What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 8 vs Cowboys Team List Thread

strider

Post Whore
Is Jordan Rankin a chance to debut for us? Just for a bit of experience next to Brown
Ive seen 3 interviews with BA mentioning options and he has never mentioned Rankin ... could be some sneaky shenanigans, but i reckon he is not in the picture

T.S Quint

Coach
Taka had one kick against the Raiders. It went out on the full.

He's a decent utility in the outer backs or back row, but not in the halves for mine.

He actually had two. His second went straight into the back of Croker. Luckily it was ruled to be played at and we got the ball back, but it was an awful kick.

84 Baby

Referee
Replacing Moses' long kicking game is where we're gonna fall down a bit I reckon, his spiral bomb off halfway or thereabouts is a thing of beauty when he nails it, and really gives our defence the opportunity to get on top with aggression inside the opposition 10. We don't have another player that can do that, which means a greater margin of error trying to get distance, or the opposition starting their sets further out.

Short kicking game we can cover, so our pack is really gonna have to stand up that extra bit in both defence and attack. What's encouraging is that they did that against the Raiders when Moses went off, we straightened our attack and really pushed through the middle.

Whoever BA goes with I reckon it'll be with that in mind. Run straight, run hard, work to win the ruck.
My thoughts exactly. His defence is ok but it’s never going to advantage us the extra 100m or so his kicking does over our next best kicker

Happy MEel

First Grade
The text message had no gifs so I know it wasn't that idiot.
giphy.gif

Gronk

Staff member
BA will name Taka today is my hunch. Even if he has no intention of playing Taka, he'll name him at 6 just to take the heat of a rookie.

Bazal

Post Whore
BA will name Taka today is my hunch. Even if he has no intention of playing Taka, he'll name him at 6 just to take the heat of a rookie.

Probably.

At least one of Salmon and Field and maybe both in the 21