What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
Prob for Storm is Braondom Smith. He is a capable hooker.

Tigers also have Jacob Little.

We wont be getting either. We will commit to Mahoney and chances are Schneider will be on bench next season at some point

Eelementary

Post Whore
I wouldn't swap Reed Mahoney for any hooker in the comp, tbh.

Aggressive defence, kicking, accurate passing...and he's still only young.

Grant may turn out a better and/or more skilful player, but Mahoney is a perfect fit for us.

He's also a future captain, imo.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Prob for Storm is Braondom Smith. He is a capable hooker.

Tigers also have Jacob Little.

We wont be getting either. We will commit to Mahoney and chances are Schneider will be on bench next season at some point
Jacob Liddle, and he’s made of glass.

hindy111

Post Whore
I wouldn't swap Reed Mahoney for any hooked in the comp, tbh.

Aggressive defence, kicking, accurate passing...and he's still only young.

Grant may turn out a better and/or more skilful player, but Mahoney is a perfect fit for us.

He's also a future captain, imo.

I'd swap for Korisau and Cook.

hindy111

Post Whore
I wouldn't.

Koroisau is 26, and Cook is 29.

Mahoney has only recently turned 22.

He can do everything the other two can, at a fraction of the cost.

Plus hos defence is A-class.

He doesn't run the ball like those two. If we had either of them in this year's team I reckon we are favourites just about.
That isn't knocking Mahoney. He is a good little player. But I do not thi k he is in the top 5 hookers in game.

Gazzamatta

Coach
He doesn't run the ball like those two. If we had either of them in this year's team I reckon we are favourites just about.
That isn't knocking Mahoney. He is a good little player. But I do not thi k he is in the top 5 hookers in game.
It was noticeable vrs the Faiders that his intention was to run more and try to create greater opportunities from D/H not just pass. Not everything he tried worked positively but the intentiin was there. Hes improving all the time. I wouldnt swap him for any other either. The best is yet to come.

Eelementary

Post Whore

But like I said - you're comparing a 28-year old, and a 29-year old, to a 22-year old - a 22-year old who has is sitting at 6 and 1 after 7 rounds.

I have no doubt that as Mahoney settles further into First Grade, that he will run more.

I actually agree with Pou - I don't think he needs to run that much, given how we play, and so while it may be nice to have him run more, it's not a requirement for our hooker.

If Arthur thought a "run first" hooked was a requirement, he probably would have Will Smith on the bench.