What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd7: Parra v Canberra GAME DAY thread (27/6/20)

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
105656652_1003562360101219_6804680061752628729_o.jpg

strider

Post Whore
Well I am sure you see the relevance. Will always he errors by refs in sport. A lot of rules come down to opinion also and someone's perception.
But yes during game they even out. Manly got analed and that's just a pure fact
I get your point ... but it is also very true that people and the media pick and choose what to rant about from a game - and they show a bit of bias at times in doing so

TheRam

Coach
I am pissed at the ref and touchy for their errors, moreso because both of them have a heap of FG experience, but probably more pissed at the Foxtel commentators for not making more out of the bad decisions than they did. The only reason the Manly forward pass in Round 5 got so much attention and had Annesley coming out and admitting the call was wrong, was because Fox kept talking about it after the game.

No one kept bringing up the numerous errors the refs made last night, although Alexander wanted to but it seemed like he was muzzled. Where was the question to BA in the presser, like Des go 3 weeks ago? Where was the challenge to Stuarts "we need more luck" in his presser?

Foxtel and Nien are both running and ruining the game.

Problem was, you had 1 commentator who rarely ever says anything inflammatory or controversial in Cronk and the other 2 are Raiders men, in Ennis and the hoax 13th Immortal. I told my partner watch how the post game discussion is going to whitewash any real discussion at the appalling refereeing tonight and true to prediction, they didn't let me down.

I hate how we only have Hindy, and Sterlo as former Eels in the media. Both not the type to push the Parra agenda. We need better representation in the media. It makes watching these shows very hard to take at times. So many questions could and should be asked to put pressure on the administration and refs, to keep them from just taking the easier option and ruling against us, knowing that not much will be made of it in the post game discussions. I want them to fear the consequences.

Also as a fan it just pisses me off listening to commentators that clearly have no love for Parra. As much as he is a boofhead, I'd even settle for Hindmarsh in the box, just to get some freaking love.

Avenger

Immortal
Problem was, you had 1 commentator who rarely ever says anything inflammatory or controversial in Cronk and the other 2 are Raiders men, in Ennis and the hoax 13th Immortal. I told my partner watch how the post game discussion is going to whitewash any real discussion at the appalling refereeing tonight and true to prediction, they didn't let me down.

I hate how we only have Hindy, and Sterlo as former Eels in the media. Both not the type to push the Parra agenda. We need better representation in the media. It makes watching these shows very hard to take at times. So many questions could and should be asked to put pressure on the administration and refs, to keep them from just taking the easier option and ruling against us, knowing that not much will be made of it in the post game discussions. I want them to fear the consequences.

Also as a fan it just pisses me off listening to commentators that clearly have no love for Parra. As much as he is a boofhead, I'd even settle for Hindmarsh in the box, just to get some freaking love.
Hindmarsh is the Mario Fenech of this media generation and can never be taken seriously. He has a place but not for pushing our agenda.

84 Baby

Referee

You forgot Kent. He pushes A Parra agenda

TheParraboy

Staff member

Ennis and I think it was Warren Smith were brutal on that forward pass during the commentary

Had we lost maybe would have been brought upmore?

Cronk has been good IMO, considering its his first real fulltime gig in the box. As a QLDer
was surprised how brutal he was towards the Drongos. He calls it how he sees it. In terms of game analysis before/during and after prefer him over and beyond anyone else there at Fox

TheParraboy

Staff member
His analysis is good but OMG he takes forever to talk. Everything he says sounds like he’s reading an auto cue. And he’s sitting next to Mal who takes even longer to formulate some random point than the entirety of his political career

To be honest, it is still far and beyond better even when Ennis, Anasta, Alexander, Meninga, Hodges, Burgess, Walters speak, in half the time

TheRam

Coach
Ennis and I think it was Warren Smith were brutal on that forward pass during the commentary

Had we lost maybe would have been brought upmore?

Cronk has been good IMO, considering its his first real fulltime gig in the box. As a QLDer
was surprised how brutal he was towards the Drongos. He calls it how he sees it. In terms of game analysis before/during and after prefer him over and beyond anyone else there at Fox

During the game, yes the commentators did make a good mention of it. But Ennis later on, hardly. He may have said something about it, due to it being so ridiculously blatant, but then moved on with out much real discussion as say if it was Canberra being dudded. They hardly, if at all mentioned the Parra try that was ruled no try from the kick and knock down that everyone could see was a straight line ball and didn't go forward whatsoever and then they score off that forward pass. A 12 point turn around that changed the game completely.

That is what they should of made a big deal about. Those 2 decisions were game changing and totally allowed the Raiders to climb off the canvas, reload and hang in there. Imagine if just those two decisions had gone against the Grub Machine and nothing else let alone all the other shocking call as well? That Sticky presser would have been explosive and Ennis and Co would have come in over the top and tripled down on the whinge for the entire Parra/Canberra segment.

It would have been end of the world stuff and the ref and touch judge need to be sanctioned and the game is becoming a joke and no wonder the fans are turning off and we the public deserve better and people just want to see a fair contest and the Canberra players deserve better than that with all the sacrifices they make and Ricky is such a great coach and Parra are c**nts and did I say Parra are c**nts and f**k the refs eyes and.....

TheRam

Coach
His analysis is good but OMG he takes forever to talk. Everything he says sounds like he’s reading an auto cue. And he’s sitting next to Mal who takes even longer to formulate some random point than the entirety of his political career

For mine, my favourite Fox League panellist/co-commentator was Mark Gasnier. Great analyser of the game and always heaped praise on all teams with abundant enthusiasm even Parra. In fact he would talk Parra up so much at times that if I didn't know I would have thought he was a former Eels player. Have great respect for him in his post NRL career.

I wish he had never left. Now we have is Ennis and Anasta and they are definitely not a Parra fans. Always looking to put the boot in when ever possible. The pair of them.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Based on form this season he is top 3 fullback in game. He is the best ball playing fullback in comp.Well close with Ponga.
His only downfall is defense which I think is a bit weak.

He did save a try last night, stripping the ball from Elliott - but I'm sure he can improve.