What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd7: Parra v Canberra GAME DAY thread (27/6/20)

Bazal

Post Whore
Plenty of players cop season ending injuries. None of them actually cry about it and take it out on both the opposition and fans. f**king sook.

I laugh about it now and will laugh about it for many years. It’s his run away Creagh moment.

To be brutally honest this kind of attitude is pretty shitty.

The bloke is a twat for carrying on at the crowd and I defs gave it to him for that, but at the same the idea that dudes can't get emotional needs to f**k right off.

T.S Quint

Coach

The bloke is a twat for carrying on at the crowd and I defs gave it to him for that, but at the same the idea that dudes can't get emotional needs to f**k right off.

Yeah I agree with that. We don’t know what he’s got going on in his life at the moment. That tackle and subsequent injury could have been the tipping point for him.

T.S Quint

Coach
I see that NRL.com does not show who the judges are for the Dally M voting.
Is this to avoid another Ruan Sims-like embarrassment? I think it’s fair that fans know who is handing out these points.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Ranga Farva was about to cry after Marata and Reggie smashed him earlier.

It was alright when he was carrying on like a Dickcheese when he smashed that blonde plodder from Manly a week earlier. The worry for him going forward is he was have a big red target on him. Literally.

Last edited:

Soto

Bench
Even bigger joke is the fact that Hodgson had 9 missed tackles and 1 try assist and George Williams 6 missed tackles and 1 try assist.
6 minutes to go those 2 wouldn't have been a consideration for points...
Toovey reckons there needs to be an investigation..

Noise

Coach

Meh, anyone that cries because he got smashed a couple of times and booed in first grade deserves to cop it. If the contact part of rugby league and the crowd booing is too much for him he needs to find another job.

Noise

Coach
Ranga Farva was about to cry after Marata and Reggie smashed him earlier.

It was alright when he was carrying on like a Dickcheese when he smashed that blonde plodder from Manly a week earlier. The worry for him going forward is he was have a big red target in him. Literally.
Yep, he was thinking he was a hard man the week before.

Soto

Bench
Meh, anyone that cries because he got smashed a couple of times and booed in first grade deserves to cop it. If the contact part of rugby league and the crowd booing is too much for him he needs to find another job.
Imagine how much worse it will be when he's playing in front of 20-30k?
The raiders were filth all round on Saturday.
Rapana - all the dog shots
Horsbugh - surely that's bringing the game into disrepute?
Hudson Young and Whitehead both pushing Gutho at the end. Really poor sportsmanship by the Raiders.
Club management should tell them all to pull their heads and concentrate on playing than their other bullshit antics.
Yes i get heat of the battle but the shit they carried on with the other night is not a good look for the game.

Bazal

Post Whore

Ultimately we can't know why specifically he got so emotional.

Regardless, the idea that an emotional bloke is soft because he's emotional needs to FOAD

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Wow. More evidence that the Dally M is a joke of an award. Who was the judge in this one?

Gary Belcher not surprisingly... Absolute peanut

I know they like to think all their judges are neutral but how you can have former club greats judge on their own teams games is just ridiculous.

RCG to not walk away with minimum 2 Dally M points is criminal. Josh Hodgson seriously? Williams kept trying and set up one good try but didn’t have that much bearing on the game. CNK was the Raiders best player by a fair margin I thought.

84 Baby

Referee
^^^^ link

Dally M: 3 - Clint Gutherson, 2 - George Williams, 1 - Josh Hodgson
That is horseshit that is!
Not to say RCG would be in line for player of year, but he destroyed them. How he doesn’t get 3 points is ridiculous

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Probably the best stats of any forward over the weekend and gets no points. What a joke

Does any of these judges watch the games??

Noise

Coach
Ultimately we can't know why specifically he got so emotional.

Regardless, the idea that an emotional bloke is soft because he's emotional needs to FOAD
He wasn't crying until he got smashed a couple of times. If getting hit hard is what tips him over the edge emotionally then the NRL is not for him. The week before when he was dishing it out he thought he was the toughest bloke on the field. Can dish it out but can't take it.

Last edited:

Eelementary

Post Whore
Plenty of players cop season ending injuries. None of them actually cry about it and take it out on both the opposition and fans. f**king sook.

I laugh about it now and will laugh about it for many years. It’s his run away Creagh moment.

I'm not saying he was right; what I'm saying is, he is 22, new to First Grade, and obviously has a temper.

It was funny - but I'm trying to say that, while I don't agree with his reaction, I can understand it.

I reckon we have all reacted stupidly in our lives, due to pressure.

Stormy36

Juniors
Hindy probably would've been like a Fatty in the early 90s when he first commentated, biased and wouldn't hold back, quotes like "Whats the touchie doing? Having a cup of tea?" or even "Gee that's poor defence, the back rower from Armidale A-Grade would've got him". But I guess he's chosen to be more funny.

I like you, is still annoyed with the poor refereeing decisions from last nights game. I would've been absolutely furious if we had lost.

The forward pass is the obvious one, but one of the others that gets me is the Horsburgh Matterson confrontation. At no stage in any other game does that deserve a penalty to any team.

As much as Gus Gould is annoying commentator and Channel 9's coverage is rubbish, I could sense if that if he was calling that game he'd be furious with Kleins decision of penalty.

I barely watch Channel 9 games but I could imagine him saying something like "Well its two blokes just pushing and shoving, a couple of niggles, nothing to it, play on". He's old school, he hates penalties like that.

As for Corey Horsburgh, I though it was strange he got emotional, maybe it was the injury, maybe he couldn't handle the sledging, or something else, I don't know.

But he seems like a good player, typical old school forward the way he plays, just a shame he got injured.
Are you an armidale local? Or just pulled that out of nowhere ?