What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 v Roosters

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Dragons squad for Round 7 -

NRL squad for Round 7 v Sydney Roosters –
1. Matt Dufty – sponsored by EFEX
2. Jason Saab – sponsored by Baytek Construction
3. Euan Aitken – sponsored by University of Wollongong
4. Zac Lomax – sponsored by Floormania
5. Mikaele Ravalawa – sponsored by Nutrition Station
6. Corey Norman – sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
7. Adam Clune – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski
8. Blake Lawrie – sponsored by SMAI
9. Cameron McInnes (c) – sponsored by Dincel Construction System
10. Paul Vaughan – sponsored by Fox Property
11. Tyson Frizell – sponsored by Modus Projects
12. Tyrell Fuimaono – sponsored by Stonemasons & Landscapers (since 1970)
13. Trent Merrin – sponsored by Dynamic Projects

Interchange:
14. Ben Hunt – sponsored by Paul's Customs and Forwarding Solutions
15. Josh Kerr – sponsored by Professionals Padstow 16. Jacob Host – sponsored by CMG Audio Visual17. Jackson Ford – sponsored by TripADeal
18. Korbin Sims
19. Tristan Sailor
20. Tim Lafai – sponsored by Nutrition Station
21. Billy Brittain.

Roosters squad for Round 7 -

21-MAN ROUND 7 SQUAD

1. James Tedesco
2. Daniel Tupou
3. Josh Morris
4. Joseph Manu
5. Brett Morris
6. Luke Keary
7. Kyle Flanagan
8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
9. Jake Friend (c)
10. Siosiua Taukeiaho
11. Boyd Cordner (c)
12. Angus Crichton
13. Victor Radley

INTERCHANGE
14. Sam Verrills
15. Isaac Liu
16. Nat Butcher
17. Lindsay Collins

RESERVES
18. Sitili Tupouniua
19. Mitchell Aubusson
20. Ryan Hall
21. Lachlan Lam.
A slightly more balanced side for mine. I like Kerr off the bench to add some impact. Vaughan has impact and Lawrie is a workhorse. So Kerr and Host have a similar dynamic. I’d shift Rava across though, Tupou is going to have a field day with Rava.

SBD82

Coach
Dragons squad for Round 7 -

Interchange:
15. Josh Kerr – sponsored by Professionals Padstow 16. Jacob Host – sponsored by CMG Audio Visual17. Jackson Ford – sponsored by TripADeal
18. Korbin Sims
19. Tristan Sailor
21. Billy Brittain.

Roosters squad for Round 7 -

21-MAN ROUND 7 SQUAD

1. James Tedesco
2. Daniel Tupou
3. Josh Morris
4. Joseph Manu
5. Brett Morris
6. Luke Keary
7. Kyle Flanagan
8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
9. Jake Friend (c)
10. Siosiua Taukeiaho
11. Boyd Cordner (c)
12. Angus Crichton
13. Victor Radley

INTERCHANGE
14. Sam Verrills
15. Isaac Liu
16. Nat Butcher
17. Lindsay Collins

RESERVES
18. Sitili Tupouniua
19. Mitchell Aubusson
20. Ryan Hall
21. Lachlan Lam.
What’s the word on Teddy? Reckon he’ll play?

slippery5

Juniors
I still hold out hope that we hold firm with him for 2020, he nails a spot and we have a change of coach and he has a change of heart but that looks a pipe dream. If I could have any winger in the whole NRL though it would be Xavier Coates. He’s already awesome and could be anything.
Well you can have him, because I have it on good mail he hates the Broncos system, as does Dearden who was blindsided with the Croft signing.

getsmarty

Immortal
nrl_nines_day2_150220_423.jpg

GAME DAY

Game day guide: Round 7
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Tue 23 Jun 2020, 05:18 PM

St George Illawarra Dragons' will face the Sydney Roosters at Bankwest Stadium on Friday, June 26 (7:50pm). This is your Round 7 game guide.

Skipping the test drives
Saab and Ford… fine cars yet even finer players.

Jason Saab and Jackson Ford have been named to make their first appearance for the Dragons in 2020.

Without Canterbury Cup NSW available to fine tune the wider squad, both players will face the biggest test of their burgeoning NRL careers so far.

Saab comes into the 17 for the suspended Jordan Pereira while Ford is the benefactor of James Graham's imminent release from the club.

Two local juniors getting their first crack of season 2020 against the defending premiers; it doesn't get much better!

Rejuvenated Dragons face biggest test
Ghanaian pallbearers were all the rage on Saturday night when James Tedesco literally faced the might of Parramatta Eels winger Maika Sivo.

Thankfully the New South Wales and Australia fullback James Tedesco is okay and has been named to face the Dragons.

While the Roosters have enjoyed a seamless run of wins since the season recommenced, the Dragons have slowly built their way into the year and are enjoying a run of consecutive wins.

A big performance against the defending premiers will shore up further confidence for the Red V, especially with the Canberra Raiders and Parramatta Eels to come beyond this weekend.

Flanagan v Flanagan
Sydney Roosters halfback Kyle Flanagan has proven himself as a suitable replacement for the now retired Cooper Cronk in the first few weeks of the amended 2020 season.

Flexing their muscles against any and all opponents of late, the Roosters winning run has enabled Flanagan to fly to the top of the NRL's point-scorers list.

One of the interesting subplots to Friday's clash sits squarely on the Flanagan surname. Dragons assistant coach Shane Flanagan has worked busily behind the scenes this week in an effort to halt the Roosters' (as well as his son's) hot streak.

