What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 8 vs Cowboys Team List Thread

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Some rumours going around that Broncos season ticket holders were asked to pay for tickets to yesterday's match? Surely that is a load of shit. They better not expect us to pay if we get selected to go to the Cowboys game.
Poor form from a club on the nose.

84 Baby

Referee
not sure why they would play Brown at 7, he will still play on the left, so the number doesn't really mean much

if we are rucking from the left he will be at play maker which he does now with Mitch in there some where, I dont think much will change but just so grateful to have him

he's been a revelation this year, his defense is outstanding
I think he'll play in the 6 jersey but he'll probably be our primary general kicker.
And I'd love him to use the opportunity to roam to other side of field

hindy111

Post Whore
I'd pick a 6 who is a great defender first and has a solid kicking game. Why I suggest Rhys Davies.

eels_fan

First Grade
I’d just slot Taka in like we did yesterday and he, Matto & Gutho can all step up with distribution and kicking.

I don’t think we should change too much of our structure.

hindy111

Post Whore
Yeah anyone other than Taka (Salmon, Smith, Field) will get a lot of traffic at him.

Taka can't kick at all.
BA did not me tioned Rhys Davies so I doubt he is an option. He also said he doesn't want to move Matterson.
Mentioned W.Smith,Taka,Salmon,Field.

Worse defenders would be Field but he also would be the best attacker.

Salmon would be the most solid pick

Rhys Davies has no experience but best kicking game.

W.Smith the most experience and would be a good kick also.

I'd be happy with any of these options. Even Taka. We could just play a power game and run over the top of sides.

Gronk

Staff member
Taka can't kick at all.
BA did not me tioned Rhys Davies so I doubt he is an option. He also said he doesn't want to move Matterson.

I'd be happy with any of these options. Even Taka. We could just play a power game and run over the top of sides.
I have no idea why merkins are promoting Salmon as an option. TBH he has shown me nothing in reggies or in his 17 FG games that he is “solid”. Not saying that he won’t make it as a NRL player - he’s only 21.

Incorrect

Coach
Probably because he replaced Brown last year for seven pretty decent games and is the most obvious five-eighth in the squad?
For me, it just needs to be someone who can pass well and can follow instructions. Nobody is expecting whoever it is to bring what Moses does. We need someone who knows their limitations and is not prone to brain farts trying to overplay their hand. To me that rules out Taka and Will f**king Smith. So without disrupting the structures too much I'd go with Salmon to slot in and do a job.

Noise

Coach
Salmon is over 6ft (187 cm) and is 96kg, Smith and Field are smaller / lighter. Salmon can handle the traffic.
I’ll be happy with either Salmon or Field. Has Salmon played much on the right? IIRC last year when he filled in at 6 he was always on the left (Brown’s side)

Gazzamatta

Coach
Salmon would be my pick. He filled in admirably for Drown last season.
As much as I love Gutho he is prone to overplaying his role. He has an average kicking game in general play and takes the wrong option at times. We dont want his effectiveness lessened with greater responsibility. That said im sure he won't be able to help himself. All part of his development as a leader. Sometimes less is more.

strider

Post Whore
Taka can't kick at all.

The order BA mentioned them, if it means anything ...

Taka, trained there a bit and filled in in the past
Matto, but dont wanna move a back rower
Field
Salmon
Will smith

Davies and Rankin not mentioned

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
I have no idea why merkins are promoting Salmon as an option. TBH he has shown me nothing in reggies or in his 17 FG games that he is “solid”. Not saying that he won’t make it as a NRL player - he’s only 21.
Glenneel has been saying that for 2 years and been shouted down, by me as well as others. I hope Salmon plays and kills it.