What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That's what you said. Which games has he lost for us? He has a 75% win rate for the Eels. He got sold a big dummy on Sat but he was clearly concussed and we actually won, remember. Now get your mask on and get down to Woollies for some teabags.
Very good point about his win rate. He must be doing something right.

TheRam

Coach
You're constantly saying we should sign all these fringe nuffies. Don't go crowing when one turns out to be a solid first grader.

Mate are you kidding? You're the king of mediocrity love. For years you spruiked the talents of our shit coaches and shit players. All I ever do is try to pick players that are generally affordable and haven't been over hyped or out of favour for different reasons but I believe have talent that could be fulfilled at our club.

Have I had a couple of misses, sure who hasn't, but I stand by my record over yours in particular any day of the week.

RCG is another example that I said last year would be a perfect pickup and could regain the quality he once had earlier in his career. Sure others did too, but many doubted it. I had great confidence he would, especially towards the back end of last year, where he was travelling at maybe 70% of his ability and still denting the line.

It was a no brainer with the right environment and love he would go well. Now he and Paulo, who if I remember correctly, you didn't want him back due to price and his potential disruption of the squad are the form two front rows in the comp and as an example the reason we dominated Papalii on the weekend and shat all over their less then impressive pack.

That is why it is so annoying that two weeks in a row we have lost concentration as a team after doing all the hard work to only clock off and let them back into the game. The Roosters made us pay, not because they were better then us, but more mentally seasoned and toughened then us and the Raiders nearly the same but, thank f**k we came back and piped them in the end.

But as for my suggestions on possible player recruitment, it is generally exceptional. You on the other hand stick to your love of plodders and just enjoy what Hindy, BA and I have created for ya and be ungrateful ya git.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So who else comes into this group? No one that I can see, so Cleary for mine is equal to best half in the game depending on what type of playmaker you prefer. The only one that is better at this stage is Keary and he is playing 5/8th.
The same Keary who touches the ball more than his 'halfback' most weeks? Keary and Flanagan play left-right, with the team attacking from centrefield most of the time.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Mate are you kidding? You're the king of mediocrity love. For years you spruiked the talents of our shit coaches and shit players. All I ever do is try to pick players that are generally affordable and haven't been over hyped or out of favour for different reasons but I believe have talent that could be fulfilled at our club.

Have I had a couple of misses, sure who hasn't, but I stand by my record over yours in particular any day of the week.

RCG is another example that I said last year would be a perfect pickup and could regain the quality he once had earlier in his career. Sure others did too, but many doubted it. I had great confidence he would, especially towards the back end of last year, where he was travelling at maybe 70% of his ability and still denting the line.

It was a no brainer with the right environment and love he would go well. Now he and Paulo, who if I remember correctly, you didn't want him back due to price and his potential disruption of the squad are the form two front rows in the comp and as an example the reason we dominated Papalii on the weekend and shat all over their less then impressive pack.

That is why it is so annoying that two weeks in a row we have lost concentration as a team after doing all the hard work to only clock off and let them back into the game. The Roosters made us pay, not because they were better then us, but more mentally seasoned and toughened then us and the Raiders nearly the same but, thank f**k we came back and piped them in the end.

But as for my suggestions on possible player recruitment, it is generally exceptional. You on the other hand stick to your love of plodders and just enjoy what Hindy, BA and I have created for ya and be ungrateful ya git.
Plodders are necessary to assemble a competitive team under the cap. We are currently running first with how many current Origin players?

It's a team sport, and a team full of plodders with a couple of stars will kill the team with half a dozen stars and the rest reserve graders. The irony is that people like you look at these great teams and overrate most of their players. Guys like Shaun Lane and Joseph Manu would look like nobodies in a weaker team

84 Baby

Referee
Plodders are necessary to assemble a competitive team under the cap. We are currently running first with how many current Origin players?