Asked about coming up against his son in the NRL for the first time, Shane told The Australian: "Kyle to get man of the match and the Dragons to win by one point would be nice."

Bankwest battlers
St George Illawarra will be hoping third times the charm at Bankwest Stadium on Friday night. Winless in their first two outings at the ground, the Red V faces a Roosters team yet to lose at the new-look Parramatta venue.

The Dragons have lost five of their past six meetings against the Tricolours, with only seven players named to play in Round 7 (Matt Dufty, Euan Aitken, Ben Hunt, Paul Vaughan, Cameron McInnes, Tyson Frizell and Jacob Host) featuring in the club's last win against the Roosters (2018 Anzac Day).

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/06/23/game-day-guide-round-7/

slippery5

Juniors
Mc:heavy_division_sign:3 is a vindictive egotist who, given free reign, would never select Saab again
....now that he’s had the temerity to speak out

- and as Lachlan Timm (among many others) found out to his career detriment.

Andrew’s spoilt him rotten with libations of cash & promises

...creating a delusional would-be dictator of the most malicious kind
Yes, we all remember his jersey presentation to Allgood when he said " he never complains"

denis preston

First Grade
Phew !! Good side under the circumstances .Obviously Mccareerwrecker got outvoted again ! which is a good sign he is on the slippery dip ) Mind you he may give Ford only 5 minutes at the end ! The selectors are going to have to get game time in some of those players 18-22 sooner or later and my tip is Norman on his last chance to be replaced by Sailor. We just got to know if these players are worth a new contract or perhaps the 21 coach may have already made his mind up?

Old Timer

Coach
Lomax v JMoz is an exciting matchup. Veteran vs up and comer.

JMoz gave Waqa Blake an absolute footballing lesson on the weekend. Hopefully Lomax doesn’t suffer the same fate.
J Moz is in very good form and will be tough but Lomax defensively has been excellent so if it is a 1 on 1 contest it will be great viewing.

My concern is that if Keary runs riot he will causes issues for Norman, Aitken and to a lesser extent Hunt (if he defends out wide) as Keary is expert at bringing the edge backrowers into play and forcing players to make choices.

I think Lomax can make good choices but the others can be found wanting.

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Phew !! Good side under the circumstances .Obviously Mccareerwrecker got outvoted again ! which is a good sign he is on the slippery dip ) Mind you he may give Ford only 5 minutes at the end ! The selectors are going to have to get game time in some of those players 18-22 sooner or later and my tip is Norman on his last chance to be replaced by Sailor. We just got to know if these players are worth a new contract or perhaps the 21 coach may have already made his mind up?
For mine, I hope that Sailor gets some playing time in the near future. I think that given the chance, he will excel in the five eighth position and if it means Norman taking a spell then so be it!

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
J Moz is in very good form and will be tough but Lomax defensively has been excellent so if it is a 1 on 1 contest it will be great viewing.

My concern is that if Keary runs riot he will causes issues for Norman, Aitken and to a lesser extent Hunt (if he defends out wide) as Keary is expert at bringing the edge backorders into play and forcing players to make choices.

I think Lomax can make good choices but the others can be found wanting.
Cordner vs Friz is another good battle.

BLM01

First Grade
saab_web.jpg

TEAM LISTS

Breaking
Presented By

NRL team: Round 7 v Sydney Roosters
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Tue 23 Jun 2020, 03:58 PM

St George Illawarra coach Paul McGregor has named his mandatory 21-man squad ahead of the Dragons' Round 7 clash against the Sydney Roosters at Bankwest Stadium on Friday, June 26.

James Graham has not been named as a result, while not yet official, of his imminent release. However this has opened the door for Gerringong Lions junior Jackson Ford.

Ford will be joined by Jason Saab in their first games of season 2020, following Jordan Pereira's two-week suspension procured in the Dragons' 20-8 win over the Titans last weekend.

Blake Lawrie and Josh Kerr have swapped between the starting team and the interchange otherwise, while Tim Lafai and Billy Brittain join the wider squad.

It looks like you may be using adblocking software to view this site.

Many features on the site, such as video playback, may not work properly when using adblocking software.

Please whitelist our domain or disable your adblocker to access all features and videos.

Travel with the team to Brisbane

Interchange:
15. Josh Kerr – sponsored by Professionals Padstow
16. Jacob Host – sponsored by CMG Audio Visual
17. Jackson Ford – sponsored by TripADeal
18. Korbin Sims
19. Tristan Sailor
21. Billy Brittain

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/06/23/nrl-team-round-7-v-sydney-roosters/
What is that I see. Mr Lafai lurking in the background.
Late change...surely not..no McNugget..no

BLM01

First Grade
I'd like to see Tyrell or Ford go to left centre. Turnsile needs to be dropped.
I'd also like to see McInnes as an 80min lock and Hunt as an 80min hooker.
Saab to be the replacement winger but will he play left or right wing?
Prop rotation Vaughan, Kerr, Merrin, Lawrie and Blacker 3 props on the bench
Ford or Tyrell to be 4 or 17.
Sorry...did not see Blackers name in the 21
Your too late Possm to the selection table!

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I really dont think the current set up with McInnes and Hunt is worth changing. Its working well as it is imo. Clunes game improved against the Sharks.
Norman had his best game for imo.

Obvious changes to the structure of our play.

Hosty gets his chance now to really cement a spot (assuming he plays) as a running forward in the mold of Taukeiaho from the Roosters (long way short of his quality atm but has the potential imo)

Pretty obvious that Hunt will come on around the 25 min mark, with Cam to lock to replace Merrin.

I still see us getting beaten pretty hansomely but not now expecting a shalacking but who knows.