What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd7: Parra v Canberra GAME DAY thread (27/6/20)

hindy111

Post Whore
Why is the Brisbane going poor getting so much media. Plenty of teams have to go through this and they shouldn't be exempt. We all know it won't be for longer then 1 or 2 yrs. Some clubs have to have 5yr periods of it.

Noise

Coach
On Horsburgh, they were saying on the radio today (Triple M, I think) that he had an emotional reaction, because he thought he was a victim of a cannonball tackle, and it may have ended his season (or so he felt, at the time).

We laugh about it now, but to be honest, if I was a young player, just getting my career started, I reckon I might have a similar reaction, in the heat of the moment.
Plenty of players cop season ending injuries. None of them actually cry about it and take it out on both the opposition and fans. f**king sook.

I laugh about it now and will laugh about it for many years. It’s his run away Creagh moment.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I wonder if that silly old git is aware of the fact that the crowd are only cardboard cut outs ?

I dont really see any home ground advantage in playing in front of cardboard pics.

T.S Quint

Coach
Why is the Brisbane going poor getting so much media. Plenty of teams have to go through this and they shouldn't be exempt. We all know it won't be for longer then 1 or 2 yrs. Some clubs have to have 5yr periods of it.

The Broncos have only missed the finals three times in their history, and the lowest they’ve ever finished is 12th. They are a one-team League-mad city, the richest club who have a history of success.

It’s a pretty big deal. And it’s pretty funny.

T.S Quint

Coach
The Broncos have only missed the finals three times in their history, and the lowest they’ve ever finished is 12th. They are a one-team League-mad city, the richest club who have a history of success.

It’s a pretty big deal. And it’s pretty funny.

To add to this, the Storm are another team who have never been through a sustained period of shitness. The lowest they’ve ever finished is 10th In 2002. The year before they finished 9th. Those are the only two years they missed the finals.

Apart from 2010 of course, but that’s a different story.

Gronk

Staff member
Old school forwards don't cry when they hurt their little foot.
The NRL reporters spoke about his "emotion" on their podcast. The conclusion was that Parra were bashing him every time he had the ball and he just lost it. Wears his heart on his sleeve apparently. I can't say I have ever seen a forward cry because he had been targeted. :grimacing:

Gronk

Staff member
^^^^ link

Dally M: 3 - Clint Gutherson, 2 - George Williams, 1 - Josh Hodgson

strider

Post Whore
Cos they spend millions above the cap that other teams have no ability to do ... their "down" seasons should be mid table, not easy beats

Noise

Coach
The NRL reporters spoke about his "emotion" on their podcast. The conclusion was that Parra were bashing him every time he had the ball and he just lost it. Wears his heart on his sleeve apparently. I can't say I have ever seen a forward cry because he had been targeted. :grimacing:
"Ricky, those mean Parra forwards were picking on me :(:(:(:("

TheRam

Coach
^^^^ link

Dally M: 3 - Clint Gutherson, 2 - George Williams, 1 - Josh Hodgson

If RCG doesn't deserver to be in front of those two Faders wanabes then I'll eat this hat.

images

Latest posts