What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Be interesting to see what the fallout is at the Broncos and what players get the shoulder tap in the next month or two.
Both Jack Bird and Anthony Milford have taken up player options for next year so big money deals still there for those two.
Fifita still hasn’t signed and with Titans offering multi year deal for big money and Dogs a massive one year deal the Donkeys might need to find extra coin again.
Players out of favour up here with the Coach seem to be Isaako and Corey Oates. The spotlight is also on Joe Ofanengoue and Alex Glenn. TPJ if in trouble again with suspensions will also have issues coming his way with the Club.
We are and have been in trouble for a while now but these Broncos are imploding by the day :grin::grin:
Hopefully a certain team that may or may not wear a red V could put in an offer for Coates.

blacksafake

First Grade
Let’s see here:
25 years of age, played 4 games for the donkeys this year. Mid range pca, sacked by Parra. Served 1 year in prison for a vicious pub assault, sacked by Manly. Clearly can’t handle his pi$$, has a loose cannon of a father. Yeah probably pass on this one
Only seen him a few times & this along with his off field record I hope we stay well away from him.

Gareth67

First Grade
Let’s see here:
25 years of age, played 4 games for the donkeys this year. Mid range pca, sacked by Parra. Served 1 year in prison for a vicious pub assault, sacked by Manly. Clearly can’t handle his pi$$, has a loose cannon of a father. Yeah probably pass on this one

If he has any of daddy’s demeanor , then as you have said the Dragons had best give him a very wide berth indeed .

since77

Juniors
interesting how some view AFB and declare he should never again wear the big red v yet he admitted guilt, took his punishment, sort assistance, has remained low key and as best we know is now a reformed and model family man after a turbulent youth.

His partner has stuck with him and their family has grown so it appears he has turned a real corner in his life.

Yet more than a few and even some greats who have worn the big red v and to this day are still reveared have committed horrendous deeds and never as much blinked an eye.

Indeed they are different times today but to throw a young man who has no doubt reformed on the scrap heap and not recognise his own efforts to redeem himself is IMO strange especially as there would no doubt much that goes on behind closed doors that would change opinions on how people see many others but fear stops that from happening.

Yeah sounds like poor AFB he has really changed huh ? He's not reformed. He's a thug.

Old Timer

Coach
Yeah sounds like poor AFB he has really changed huh ? He's not reformed. He's a thug.
FMD get a sense of reality.
He swore at a NRL ref over a dumb arse mistake that was made twice.

Hardly makes him a thug and if it does then every person who ever swore at a ref is a thug as that is obviously your criteria for determining such matters.

No doubt he used a very poor choice of words in his description of the ref and I am sure we would all agree that term is used wrongly and very widely in our community.

since77

Juniors
FMD get a sense of reality.
He swore at a NRL ref over a dumb arse mistake that was made twice.

Hardly makes him a thug and if it does then every person who ever swore at a ref is a thug as that is obviously your criteria for determining such matters.

No doubt he used a very poor choice of words in his description of the ref and I am sure we would all agree that term is used wrongly and very widely in our community.

He is obviously a Neanderthal who has no control over his temper. That’s how a defenceless woman was assaulted......... Seeing a pattern here?
No wonder your nickname is Old Timer, your attitude belongs in another era - an era where its ok to hit women and use a disgusting denigration of disabled people to insult a referee half his size.

Old Timer

Coach
He is obviously a Neanderthal who has no control over his temper. That’s how a defenceless woman was assaulted......... Seeing a pattern here?
No wonder your nickname is Old Timer, your attitude belongs in another era - an era where its ok to hit women and use a disgusting denigration of disabled people to insult a referee half his size.
You are kidding yourself a pattern FMD he sprayed the ref he didnt threaten him.

You like another poster in this place want to tag me with something that is incorrect.

I never ever said it was ok to hit women and I have stoutly defended women when they have been in a threatening situation so get your facts correct.

AFB admitted his guilt and went about rehabilitating himself unlike many who have played NRL and also some who had worn the Big Red V for many a year.

His actions were profoundly wrong but for all accounts thus far since then he has been a model citizen as testified by his partner who has stuck with him and had another child with him surely you would have to think she would be a fair judge as to where AFB is now?

Obviously you are another that likes to complicate matters by drawing a long bow between DV and him slagging a referee which is just ludicrous.

In the heat of the moment he gave the ref a gob full and sadly used a word which should never have been used but as I said before is sadly much used in society.

If he had of said "f#ck# you you just robbed us" or similar would that have been acceptable?

If not why have you never spoken out before about players spraying refs ala James Graham and others.

redv13

Bench
You are kidding yourself a pattern FMD he sprayed the ref he didnt threaten him.

