What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

tripster

Juniors
It isn’t usually something that gets raised when a team is winning, but what is up with the reffing of our games?

The fact we won our last two games has probably taken some of the attention away from it, but the reffing of our last few games regarding the ruck in particular has been absolutely woeful.

The six again calls that Souths received in the first 20 minutes of the second half were generally baffling. The fact that they received a run of them in a block was what kept them in the game.

However there were a number of obvious cases where any reasonable observer would classify Souths (or the Storm in that game) as committing an infringement (holding down, hands on the ball, etc) which were ignored. The most concerning for mine was when Nathan put Martin into a hole and he made a half break in the second half and was then held down by Souths, and with a six again call we would likely have gone on to score, and wrapped the game up early. But nothing.

Souths also plainly had a game plan of targeting Cleary and hitting him late every time he kicked - plenty of those were penalty worthy, including the high shot from Murray at the start, but nothing was blown. What ever happened to all of the emphasis from last season on not tolerating late hits on play makers.

It is a credit to our team that we have won despite this, but I am completely baffled about what is going on. Maybe things will become different once some of the other referees start to ref our games, but it seems like (unfortunately) that Cummins, Klein and Sutton are regarded as the top 3 referees and are getting most of the high profile games. I was hoping in particular when they switched the one referee that it was going to be a Cummins and Klein who were made redundant.

Last edited:

Bob

Juniors
Top referree gerard sutton has been isolated after a covid scare :rofl:.Thats great news for penrith fans can they isolate ashley klein and ben cummins while there at it.
We should only have Ashley Klein when we play the storm as he hates Cameron Smith more than us:grin:

Fangs

Coach
It's not all that long ago I would have been ecstatic to run 9th every year.

Exactly. The Tigers are what the Panthers used to be.

We certainly aren't a power house, in fact we have proven nothing until we win a premiership. But we are below the best and above the rest of the pack. A decent football club.

Fangs

Coach
Seibold is very lucky to not have lost his job already. He has one of the best coaching gigs in the game and has them playing like a bunch of aholes.

Latest posts