What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 vs Souths

getsmarty

Immortal
match-default-1736x350.jpg

Telstra Premiership Round 12 Dragons vs Rabbitohs
Telstra Premiership

Round 12 - Thursday 30th July 2020

Match: Dragons vs Rabbitohs
Kick off: 7:50pm
dragons-badge.svg

home Team

Dragons

11th Position

rabbitohs-badge.svg

away Team

Rabbitohs

10th Position

Venue: Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Sydney

Match broadcasters:

Ground Conditions: N/A

Weather: Unknown

Fan Information
Stats
Head-to-Head
St. George Illawarra Dragons and South Sydney Rabbitohs have played 33 games. St. George Illawarra Dragons has won 17 games. South Sydney Rabbitohs has won 16 games.

Previous Meetings

Match: Rabbitohs vs Dragons

Friday 26th July 2019

F ull T ime

home Team

Rabbitohs

Scored 20 points

away Team

Dragons

Scored 16 points

Form Guide
Dragons recent results:
Rabbitohs recent results:
Current Season
Wins this season
40% 4/10
50% 5/10

Points Scored
home St. George Illawarra Dragons

away South Sydney Rabbitohs
Points Conceded

Completion Rate
78%

75%

Tackle Efficiency
90.6%

89.5%

Average Points Scored

Average Points Conceded

Average Play The Ball
3.53s

3.58s

Key Stats
Wins at this venue
61%
53/87
29%
2/7

Wins overall
48%

273/564

41%

216/527

https://www.dragons.com.au/draw/nrl-premiership/2020/round-12-dragons-v-rabbitohs/

Dragon David

First Grade
Souths coming off a loss tonight will be hard to beat next week. Hopefully Clune is right to go. If not bring on Sailor in the halves with Hunt and bring Blacker in on the bench. Rava and Lomax hopefully will be fit to play.

We badly need some grunt in the forwards. Kerr and Vaughn to start. I purposely didn't mention Norman because he shouldn't be in the team.

getsmarty

Immortal
Souths coming off a loss tonight will be hard to beat next week. Hopefully Clune is right to go. If not bring on Sailor in the halves with Hunt and bring Blacker in on the bench. Rava and Lomax hopefully will be fit to play.

We badly need some grunt in the forwards. Kerr and Vaughn to start. I purposely didn't mention Norman because he shouldn't be in the team.

Aitken should also be dropped...

Dragon Revival

Juniors
The Dragons defence is paper thin. Other teams score at will. When will Ramsey, Tariq Sims and Williame be back? With everyone back my team would be as follows:-
Dufty
Ramsey
Williame
Lomax
Ravalawa
Sailor
Clune
Mc Innes
Frizell
Tariq Sims
Ford
Vaughan
Hunt
Kerr
Bench
Korbin Sims
Merrin
Lawrie
Fuimaono

The Dragons defence is paper thin. Other teams score at will. When will Ramsey, Tariq Sims and Williame be back? With everyone back my team would be as follows:-
Dufty
Ramsey
Williame
Lomax
Ravalawa
Sailor
Clune
Mc Innes
Frizell
Tariq Sims
Ford
Vaughan
Hunt
Kerr
Bench
Korbin Sims
Merrin
Lawrie
Fuimaono

Great team, I love it how you have managed to sneak 14 players in the starting side.
Surprised Mary hasn’t tried this tactic yet :thumbsup::thumbsup:

This Year?

Immortal
Souths will be licking their lips in anticipation.
I'm expecting the wheels to completely fall off.
my friend Dane will get a hat trick and Kung Fu Cody will be in full fake tough guy mode while Corey and Benny will just be passive.

getsmarty

Immortal
He's clearly your whipping boy.
I'd be dropping Hunt.

Not at all...He has been in the Top grade for 5 years....Still clearly makes the same mistakes...playing better at the moment, but that may have a lot to do with his contract being up..

Simple question...would you be happy to re-sign him as a centre ? Consider that we have the Feagai twins and others coming through and whether retaining Aitken blocks their transition into the Top grade. I am sure that @George Dragon could offer more insight into who we have coming through.

