What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 11 eels v tigers discussion and team list

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He just about always runs of Dylan Brown's outside pass.
Or he gets turned back inside off Drown or he runs a decoy with Gutherson receiving the ball out the back. There isn't much outside of those three options. On the right Matterson gets a lot more early ball but that side is also less potent.

crocodile

Bench
Sivo runs the inside line whereas we try and isolate the halfback for Lane to run over. Can't be too predictable, we have the equal 2nd highest try scorer of the year on that side of the field.
That may be so but oppositions are working it out. Great earlier on before the cat got out the bag.

crocodile

Bench
Or he gets turned back inside off Drown or he runs a decoy with Gutherson receiving the ball out the back. There isn't much outside of those three options. On the right Matterson gets a lot more early ball but that side is also less potent.
Alright. Change that to almost always. He's less effective because opponents have cottoned on. Bradley needs to conjure up a few more tricks. That side is f*ckin' dangerous when it fires.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Alright. Change that to almost always. He's less effective because opponents have cottoned on. Bradley needs to conjure up a few more tricks. That side is f*ckin' dangerous when it fires.

More than half of our tries (20 out of 39) have come from left side players (Brown 3, Lane 1, Jennings 7, Sivo 9) and there are only 4 teams who have scored more tries than us this year this isn't including the times Gutho has crossed over on the LHS. I think they're doing alright.

emjaycee

Coach
Why does the edge forward need to be the one that scores? They have a role to play in creating uncertainty in the defence that might just mean the try is scored outside of them.
For Jennings first try against Manly, Nrown played the 6 role and swung the ball behind lane and out to Gutho as Lane ran a decoy outside in line to bring the 2nd defender in (Suli maybe?) and create the space out wide for Jenko. That was a trick that worked.
For his second, Taka ran an outside line as a decoy to keep Suli in and Gutho threw a pass across Taka that found Jennings and Sivo with a 2 on 1 that enabled Jennings to step the fullback and score.
Nothing wrong with these tactics.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Anyone going to this match?

I've got a ticket and intend to be there

Surprisingly on social media eels sites, so many who also got lucky with tickets are now not going , they want to give the tickets away !!! WTF !!! Why go through the process in the first place. Don't give me this cv19 concern as tickets became only available as recent as monday and yesterday through ticketek

emjaycee

Coach
Anyone going to this match?

I've got a ticket and intend to be there

Surprisingly on social media eels sites, so many who also got lucky with tickets are now not going , they want to give the tickets away !!! WTF !!! Why go through the process in the first place. Don't give me this cv19 concern as tickets became only available as recent as monday and yesterday through ticketek
I am going and the mates I am going with have all agreed we will wear N95 masks, just to be sure.