What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blues Riff

Bench
None of those lads will be thinking about all that shit at the moment. It's a different ball game. Some teams are crumbling.
Look at the victory song. It's all inclusive this season. Staff, injured players, reserves all part of the success.
Whatever needs to be done, we seem to be doing. Long way to go yet. Everyone will get a shot.

Edit - hoping to see young Brian smashing the Esky lid every week.

franklin2323

Immortal
I realise that. Burton is a bloody good player.

Look at who is locked in so far:

Edwards (24)
To'o (21)
Naden (25)
Crichton (19)
??
Luai (23)
Cleary (23)

So in theory the backline is locked in for the short term.

I hope he stays and presses for the centre spot but I think he will join a few ex team mates at Tigers

Jane Murray

Bench

Edwards (24)
To'o (21)
Naden (25)
Crichton (19)
??
Luai (23)
Cleary (23)

I hope he stays and presses for the centre spot but I think he will join a few ex team mates at Tigers
I hope not. He was training for the lock position, he is built for that.

WestyLife

First Grade

Edwards (24)
To'o (21)
Naden (25)
Crichton (19)
??
Luai (23)
Cleary (23)

Like I said before if he needs Time at training to develop a position outside the halves that's reasonable but the club will regret losing him.

ACTPanthers

Bench
God knows how May has leapfrogged Burton... He brings nothing more than Burton so I have no idea why he jumps straight into the side - Maybe being house mates with the coaches son does have its advantages...

Bob

Juniors
From the rumours here it doesn't sound like they are but hope so
What rumours? All I’ve read from reputable people is that he is highly rated by the club, The club has its priorities, they might have to move on a player or 2 (Mansour, Whare, Tamou)to have sufficient salary cap room to resign him long term

franklin2323

Immortal
What rumours? All I’ve read from reputable people is that he is highly rated by the club, The club has its priorities, they might have to move on a player or 2 (Mansour, Whare, Tamou)to have sufficient salary cap room to resign him long term

Yep. Other teams need talent and will come knocking doesn't mean the club doesn't want him

Lukemac

Juniors
Mansour out, Edwards to the wing, he is faster and better in the air than sauce. What we may lack in go forward we will make up for in speed and finishing.
Tamou to go, he has been great but we could use the money to keep critta and we have heaps of forwards in Ellis, tetavano, lenui , hetherington, leota, fish etc.
Burton to fullback. He is quick, tall and would be a qenuine threat at the back. We must keep the best players available and find a spot for them. It’s a no brainer. Burton would be a better fullback than Edwards and Edwards a better winger than sauce.

MugaB

Coach
Mansour out, Edwards to the wing, he is faster and better in the air than sauce. What we may lack in go forward we will make up for in speed and finishing.
Tamou to go, he has been great but we could use the money to keep critta and we have heaps of forwards in Ellis, tetavano, lenui , hetherington, leota, fish etc.
Burton to fullback. He is quick, tall and would be a qenuine threat at the back. We must keep the best players available and find a spot for them. It’s a no brainer. Burton would be a better fullback than Edwards and Edwards a better winger than sauce.
Naden is built for the wing, if Burton wants a permanent spot, centre wil be his if he can wait till Whare moves on

tripster

Juniors

Unfortunately the Edwards to wing experiment was tried early last season when Edwards was having a rough time at full back. It went very badly. Edwards showed that he isn’t a winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.