he may well be game rusty.

blue bags

First Grade
Hope he’s back still remember him in that charity shield when we held out the Rorters on our line set after set he was just cutting blokes in half then when we got the ball back he was pumping everyone up. Beast, absolute beast. Not going to hold my breath though.
rush jack back into blues team aswell:p
QLDSlanders are stuffed :eek:

RedVee

First Grade
So SMH today suggests JDB may well be off to the Warriors for 2021 If he wins his case or is cleared anyway. Not sure ‘win’ was the right word.
I’d be pretty peeved if he signed elsewhere when free to do so after the club sticking by him the last 2 years.

article mentioned Kerr also wants out with the Warriors also a possible home.

redv13

Bench
So SMH today suggests JDB may well be off to the Warriors for 2021 If he wins his case or is cleared anyway. Not sure ‘win’ was the right word.
I’d be pretty peeved if he signed elsewhere when free to do so after the club sticking by him the last 2 years.

article mentioned Kerr also wants out with the Warriors also a possible home.

Is this the same article that said last night that Kerr wants an upgrade to his contract option and his preference is to stay?? These journos are making this stuff up each day. The big fella isn’t going anywhere, just needs to be fairly upgraded and there’s nothing wrong with that considering he’s a starter now compared to 2 years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.