In Answer to your question re Hunt, I would be leaving him @ 9....the difference was noticeable to all and sundry when Clune came off...we are rudderless...Would I renew Hunt when his contract is up...NO...we have Sullivan and Wishart coming through and again Norman is more of a Problem I.M.H.O....I'd be giving Sailor a run @ 6 with Clune...or Bite the bullet and promote Sullivan.

On a separate note, Surely Blacker or Kade Ellis deserve a shot.

Last edited:

Crush

Coach
Not at all...He has been in the Top grade for 5 years....Still clearly makes the same mistakes...playing better at the moment, but that may have a lot to do with his contract being up..

Simple question...would you be happy to re-sign him as a centre ? Consider that we have the Feagai twins and others coming through and whether retaining Aitken blocks their transition into the Top grade. I am sure that @George Dragon could offer more insight into who we have coming through.

In Answer to your question re Hunt, I would be leaving him @ 9....the difference was noticeable to all and sundry when Clune came off...we are rudderless...Would I renew Hunt when his contract is up...NO...we have Sullivan and Wishart coming through and again Norman is more of a Problem I.M.H.O....I'd be giving Sailor a run @ 6 with Clune...or Bite the bullet and promote Sullivan.

On a separate note, Surely Blacker or Kade Ellis deserve a shot.
We all have our favourites. When Hunt has a bad game (which he does regularly) the "Hunt is a brilliant player!!!" crew are quiet and say nothing. Yet when Aitken has a bad game (which he does regularly) he gets destroyed and singled out (aka whipping boy).
I would say that our million dollar mis-firing marquee half-back deserves much more scrutiny than the outside back.
But hey, as I said, we all have favourites.

Crush

Coach
Souths will be licking their lips in anticipation.
I'm expecting the wheels to completely fall off.
my friend Dane will get a hat trick and Kung Fu Cody will be in full fake tough guy mode while Corey and Benny will just be passive.
Corey couldn't give a f**k and Benny is just an emotional mess. He'd likely wave a white flag and put his hand up for a spell.

getsmarty

Immortal
We all have our favourites. When Hunt has a bad game (which he does regularly) the "Hunt is a brilliant player!!!" crew are quiet and say nothing. Yet when Aitken has a bad game (which he does regularly) he gets destroyed and singled out (aka whipping boy).
I would say that our million dollar mis-firing marquee half-back deserves much more scrutiny than the outside back.
But hey, as I said, we all have favourites.

All good points...so would you re sign Aitken...given that we have the Feagai Twins and others coming through ?

P.S I have never stated that Hunt is a Brilliant player.. .please show me where I made this statement ?

Last edited:

Crush

Coach
All good points...so would you re sign Aitken...given that we have the Feagai Twins and others coming through ?

P.S I have never stated that Hunt is a Brilliant player...please don't put words into my mouth.
No way I'd re-sign Aitken even if we didn't have Feagai twins/whoever coming through!!!
That wasn't my point.
My point is why is Aitken your/the whipping boy when the dragons lose yet Hunt gets off scott free?
And I'm pretty sure last time we discussed Hunt you left it at something like this "Hunt is a fine player and the QLD selectors and Mal Meninga agree with me, have a nice day"
Or something like that.....
Anyway GETSMARTY, have a nice afternoon.

getsmarty

Immortal
No way I'd re-sign Aitken even if we didn't have Feagai twins/whoever coming through!!!
That wasn't my point.
My point is why is Aitken your/the whipping boy when the dragons lose yet Hunt gets off scott free?
And I'm pretty sure last time we discussed Hunt you left it at something like this "Hunt is a fine player and the QLD selectors and Mal Meninga agree with me, have a nice day"
Or something like that.....
Anyway GETSMARTY, have a nice afternoon.

Thank you for answering the question. He is not My Whipping Boy...Just surplus to requirements...glad you agree... I sense quite a bit of angst in your replies or am I getting this Wrong ?

I have never purposely shown any disrespect towards you .... The use of my name in capitals implies Shouting...hence the reason for asking the question.

Anyway, I will move on...I wish you no ill will and if you have misconstrued anything that I have said, then except my apologies as this was never my intention.

My prime purpose for coming on here is to congregate with fellow supporters of our team and other teams. I am not interested in getting into arguments with anyone on a personal level.

All the best to you @Crush.