What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs the Sharks

The Realist

Juniors
The scary thing about this team is that it still tunes out for periods of time, makes silly errors and gives away daft penalties, but can still shred teams. Imagine if they cut out a majority of the more egregious silly errors and penalties and manage to rid themselves of those 10-15 minute brain fades? We'd be almost unstoppable.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
As an old Forbes boy myself, I couldn't be happier for Charlie Staines. What a debut. 4 trys and having your mates at the ground, sooo good.

Long time since we have beaten the Sharks. They play that niggley type of game that often upsets us. Not today,

When was the last time the Panthers scored more than 50 points?

Nice to see us have a deep backline. Don't know if this is Barretts doing but I hope we keep it up.

WestyLife

First Grade
As an old Forbes boy myself, I couldn't be happier for Charlie Staines. What a debut. 4 trys and having your mates at the ground, sooo good.

Long time since we have beaten the Sharks. They play that niggley type of game that often upsets us. Not today,

Nice to see us have a deep backline. Don't know if this is Barretts doing but I hope we keep it up.

Round 25 last year when we whacked the Knights.

We also beat Sharks round 21 last year.

Jane Murray

Bench

Please, pardon my ignorance, where is Forbes?

One thing to keep in mind about wing play, there’s always a lot of discussion here about the meters Mansour makes. But if you’ve got pace you don’t always need to make the big hit ups, instead you can go around them. If a winger creates that space through speed, those meters are even more valuable than the hit ups. I think we saw some of that today.

Pomoz

Bench
Does anybody know any of the trainers at the club? Is Staines the fastest over 40m and 100m? He actually looks Wesser quick.

The team looks completely different with a bit of pace in it. Naden replacing Whare, changed our whole attack. Two try assists if you include the tap back because he really created the try. Then put genuine pace outside him and whoosh, we are actually entertaining. It's early days yet, but if Staines is as good as he looks, then we cannot afford to have Mansour and Too in the team. Too isn't genuinely quick (but he is quicker than Mansour and much more evasive) and Mansour is a carthorse. We are too slow with both of them in the team and our attack won't trouble the good teams. Put Too and Staines in (Mansour is his back up), with our pacy, but not super quick, centres and we have a completely different outlook in attack. We don't need Kikau to be our only option in attack and slowly bust him up.

Kilkenny

Coach
I made a post on here at half time largely expressing what I assume everyone else would have been posting silly mistakes let the Sharks back into the game.

Just logged on again now and obviously ecstatic about our win and fifty plus points.

The errors which basically gifted the Sharks three of there four tries were disappointing but yeah great win even if not perfect.

Need to eliminate the errors which gifted the Sharks but heh when you score fifty there probably isn’t a lot to complain about even if I’m sure Ivan will be a little peeved.

Does anybody know any of the trainers at the club? Is Staines the fastest over 40m and 100m? He actually looks Wesser quick.

The team looks completely different with a bit of pace in it. Naden replacing Whare, changed our whole attack. Two try assists if you include the tap back because he really created the try. Then put genuine pace outside him and whoosh, we are actually entertaining. It's early days yet, but if Staines is as good as he looks, then we cannot afford to have Mansour and Too in the team. Too isn't genuinely quick (but he is quicker than Mansour and much more evasive) and Mansour is a carthorse. We are too slow with both of them in the team and our attack won't trouble the good teams. Put Too and Staines in (Mansour is his back up), with our pacy, but not super quick, centres and we have a completely different outlook in attack. We don't need Kikau to be our only option in attack and slowly bust him up.

Agree, you don’t need two battering rams on the wings. To’o should replace Mansour when he’s fit. Dare say Staines is probably a better jumper given his history of playing fullback.

The Realist

Juniors
One thing to keep in mind about wing play, there’s always a lot of discussion here about the meters Mansour makes. But if you’ve got pace you don’t always need to make the big hit ups, instead you can go around them. If a winger creates that space through speed, those meters are even more valuable than the hit ups. I think we saw some of that today.

Wasn't it just awesome!? We haven't had a genuine speedster in our team since Jennings and on the wing even longer - probably 2008 Flash was the closest. That is the one thing I have not liked about our team for a decade now - no real speed on the wings.

I was screaming to my mate (was watching the game at his place, he is a Tigers Fan) FINALLY the Panthers have some speed! He is a big fan of speed on the wings and we chatted how it was crazy how the Tigers let Marika Koroibete go to the Storm. Then we noted how Bellamy Storm teams always seem to have at least one out and out speedster in their teams. So Glad we have one option now. It was boring me to tears to see the ball basically die on our wings due to a lack of speed.

We now have some serious speed on our flanks. Steph Chricton is a quick centre, Nadan is no slouch over medium distances, Edwards whilst not an out and out speedster is still quick and now we have Staines who is the quickest of the lot.

I think it is no surprise now that we have these guys on board we are scoring more points. We were simply missing the speed to convert those little breaks into points. Now we have it and it is Glorious!

Kilkenny

Coach

/QUOTE]

This may sound strange but I thought I read Jed Cartwright was the quickest over 40 metres in pre season. Unlikely but I’m sure I read something to that effect.

Latest posts