What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 vs Tigers

tripster

Juniors
Probably doesn’t mean as much to us, but this is a big game for the West Tigers given the unpleasant circumstances around Ivan leaving there club and the whole getting on the bus thing. There is a lot of hatred there given his departure from there club so they are really going to be up for it even if it was 18 months ago now. The West Tigers are a dangerous side on the day, even if no one really knows when they are on or not. If we play at our very best I’m confident we have them covered but if not at our 100% best then I wouldn’t put it past them to get the job done on us. Another really dangerous game, given we should win, but I take nothing for granted.

Completely agree. The Tigers are looking incredibly dangerous with Harry Grant at 9 and demolished the Bulldogs. They have won their last two games and are playing well. Definitely a danger game for us. It would be typical of panther teams of old to lose a game like this.

Kilkenny

Coach
Completely agree. The Tigers are looking incredibly dangerous with Harry Grant at 9 and demolished the Bulldogs. They have won their last two games and are playing well. Definitely a danger game for us. It would be typical of panther teams of old to lose a game like this.

In many respects, this is a bigger game for us than any of the last four weeks or so.

This is the first game in which we are actually supposed or expected to win.

Given where we are at as a team, where we are on the ladder, what we have achieved so far this season these are the games if we are serious contenders we have to win.

We don’t necessarily have to put the West Tigers to the sword and win by big margins, but if we are serious about making the top 8 or better then we have to get the job done this weekend.

I am apprehensive as always but look forward to seeing whether we are really the real deal this weekend or still pretenders.

franklin2323

Immortal
I have a relative who was contracted to Wentworthville Magpies for this season, he has chosen to retire ahead of the proposed restart. He is 28 years old and just decided that he has to move on and has taken a full time job opportunity away from the game. It is what it is.

A lot of older guys are doing that very thing. The younger guys are actually trying to get starts in the bush

A few clubs doubt they can field teams next year even. The lower grades are a mess sadly

Kilkenny

Coach
Our next 4 games we will start favourites in rightfully so

What does that really mean? Seriously?

We are above the sides in the table who we are playing so on that basis does it mean because we are favourites we will win?

We are on 11 points three above the West Tigers this week, does this guarantee us a victory?

You are already talking about the finals and we are far from being secure in a top 8 position.

Let’s take one game at a time, not get ahead of ourselves and if come round 20 we are somewhere in the top 8 or better than that we will all be happy.

franklin2323

Immortal
What does that really mean? Seriously?

We are above the sides in the table who we are playing so on that basis does it mean because we are favourites we will win?

We are on 11 points three above the West Tigers this week, does this guarantee us a victory?

You are already talking about the finals and we are far from being secure in a top 8 position.

Let’s take one game at a time, not get ahead of ourselves and if come round 20 we are somewhere in the top 8 or better than that we will all be happy.

I am saying and have been all year that there are some very average teams in the comp. The teams we are starting to play now and should win atleast 50% of our remaining games

We won’t win all 4 but if we can win 2.
That will leave us win 7 wins from 11 games. Win 3 of the last 9 and we are in the semis.

Souths in for WT and that is what the top 8 will be. Just the order to play out

flash

Juniors
I think he's more on the bench for balance as we have two props on the bench, but I don't understand the love for Billy Burns. He runs hard, but also either misses crucial tackles or against Storm gave them penalties in his 20 odd minutes.

martielang

Bench
Tigs gave us a touch up last year about this time didn't they? 30 nil at half time or something.

Re; Billy Burns, he's in a tough spot at the moment. Given his main asset is hole / line running, he's not getting enough time to really find the rhythm of the game. He's a good footballer & probably a little different to our other backrow options now Capewell is out, but his defence does need improvement. Wouldn't surprise me if Kiks sits out this week.

WestyLife

First Grade
Tigs gave us a touch up last year about this time didn't they? 30 nil at half time or something.

Re; Billy Burns, he's in a tough spot at the moment. Given his main asset is hole / line running, he's not getting enough time to really find the rhythm of the game. He's a good footballer & probably a little different to our other backrow options now Capewell is out, but his defence does need improvement. Wouldn't surprise me if Kiks sits out this week.

Yeah they ran a few quick tries through Fuimaono playing at centre if I remember correctly.

Pretty accurate on burns.

kinghippo

Juniors

Burns looked best when he played centre last year, he has looked really off the pace after the covid break with a fair bit of arm grabbing in defence.
Obviously he needs more time to develop but after a few bad performances in a row I think someone else should get a chance.

BxTom

Bench
I think he's more on the bench for balance as we have two props on the bench, but I don't understand the love for Billy Burns. He runs hard, but also either misses crucial tackles or against Storm gave them penalties in his 20 odd minutes.
How does a virtual rookie become a good NRL player? Game time and good coaching. He's the same as Burton, needs to be brought along at the right speed for the individual player...

Panthers coach Ivan Cleary has named his side to face Wests Tigers at Bankwest Stadium on Saturday.

In the only change to the 17 that defeated South Sydney, Josh Mansour has overcome a knee issue to take his place on the wing.

Spencer Leniu has been named on the extended bench in place of Jack Hetherington, who this week joined the Warriors on a short-term loan deal.

The Panthers will wear the pink 2020 Alternate Jersey.
1. Dylan EDWARDS - sponsored by CC Tyres Penrith
2. Josh MANSOUR - sponsored by MKJ Projects
3. Dean WHARE - sponsored by Potter Automotive
4. Stephen CRICHTON - sponsored by Penrith Toyota
5. Brian TO'O - sponsored by Soneta Plumbing
6. Jarome LUAI - sponsored by Hertz
7. Nathan CLEARY - sponsored by Chemtools
8. James TAMOU (c) - sponsored by Protech Locksmiths
9. Api KOROISAU - sponsored by Cetnaj Wetherill Park
10. James FISHER-HARRIS - sponsored by Chardon & Abbott Home Loans
11. Viliame KIKAU - sponsored by Hix Group
12. Liam MARTIN - sponsored by AMA Event Management