You like another poster in this place want to tag me with something that is incorrect.

I never ever said it was ok to hit women and I have stoutly defended women when they have been in a threatening situation so get your facts correct.

AFB admitted his guilt and went about rehabilitating himself unlike many who have played NRL and also some who had worn the Big Red V for many a year.

His actions were profoundly wrong but for all accounts thus far since then he has been a model citizen as testified by his partner who has stuck with him and had another child with him surely you would have to think she would be a fair judge as to where AFB is now?

Obviously you are another that likes to complicate matters by drawing a long bow between DV and him slagging a referee which is just ludicrous.

In the heat of the moment he gave the ref a gob full and sadly used a word which should never have been used but as I said before is sadly much used in society.

If he had of said "f#ck# you you just robbed us" or similar would that have been acceptable?

If not why have you never spoken out before about players spraying refs ala James Graham and others.
Nicely put OT

BLM01

First Grade

OT..the outraged PC brigade and rugby league media cant wait to latch onto someone stepping out of line from an onfield incident that should stay be between the ref, the club + player involved and judiciary.
No ref should be sworn at or abused in any shape or form but there are NRL and internal punishments and post apoligies for all that..not external villification

RedVDave

First Grade
AFB was rightfully sacked one thing that annoys me to end though is when clubs do the right thing and other clubs reap the rewards:

-Raiders sacked Carney chooks picked him up on a great deal ... learnt nothing.
-We sacked AFB manly get him becomes a rep player ...in hot water again learnt nothing.
-Sharks sack Ben Barba goes to the UK on a rich deal signs with cowboys gets sacked again straight away ... learnt nothing.
-Broncos sack Seymour signs with sharks then gets sacked by sharks for another drinking misdemeanor ... learnt nothing.

Other clubs shouldn't benefit from a player being rightfully sacked, the NRL should implement a year ban or provide the club with some salary cap relief for doing the right thing as soon as their contract gets torn up another club swoops in gets them on the cheap and reap the benefits from another doing the right thing.

SBD82

Coach
OT..the outraged PC brigade and rugby league media cant wait to latch onto someone stepping out of line from an onfield incident that should stay be between the ref, the club + player involved and judiciary.
No ref should be sworn at or abused in any shape or form but there are NRL and internal punishments and post apoligies for all that..not external villification
I love the “PC brigade” line that gets thrown around. It’s an easy excuse for people who still want the freedom to be an arsehole, without facing any criticism.

The expression that AFB used isn’t ok. That’s not “PC gone mad” or whatever other label you care to give it. It’s just a bit of human decency to not punch down.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member

So you’ve just doubled down on your defence of a domestic violence perpetrator OT..

Whilst I admire your loyalty, your morals belong in a cesspool.

It is not okay to hit a woman.

It is definitely not okay to hit a pregnant woman.

It is not okay to demean people with disabilities by using the words AFB used to insinuate inferiority.

So much for your whole rehabilitation rant.

BTW, if you want to refer to my opinion in this matter, I’m happy for you to put my name up there in opposition to your stance.. You don’t have to refer to me as “another poster”..

I make no apologies for my stance against domestic violence.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
And whilst we’re discussing the Neanderthal that calls himself Addin, his treatment of Molan is just more bullying.

Yes, her making fun of islander names was stupid, wrong & she needed to apologise.

His response was nothing but further bullying of women.

A more mature response would have been to call her out & ask for an audience to speak with her on a broadcast to explain why it was offensive & to ask for an apology..

But as I said, that would be a mature response..

redv13

Bench
And whilst we’re discussing the Neanderthal that calls himself Addin, his treatment of Molan is just more bullying.

Yes, her making fun of islander names was stupid, wrong & she needed to apologise.

His response was nothing but further bullying of women.

A more mature response would have been to call her out & ask for an audience to speak with her on a broadcast to explain why it was offensive & to ask for an apology..

But as I said, that would be a mature response..
Bit like yourself orange man. You have plenty of form for bullying on here. You shit stir like it’s going out of fashion then rant and rave about threads being derailed. Pot kettle...

redv13

Bench
So you’ve just doubled down on your defence of a domestic violence perpetrator OT..

Whilst I admire your loyalty, your morals belong in a cesspool.

It is not okay to hit a woman.

It is definitely not okay to hit a pregnant woman.

It is not okay to demean people with disabilities by using the words AFB used to insinuate inferiority.

So much for your whole rehabilitation rant.

BTW, if you want to refer to my opinion in this matter, I’m happy for you to put my name up there in opposition to your stance.. You don’t have to refer to me as “another poster”..

I make no apologies for my stance against domestic violence.
Can you please show me where OT said it was ok to hit women?? If I’ve missed it I’ll gladly apologise and wear it....

Latest posts