What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We already know who the grand finalists will be.

Fangs

Coach
This comp feels wide open.

Except Parra, who are pretending almost as well as they did in 2001. We all know how that ended.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Souths look like a team who have lost their leaders (and with Sutton and Burgess retiring its not surprising) When going is good they are fine, when it gets tough they haven't got someone leading way for them.

Probably 5 teams in contention at this early point; Eels, Roosters, Storm, Panthers, Raiders.
Knights and Manly as outsiders but with a shot.
I'd say Roosters v Eels at this point in time

Perth Red

Post Whore
10 years since a Bennett coached side last won the comp. I honestly don’t get the super coach obsession. Times have changed and the game has moved on. Time he did too.

Amazed he hasn't been shuffled into a mentor role rather than head coach. As you say its a long time since any success and its not like hes been at clubs with no resources.

10 years since a Bennett coached side last won the comp. I honestly don’t get the super coach obsession. Times have changed and the game has moved on. Time he did too.

He got the Nathan Tinkler Knights to the prelim final in 2013, which they hadn’t reached in numerous seasons before, and never since.

He also got Brisbane to their last GF (having not made one since he steered them to their last one). And they were a whisker away from winning.

Going back further he indeed got my dragons over the line in 2010. Without him I truly believe id still be looking at replays of 1979 as our last GF win.

He’s had some lean times in between but I still rate him highly.

Valheru

Coach

And the 2 real current super coaches have won 5 between them in that time.

I wouldn't argue against including Des as the 3rd super coach which would make 6 premierships between the 3.

chrisD

Coach
Look at the legacy Bennett leaves behind every club he’s f**ked (coached)
When under pressure and nearing the ends of contracts Has Bennett coaches for immediate success at the expense of the long term health of the club to keep his own personal stock high. And he saddles teams with contracts that will cause long suffering after he's left. The only other team that would take Mitchell's contract would be the Titans.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Well the chooks are cooked. Back to the Eels being to only top level contender at this point. And probably the Storm at the head of the queue for being the other team in thew grand final.

Knight Dragon

Juniors
Well the chooks are cooked. Back to the Eels being to only top level contender at this point. And probably the Storm at the head of the queue for being the other team in thew grand final.
Are you geniused ya dog! How are the chooks cooked? You must be trolling, you’re not a man till you’ve had a man bunniesman

pantherz9103

First Grade
Yep, we do know how that ended, with the panthers coming dead last.

Very true that we sucked in 2001. But it must have killed Parra fans knowing that they were so much better than us, even causing us some of our worst ever losses... yet we came from nowhere to win the comp in 2003, while they were upset by Joey Johns and Co in the '01 GF and then declined under Brian 'Perennial Bridesmaid' Smith.

AnonymousLurker

Juniors
Very true that we sucked in 2001. But it must have killed Parra fans knowing that they were so much better than us, even causing us some of our worst ever losses... yet we came from nowhere to win the comp in 2003, while they were upset by Joey Johns and Co in the '01 GF and then declined under Brian 'Perennial Bridesmaid' Smith.

that Newcastle side was better all season . Everyone forgets that they were either same points or newscatle 2 points ahead all season and then Newcastle lost 3 regular season games because Joey got injured and they lost. They would have been minor premiers otherwise

Latest posts