What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blayke Brailey

Version IV

Juniors
What a game from Blayke today, its what we have been wanting, we kept him over Jayden because of this.

* Running from dummy half, he did this more today than he has ran all year
* Kicking from dummy half, and it was pinpoint, nearly pulled off a 40/20
* Kicks into the in goal we got 2 dropouts from this.

Overall it was a great game and hopefully this is what we see week in week out, it was the best performance in our 9 jersey since Ennis retired

ghoti

Bench
I was definitely proven wrong on the 'being pizzed we let Jayden go' rants last year...just couldn't see Blake becoming the club's first choice 80 min hooker with no genuine fill in for what I thought we be a failed experiment...but v happy to be proven very wrong! Lots of weapons in his arsenal and is backing up, tackling well, good service and is reliably error free. Hope he stays under the radar and doesn't cop the hype that some of our other youngsters have.

Tiger Shark

Bench
I was definitely proven wrong on the 'being pizzed we let Jayden go' rants last year...just couldn't see Blake becoming the club's first choice 80 min hooker with no genuine fill in for what I thought we be a failed experiment...but v happy to be proven very wrong! Lots of weapons in his arsenal and is backing up, tackling well, good service and is reliably error free. Hope he stays under the radar and doesn't cop the hype that some of our other youngsters have.

I honestly didn't understand why people were blowing up about this.

Blayke was clearly the better player so it's good everyone is seeing it now.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
I was worried when Cam King went down with the ACL in February as it meant we have no backup 9 to Blayke. I thought we’d see Cam off the bench for sure to rotate but geez Blayke has been fantastic this season and especially last night. Career best games from him.

Really like the impact of four big boys off the bench. Works a treat.

bluefox68

Staff member
Interestingly, Andrew Johns has been singing his praises for the last few weeks - and he would know talent!

shaggs

Coach
One game where he was top 3 on the field. Let’s hope he strings a few together like that before we get overexcited

Ads

First Grade
His passing looked much better which is the most important improvement.

carinashark

First Grade
How good is his tackling, actually the whole team was solid in defence. Except Woods, just a series of slaps and flops, an embarrassment for a Sharks forward.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Moylan made him look good. He was good. Probably a 7.5-8/10 game but FFS nothing to get so carried away with yet. 6 mediocre games and 1 high standard game.

I'll wait till he has some consistency before lauding him as the next Cam Smith.

To use context, Harry Grant is already miles ahead of Blayke in just 5 games.

Oh and FTR, Moylan made everyone look good.

Moylan made him look good. He was good. Probably a 7.5-8/10 game but FFS nothing to get so carried away with yet. 6 mediocre games and 1 high standard game.

I'll wait till he has some consistency before lauding him as the next Cam Smith.

To use context, Harry Grant is already miles ahead of Blayke in just 5 games.

Oh and FTR, Moylan made everyone look good.
Yep you are right, Moyza did make him look good, just like he made SJ and Chad look good last week and this week. He takes all the oppositions attention which frees them up, this week Brails was added to the show.
Personally I enjoyed the confidence Brails showed, it was the first time he’s really shown it through a full first grade game.
The one thing I did really like was when he went for a scoot for 10m or more than had a bopper follow him and take it another length. His kicking was a of a much greater standard too.
When Moyza is standing behind the ruck he is calling the plays, Brails is going to learn a great deal following his orders.

carinashark

First Grade
Rewatching the game . I’ not convinced that Moylan did that much . He still cannot kick, did a good air swing tho. Still likes to throw forward passes, that one day will hurt us.
Agree on Harry though, getting better every game.
Four big boys of the bench, yesssssssss.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Yep you are right, Moyza did make him look good, just like he made SJ and Chad look good last week and this week. He takes all the oppositions attention which frees them up, this week Brails was added to the show.
Personally I enjoyed the confidence Brails showed, it was the first time he’s really shown it through a full first grade game.
The one thing I did really like was when he went for a scoot for 10m or more than had a bopper follow him and take it another length. His kicking was a of a much greater standard too.
When Moyza is standing behind the ruck he is calling the plays, Brails is going to learn a great deal following his orders.

That's exactly what I meant BBB. Defences are watching Mythlan out the back and losing focus on where the ball actually is at. A step this way or that way towards where they think MM is going actually opens up a lot of space and leads to a lot of mid field scramble.

It's good.

I might start to like him soon

That's exactly what I meant BBB. Defences are watching Mythlan out the back and losing focus on where the ball actually is at. A step this way or that way towards where they think MM is going actually opens up a lot of space and leads to a lot of mid field scramble.

It's good.

I might start to like him soon
We can nearly say our spine actually played like a spine should. We’re still that lock forward short though.
I’m still not happy with our defensive reads. I get it that they are told to jam in, they just have to make better choices and make sure there is cover.
We may need a reality check soon.

Frenzy.

Immortal
We can nearly say our spine actually played like a spine should. We’re still that lock forward short though.
I’m still not happy with our defensive reads. I get it that they are told to jam in, they just have to make better choices and make sure there is cover.
We may need a reality check soon.

We're also short a left edge second rower ATM

Let the controversy begin