What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 R9 Sat - Raiders 14-20 Storm @ GIO

Round 9: Raiders v Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2020 - Round 9
Canberra Raiders v Melbourne Storm
GIO Stadium Canberra, Bruce
Saturday 11 July 2020

Kickoff 7:35pm - Fox League/Kayo

TL-CAN20a.png

1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad 2. Nick Cotric 3. Jarrod Croker 4. Michael Oldfield 5. Bailey Simonsson 6. Jack Wighton 7. George Williams 8. Josh Papali'i 9. Josh Hodgson 10. Dunamis Lui 11. Hudson Young 12. Elliott Whitehead 13. Joseph Tapine
Interchange: 14. Siliva Havili 15. Kai O'Donnell 16. Ryan Sutton 17. Jordan Rapana 18. Tom Starling 19. Matt Frawley 20. Darby Medlyn 21. Curtis Scott

TL-MEL20a.png

1. Ryan Papenhuyzen 2. Marion Seve 3. Justin Olam 4. Paul Momirovski 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Ryley Jacks 7. Jahrome Hughes 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Cameron Smith 10. Christian Welch 11. Felise Kaufusi 12. Kenneath Bromwich 13. Dale Finucane
Interchange: 14. Brandon Smith 15. Tino Fa'asuamaleaui 16. Tom Eisenhuth 17. Nelson Asofa-Solomona 18. Darryn Schonig 19. Cameron Munster 20. Brenko Lee 21. Nicholas Hynes

fevf2bE.jpg

Referees: Grant Atkins
Sideline Officials: Dave Munro, Peter Gough
Video Referees: Steve Chiddy, Ben Galea

Last edited by a moderator:

shear_joy9

Coach
Storm by 20+

Canberra are well and truely f**ked. Brett White will go from waterboy to starting prop because there is no forwards left at the club

Tommy Smith

Referee
How are the Storm outsiders?

I'd back them to view this as a revenge game and with the Raiders poor form and injuries I'd say Storm 13+ as well.

Get ready to lube up your sphincter lads, theres gonna be some major league hurtin in the sheds after this one..... amazingly / somehow the raiders have won the past three against these cheating dicks, theres absolutely NO WAY that bellyache will allow it to be 4 in a row.... can you imagine the texers?!
Storm 32 def. Raiders 12

Last edited:

shear_joy9

Coach
It’s almost comical that Ricky says he benched Papali’i and started Soliola and Guler to ease the load on Papa. Next minute they both suffer serious injuries and the forward pack is now just Papalii

Rodney Rude

Juniors
Tough one to pick. Canberra have owned the Storm lately but have a feeling Melbourne will be too good here

bileduct

Coach
Has it been confirmed this is being played at GIO? I can't see any tickets on sale for it, and the NRL site says it's being played at Campbelltown.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
We haven't been playing well and now our pack is wrecked with long term injuries. Storm will win easy.

The Cameron Smith Chicken Wing tacklers will get their revenge in this one.

But it will be close as the game against the Roosters will have definitely zapped their energy levels.

azza29

Juniors
Should be another great contest. Raiders seem to be bookies favourites but if Melbourne can bring the same intensity as they did on Thursday then they definitely have a solid shot at a win.

moffla

Bench
Fortunately we get a decent break from the Roosters game leading into this one as I'd imagine we were pretty f**ked after that.

I don't think it'll be the walkover people suggest though, Raiders have really lifted against us of late and they're our new bogey side.

BadnMean

Juniors
I just can't see the Raiders current pack- with 4 out injured from last years GF team- getting over the Melbourne pack for 80 minutes. There might be some heroic efforts but Melbourne are deep in the bench.

Storm by 13+, Solomona rampaging, Brandon Smith starring & Papenhuyzen shredding the Raiders right.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
Has it been confirmed this is being played at GIO? I can't see any tickets on sale for it, and the NRL site says it's being played at Campbelltown.
The Raiders confirmed the venue last week. NRL app is notoriously slow to update - they updated all venues for R9-12 yesterday.

bileduct

Coach
The Raiders confirmed the venue last week. NRL app is notoriously slow to update - they updated all venues for R9-12 yesterday.
Yeah I picked up tickets today when they finally announced them 5 minutes before they went on sale.

f**king ridiculous seating selections though... I got mine right on 2PM when they became available and somehow I'm in the non-covered section of the grandstand. And I am in the priority one group.

Latest posts