What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trent Barrett - Attacking Coach.

betcats

Referee
If I recall, Barrett only took players that were considered excess to requirements last time. I'm nearly sure that Gus approved a few players to go, including Api. I doubt he would be back here otherwise.

Corey Waddel was one but he was probably going to struggle to crack our side with all the forwards we had coming through.

Im sure guys like Brandy and Ivan have seen the same potential for Barrett to take our players as we have, they will have made sure we aren’t going to get bent over some how. Sacking Barrett if he signs would be the worse thing to do, he would have no reason not to go after every player of ours he wanted if we do that.

Hooked

Juniors
If I recall, Barrett only took players that were considered excess to requirements last time. I'm nearly sure that Gus approved a few players to go, including Api. I doubt he would be back here otherwise.

Garth Brennan took a few too.
Didn't work out well either.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
If Barrett goes I hope Peter Wallace dosen't come back as assistant coach.
Far too inexperienced.

From what I'm reading it will be for 2021 onwards (if it happens)

He's been warned off taking any players Penrith want.

Barrett has promised to keep Penrith in the loop.

Looks like he will stay on for the remainder of the year.

According to Dean Ritchie in daily telegraph.

(Sorry but I'm not clever enough to share the story)

Tronald Crump

Juniors
From what I'm reading it will be for 2021 onwards (if it happens)

He's been warned off taking any players Penrith want.

Barrett has promised to keep Penrith in the loop.

Looks like he will stay on for the remainder of the year.

According to Dean Ritchie in daily telegraph.

(Sorry but I'm not clever enough to share the story)

I think most of the media are just guessing at the moment.

Unless there’s a binding agreement he won’t poach (not even sure how that’d work), I’d tell him to go now. The longer he stays, the more chance he has to build relationships with players.

The dogs are a team struggling in attack, who do you think they’re going to go after?

franklin2323

Immortal
Unless there’s a binding agreement he won’t poach (not even sure how that’d work), I’d tell him to go now. The longer he stays, the more chance he has to build relationships with players.

The dogs are a team struggling in attack, who do you think they’re going to go after?

Not much on the market. Likely go to England for a ball playing fullback

Jane Murray

Bench

Matt Burton, and Chritter.

Fangs

Coach
It worked out fine with Gus in charge. But normally I'd say Barrett owes us nothing and can go after whoever he likes. That includes Burton.

The Bulldogs have massive holes in their roster. Signing Burton would be a great start. I'd be looking for more starch in the forwards as well.

franklin2323

Immortal
It worked out fine with Gus in charge. But normally I'd say Barrett owes us nothing and can go after whoever he likes. That includes Burton.

The Bulldogs have massive holes in their roster. Signing Burton would be a great start. I'd be looking for more starch in the forwards as well.

There is plenty of forwards on the market. Bromwich, Safiti etc

That doesn't solve the lack of point scoring though. So it is 3 year fix atleast

Fangs

Coach
There is plenty of forwards on the market. Bromwich, Safiti etc

That doesn't solve the lack of point scoring though. So it is 3 year fix atleast

Yes and a few at Penrith. James Tamou would be a very good choice.

Barrett has done plenty of Penrith's attack. A lot of it for me is coming from our forwards and their role in the red zone. However the Dogs spine is close to the worst in the league which is a big drawback.

Panfa

Juniors
Lets hope we can keep both burton and chrichton.However if we have to lose 1 id let chrichton go burton can play 1 3 6 13 chrichton only 1 2 or 3.Also we can cover chrichton with mcgrady staines laurie etc.