What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 R8 Thu - Storm 27-25* Roosters @ Suncorp

Round 8: Storm v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shear_joy9

Coach
Still can’t find out what the penalty was for from when the Storm did the short kick off when they were trailing 12-22, I have heard the reason was for a push by Boyd Cordner but a few have said there was no push, Nine didn’t show a replay of the incident and I didn’t record the game so couldn’t go back and have a look, either way that was the turning point of the game which let Melbourne back in and led to that crazy, entertaining , thrilling and depending what side you suppport heart breaking final 10 mins.

473pfl.gif

MilkShark

First Grade
Cordner was penalised for push, it was from a short kick to restart play from Melbourne just after the Roosters scored to go up 22-12, Melbourne got penalty then went on to score to make it 18-22.
Thanks, yeah right.

From some one who dislikes both these teams, I do feel cordner ran him off the ball looking at that GIF

typicalfan

Coach
I support NQ but thought Easts were dudded by Klein.

I am convinced Mel and Bri are a protected species. I don’t think I am the only one who believes Mel and Bri are gifted 50/50 calls when they need them in tight games. Last night was an example.

I can accept refs making mistakes as it is a fast game, but the things they happen to notice at crucial times that benefit Mel and Bri but suddenly don’t see when it’s the other way around are so numerous it isn’t funny.
Like when Vunivalu was ruled out in the final vs Raiders last year?

Storm get these penalties because they are good at milking, have a guy good at deception playing 9, and they usually control the end of games well.

Valheru

Coach
Not sure any reasonable Roosters fan can say they were robbed after turning over the ball as much as they did last night

100% this.

Yes it was a knock on by B Smith but calls like that come back around. We can't control the refs, what we can control is errors and there were way too many against a team like the storm who were good enough to capitalise.

There was a bit of milk involved in the penalty to win the game but Jake definitely pushed him and i would be filthy if a penalty wasn't given to us in the same situation.

At the end of the day we lost by 2 to a top four team after 5 straight wins where we gifted them a mountain of possession. Nothing to have a sook about like some fans on fb are having.

Move on and learn from the mistakes and just keep churning out enough wins to finish in that top 4 with as healthy a roster as possible.

Apey

Staff member
Roosters defence was great as always and was the number one reason the game was close. With all the drop ball, even with Storms clunky attack, if they couldn't defend like they do it'd have been a 13+ loss. Most other teams would lose by 20 odd with that amount of errors.

lazza

Juniors
Does anyone know why the Jake friend penalty wasn’t just 6 again? Didn’t seem like it warranted the game.

lazza

Juniors
Does anyone know why the Jake friend penalty wasn’t just 6 again? Didn’t seem like it warranted the game.

horrie hastings

First Grade

While it was a shame the game was decided on a penalty goal in Golden Point, it was a penalty any day in normal time or extra time, you could not have given 6 again , it was a penalty.

lazza

Juniors
While it was a shame the game was decided on a penalty goal in Golden Point, it was a penalty any day in normal time or extra time, you could not have given 6 again , it was a penalty.
Thnx - So maybe ill rephrase, when does a ruck infringement constitute a penalty VS 6 again? I saw a shove in the parra game against Ferguson and it was deemed milking but looked very similar. To end an epic that way just seemed like a letdown

Latest posts