What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Crowd Watch

Jpw251

Juniors
Broncos crowds are gonna be down this year if it all goes back to normal. They've shit the end this season and the other code aren't doing to bad so far.

Jamberoo

Juniors
Disappointing the games are not selling out even with 25% capacity. Are people in Sydney worried about catching CV19 or simply used to watching at home?

jim_57

Staff member
Disappointing the games are not selling out even with 25% capacity. Are people in Sydney worried about catching CV19 or simply used to watching at home?

I wouldn't be surprised if crowds take a a year or more to recover even once all restrictions are lifted. This will hang over the world for a while even if Australia has done well to avoid the worst of it so far. Big events will be fine but for regular season games people will be second guessing for a while.

jim_57

Staff member
This one I find interesting

Not able to get 5k at Robina with a closed border suggests that there is greater support south of the border in the Northern Rivers than in Qld

With this one does the amount of stands they have open affect capacity? Titans have regularly closed off stands, I assume to reduce costs, from memory it looked like they had all but 1 closed yesterday. Maybe the price of opening up the others isn't worth the potential extra gate takings.

Latest posts