What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 v Titans

TruSaint

Referee
In some ways his game was better today, it wasn't as dominant but he did some unexpected things like kicking and some tough stuff. With someone his size he cant just rely on speed he needs plenty of strings to his bow so its good signs.

@Crush knows that I have been critical in the past on Dufty, and to be honest 1-2 games wont change much, BUT he is improving and showing skill sets i didn't think he had. Credit where its due.

Same goes with Lomax, I think he is a talent, but will reserve judgement on him being " the special one", if you get my drift.

Its probably more on me, than anything as I thought Chase Stanley and Amos Roberts would be immortals, early on. :)

Anyway, a win for now...
Doesnt fix our issues but we get to enjoy some banter for w while.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Sorry he kicked it dead on 3rd tackle, that was one of the worst I've seen from him, and that's saying something
If it is the kick im thinking of on the left hand side, that was looking like a great kick it just was about a metre from being the correct side of the corner post. Anyway he won't be dropped so its a waste of time even bringing it up. Hunt looks like he might have a broken nose and Clune got belted pretty hard so I cant really see him getting dropped. If he does though ill be happy to see how Sailor goes.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
@Crush knows that I have been critical in the past on Dufty, and to be honest 1-2 games wont change much, BUT he is improving and showing skill sets i didn't think he had. Credit where its due.

Same goes with Lomax, I think he is a talent, but will reserve judgement on him being " the special one", if you get my drift.

Its probably more on me, than anything as I thought Chase Stanley and Amos Roberts would be immortals, early on. :)

Anyway, a win for now...
Doesnt fix our issues but we get to enjoy some banter for w while.
I don't think he will be special in the Mark Gasnier, Greg Inglis sense but shit if he produces what he produced tonight regularly for the next 6 years, he's worth his money. I actually think he will substantially improve but just like any player even Tedesco there will be a game here or there in his career where he misses a tackle or drops a bomb. No one is going though a whole season of NRL without even one mistake.

Crush

Coach
I don't think he will be special in the Mark Gasnier, Greg Inglis sense but shit if he produces what he produced tonight regularly for the next 6 years, he's worth his money. I actually think he will substantially improve but just like any player even Tedesco there will be a game here or there in his career where he misses a tackle or drops a bomb. No one is going though a whole season of NRL without even one mistake.
He looked good today FCD, his goalkicking alone is worth his salary!

TruSaint

Referee

Thats fair. I suppose re Zac, he was talked up so much not only by many fans, but by the media. Anyway, i truly hope both he and Dufty keep improving.

If it is the kick im thinking of on the left hand side, that was looking like a great kick it just was about a metre from being the correct side of the corner post. Anyway he won't be dropped so its a waste of time even bringing it up. Hunt looks like he might have a broken nose and Clune got belted pretty hard so I cant really see him getting dropped. If he does though ill be happy to see how Sailor goes.
Fair points, I am just frustrated with Norman and the rubbish he comes up with...

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Thats fair. I suppose re Zac, he was talked up so much not only by many fans, but by the media. Anyway, i truly hope both he and Dufty keep improving.
He more strikes me as the dedicated one, or the super professional one than the gifted one, which gives me more hope he won't be a let down. He just seems like the sort of bloke that will do whatever it takes to get the job done, much more valuable than a freakishly gifted but enigmatic player. I think with players like he and McInnes at the club both not old we can build a club around them. I honestly think if we keep building and winning games and at least making a game of the Roosters we are not the worst proposition to attract talent. Broncs barely have any room in the cap, Sharks are a shambles and I cant see them winning a comp any time soon, need I mention the Gold Coast. I just hope what happened to the Knights happens to us in that they don't spectacularly sack the Mack but more come to the conclusion that thanks you got us so far but we need a Wane to take this squad to the next level. Add a Saab in, a Ramsey in who knows a Magoulias or dare I say Fifita in with Wane as coach and who knows.

Latest posts