It's a team sport, and a team full of plodders with a couple of stars will kill the team with half a dozen stars and the rest reserve graders. The irony is that people like you look at these great teams and overrate most of their players. Guys like Shaun Lane and Joseph Manu would look like nobodies in a weaker team
Is the answer 13?

lucablight

First Grade

Lane and Manu are legit good players at. To say that they would look like “nobodies” in a weaker team is being incredibly disingenuous.

hindy111

Post Whore
We're not paying huge dollars for him, penrith are.

For this to happen it means when Penrith offered to let Blake go no other clubs where interested hey and they thought they'll need to chip in to get rid of him. Same as DWZ. I reckon a host of clubs would of been keen on both these two. My guess is Panthers took a hit on them both last season but now their current clubs are paying 100% and my guess is about 500k for Blake and 600k for DWZ who the dogs purchased as a fullback only to find out he is just a winger who wants to play fullback.

RCG is a different case. He would of been on about 750k.He had a few injuries and playing bad. Not many clubs would of wanted him for that price. But my guess is around 500-550k a few would of been interested. If it was 400k then most the comp would want to chat. They where not players nobody had any interest in.
I dare say Panthers are paying around the 150k for him for perhaps 3yrs of his contract and RCG may of been happy to wipe 50k off a year himself.

hindy111

Post Whore
Lane and Manu are legit good players at. To say that they would look like “nobodies” in a weaker team is being incredibly disingenuous.

Pou is right and wrong.
Lane and Manu both have some of the best offloading capability in the comp. They are great players.
But in a weaker side they wouldn't be noticed. Look at Tyrone Peachey as a great example. I doubt every player who goes to the gold coast turns bad. They get less chance to shine.

84 Baby

Referee

Someone should put together a year to year squad succession of which players play Origin thread

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well Lane was nothing special before he came to Parra and Manu has never played for a weaker team.

But look at the players who leave the Storm and Roosters and come back to the field. Scott and Proctor, Pearce and Latrell Mitchell. Even Michael Jennings when Parra is going average. He was the best centre in the game when he left the Chooks and now magically looking nearly as good when his team is firing.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Pou is right and wrong.
Lane and Manu both have some of the best offloading capability in the comp. They are great players.
But in a weaker side they wouldn't be noticed. Look at Tyrone Peachey as a great example. I doubt every player who goes to the gold coast turns bad. They get less chance to shine.
Less chance to shine and heaps more opportunities to look like garbage - getting gang tackled every time they get the ball but in defence they always find themselves isolated.

lucablight

First Grade
Less chance to shine and heaps more opportunities to look like garbage - getting gang tackled every time they get the ball but in defence they always find themselves isolated.
Sometimes a player just needs a change in order to shine. Lane definitely had a lot of wraps on him as a potential superstar when he played at the Bulldogs. I’d say Lane and Manu are contributing to the success of their respective teams and not just riding the coat tails. I don’t agree they wouldn’t necessarily be as good if they played for lower tier teams. Is Regan Campbell-Gillard only going do well because he’s in a successful team now or is he a major reason for the success?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Sometimes a player just needs a change in order to shine. Lane definitely had a lot of wraps on him as a potential superstar when he played at the Bulldogs. I’d say Lane and Manu are contributing to the success of their respective teams and not just riding the coat tails. I don’t agree they wouldn’t necessarily be as good if they played for lower tier teams. Is Regan Campbell-Gillard only going do well because he’s in a successful team now or is he a major reason for the success?
Well he looks better than he did last year. Playing long minutes in a team that usually gets an even share of the ball certainly helps.

hindy111

Post Whore
RCG was playing scared. He had 2 broken JAWS. Was backing into the defense.
He is back to his origin form now. Playing better meant more minutes.

At same time we could of lost against Manly,Raiders,Panthers and Dogs. They where anyones game untill the siren went. Where we the better side in all 4 of those games or did the whistle end the game and a good time while we where infront? I reckon we where fairly equal to the opposition.
Had the results gone the other way would people still be so sweet on RCG?
The Win makes people see the game differently

strider

Post Whore
I had this awesome dream last night. I was watching the news and there was vision of Gutho and BA addressing the Storm in their change room after a game at Lang Park...
I hope they were addressing them with their middle fingers hansborough style

Latest posts