What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs the Sharks

tripster

Juniors
The only concern for mine is missing To’o. His impact on the team can’t be understated. I don’t see Naden having the same impact, assuming he comes onto the wing to replace him,

The Sharks have also been one of our bogey teams for quite a while and are in form. I can see this being another tough game and wouldn’t be surprised if we only just scrape home.

The only concern for mine is missing To’o. His impact on the team can’t be understated. I don’t see Naden having the same impact, assuming he comes onto the wing to replace him,

The Sharks have also been one of our bogey teams for quite a while and are in form. I can see this being another tough game and wouldn’t be surprised if we only just scrape home.

Naden did run for a lot of meters the game he played on the wing. I don’t think the difference will be massive, as much as I like To’o.

franklin2323

Immortal
6 games with Cleary, Luai & Apisai. The main attacking unit.

But that doesn’t change the fact our defence has improved more than our attack.

On figures yes. When we get to Round 20 maybe not

Very few teams will score 20 v Roosters and Storm. When we finally get to play the ordinary teams that will change

On figures yes. When we get to Round 20 maybe not

Very few teams will score 20 v Roosters and Storm. When we finally get to play the ordinary teams that will change

But it’s the same for attack & defence. We’ve been playing good teams, and the defence has improved more than the attack.

Ie. We may score more against the lesser teams, but we should also defend better against the lesser teams, too.

Ultimately all I’m saying is, defence has been the biggest improvement so far. It’s undeniable.

tripster

Juniors
Naden did run for a lot of meters the game he played on the wing. I don’t think the difference will be massive, as much as I like To’o.

Naden made good metres against the Bunnies, but a lot of those metres were when he was in space. To’o excels at post contact metres followed by fast play the balls that helps get our sets off to a quick start. Having Edwards and Mansour in the team will mean it won’t be so bad for the start of our sets, but I’d take To’o over Naden on the wing if he was fit.

Last edited:

WestyLife

First Grade
Naden made good metres against the Bunnies, but a lot of those metres were when he was in space. To’o excels at post contact metres followed by fast play the balls that helps get our sets off to a quick start. Having Edwards and Mansour in the team will mean it won’t be so bad for the start of our sets, but I’d take To’o over Naden on the wing if he was fit.

Naden had 96 post contact metres Vs Souths which is more than To'o for any game since the break and Mansour has only beaten it maybe once.

WestyLife

First Grade
Well he's not Tedesco, is he? (that's what they said). I wonder how the other 14 clubs are getting along. Their fullbacks aren't Tedesco either.

The big thing is he isn't a ball player though this year he seems to be willing to pass more so it's probably developing. It can't be said we have a better fullback at the club we can only guess someone like Burton would improve a few aspects like playmaking. It's not our worst position by any means.

franklin2323

Immortal
Naden had 96 post contact metres Vs Souths which is more than To'o for any game since the break and Mansour has only beaten it maybe once.

That stat can be mis leading. If you are put in a half gap and the defence sticks and arm out it is post contact metres.

It is a guide but not always reliable that game the whole left had a crazy amount of hitups. Atleast we will have a bigger sample size now

WestyLife

First Grade
That stat can be mis leading. If you are put in a half gap and the defence sticks and arm out it is post contact metres.

It is a guide but not always reliable that game the whole left had a crazy amount of hitups. Atleast we will have a bigger sample size now

It still shows that comment is wrong. Naden does the tough stuff on the wing.

John Hamblin

Juniors
The Sharks have been decent of late. However I think they lack mobility in their pack and with no Moylan rely heavily on Shaun Johnson. I can't see Johnson being given too much room !!

Oh I’d definitely take To’o over Naden, I just don’t think the difference on meters will be massive. We can easily cover it.

Yeah that 200 plus metres Naden were tough metres, he was carrying two and three defenders at times especially in the second half. His runs were very Mansour like.

Naden will be a very good winger, only thing he needs to look out for is keeping the kilos off. Having him & Crichton on opposite sides gives us two kicking targets as well.

Exsilium

First Grade
The Sharks have been decent of late. However I think they lack mobility in their pack and with no Moylan rely heavily on Shaun Johnson. I can't see Johnson being given too much room !!

We just need to watch the kicks from SJ which are kicked in behind and across the defensive line. They’ve found success in catching out the centre and wing pairings who rush up.

They also have the wide backrower who runs the decoy for that same play. If we hold our positions and Edwards is onto the kicks, we will win.

betcats

Referee
Naden will be a very good winger, only thing he needs to look out for is keeping the kilos off. Having him & Crichton on opposite sides gives us two kicking targets as well.

Yep if he stays in shape he adds something to that wing spot. We lose a fair bit with Brian out but Naden brings some a little different with his size and aerial threat.

Edit: Playing outside Whare(which i assume he will be doing while To'o is out) will give him a chance to learn off Whare also.

Last edited:

kinghippo

Juniors
The to’o loss is rough, he has been having a great year.
Whare in centre Naden to wing is obvious but if we loose any more who would be coming through?
Wingers : Staines
Centres : Cartwright, Burns ?
Burton is obviously looking for time, is he a realistic choice in the centres?

Latest posts