What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LETS BE POSITIVE

Kilkenny

Coach
Despite being pretty pissed with last nights result and the knights result and despite the fact Ivan isn’t picking the team I want I am pretty positive about the start to the year. 1 loss in 5 outings is a good start and there is plenty of improvement in this side.

Last night we very much held our own in a high quality game against the comp leaders and we beat last years premiers in round 1 though they weren’t at their best. If we can get a result against Melbourne next week and I’m going to start predicting top four.

No one likes the whole take it ‘ one game at time ‘ coach speak but I think in our situation it really is one game at a time.

Other than six minutes the game against the Eels was ours to lose and unfortunately we did in fact lose it. Probably the better side for significant proportion of the game but sadly came away with nothing and it get’s no easier this week against a really ruthless side who just grinds away and get’s the job done.

betcats

Referee
We are a great chance at finishing top four from here I think, we have a real friendly draw from here. Souths is a tough one next week and parra some time later but I think the rest are bottom 8 sides.

MugaB

Coach
We are a great chance at finishing top four from here I think, we have a real friendly draw from here. Souths is a tough one next week and parra some time later but I think the rest are bottom 8 sides.
Manly and Canberra only, the rest are winnable (even pawwa)

Kilkenny

Coach
I could be wrong but did someone not post we didn’t get a set restart in the 90 minutes against the Knights and again on Friday night against the Storm. I saw we lost the penalty count 6-4 against the Storm, no surprises there I guess, but no set restarts in two games that surely cannot be true. I recall feeling frustrated watching the game against the Storm thinking surely we deserved ‘set restarts’ on a number of occasions but they didn’t seem to happen and yet the Storm got quite a few!!!!

Panfa

Juniors
Why doesnt cleary have a chat to the referees boss about it.Bellamy had a sook last week and got 7-0 calls to the storm agaisnt us this week worth a crack.Chances are this week we get sutton klein or cummins again.

Kilkenny

Coach
Seriously it is an impossibility to not get at least 1 set restart in 80 minutes of footy never mind extra time and going the full 90.

No one enjoys banging on about what we get from the refs but your have to think the proof is there for all to see.

The Storm, the team who invented the wrestle and all other illegal slowing down tactics not worthy of even a single set restart and in 90 minutes against the Knights not one.

There is something seriously wrong here and I refuse to accept we are more indisciplined that the other sides.

There has to be an issue with our officials. It cannot be allowed to continue. Someone within our club need’s to get down to NRL headquarters and address the issue because it it going to bite us at some stage big time.

WestyLife

First Grade
Seriously it is an impossibility to not get at least 1 set restart in 80 minutes of footy never mind extra time and going the full 90.

No one enjoys banging on about what we get from the refs but your have to think the proof is there for all to see.

The Storm, the team who invented the wrestle and all other illegal slowing down tactics not worthy of even a single set restart and in 90 minutes against the Knights not one.

There is something seriously wrong here and I refuse to accept we are more indisciplined that the other sides.

There has to be an issue with our officials. It cannot be allowed to continue. Someone within our club need’s to get down to NRL headquarters and address the issue because it it going to bite us at some stage big time.

Just to correct some misinformation the Storm didn't invent the wrestle in rugby league, Brisbane did. Bellamy just saw what Bennett did when he worked there and perfected it.

Kilkenny

Coach
Just to correct some misinformation the Storm didn't invent the wrestle in rugby league, Brisbane did. Bellamy just saw what Bennett did when he worked there and perfected it.

I stand corrected, my memory is the Storm under Bellamy just about introduced every negative into our game that we could do without. Who can forget the chicken wing but maybe it is just my bias.

WestyLife

First Grade
I stand corrected, my memory is the Storm under Bellamy just about introduced every negative into our game that we could do without. Who can forget the chicken wing but maybe it is just my bias.

They definitely made it a big part of the game and took it further than anyone.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors

In Ivan's post game presser he states that he has spoken to Bernie Sutton every week about this issue but still it remains the same.

Panther Pete

Juniors
No it’s not your bias, chicken wings and crusher tackles were them.

ACTPanthers

Bench

Not true at all. It is most definitely possible, as it's happened.

Could it not be that we just don't play to the new rules yet? Does it HAVE to be some kind of conspiracy against our side (which, if you say it out loud, sounds pretty ridiculous)?

Why would the Panthers, a middling team at best, get so much biased from the officials? The answer is there really isn't a reason.

Blaming the refs, or trying to find some kind of bias against us in particular, is a complete waste of time in my opinion.