What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 season

Tigerm

First Grade
Just reading Bryce Cartwright has walked out on the Titans, with a season and a half still on his contract.

Maybe the coach wanted to train a bit longer?

Surely, no one else would pick him up, so assume his footy days in NRL are over.

Shredder

Juniors
Im still relatively confident we are going to sneak in. I think we need to win a minimum of half of our run home.

It helps that most of the sides are above us and that us winning hurts them to

Bryce Cartwright is an interesting one. I think he might be done to. Hes a better than average player who has been close to origin a few times, but his hard antivaxer stance shows he isnt a team player in my opinion. Id pass. Hope he goes to the Roosters and white ants their culture.

Just reading Bryce Cartwright has walked out on the Titans, with a season and a half still on his contract.

Maybe the coach wanted to train a bit longer?

Surely, no one else would pick him up, so assume his footy days in NRL are over.

Probably done. He’s a talented player but not one who will graft for the team. He also appears to be influenced easily which distracts him. Maybe a coach will punt on him but I don’t think the juice will be worth the squeeze. England awaits.

WA Tiger

Bench
Madge can simply not miss the 8 this year.. last year yes this year no...I think he may drop more players and experiment more and do what has to be done hopefully including Brookes not being on the bench.Walters needs to settle in at 6 however it is done

Last edited:

Blackwhitegold

Juniors
2020 season is just getting started for the tigers. They will make the 8 and give the final series a shake. Hopefully they settle in a gritty defence style and aggressive attacking style of footy at full strength. I have put $1000 on tigers to win GF with a return of $67000 its worth the gamble if you have the $$$$$.

Blackwhitegold

Juniors
Full strength to play final series
1. AD
2. Nofo
3. BJ
4. Talau
5. Asu
6. Walters
7. Benji
8. Aloiai
9. Grant
10. Musgrove
11. Garner
12. Luciano
13. Twal

bench
14. Mikaele
15. Blore
16. McIntyre
17. Lawrence

depth to cover injuries
18. Brooks
19. Mbye
20. Packer
21. MCK
22. Clark
23. Jennings

what would you’re line up be in the final series?

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
Our only hope is winning these next 3 games in a row without any injuries to build momentum and combinations between players. If we can do that, there is a good chance we could beat Manly and Souths. Knowing Tigers, this will set us up for another Tigers grand final round to get us into 8th spot.

super_coach

First Grade
Madgeball comes at a cost due to the brutal physical contact the style It is based on. Firstly It produces lots of injuries, so a mountain of quality depth is required. Secondly in a era where the NRL are trying to produce a hybrid game that resembles something in between NRL football and touch football, the refs are finding it very easy to find fault in our play. Not sure if they are under instructions from above.

Anyway with our draw and taking the above into consideration, I doubt we can win enough games to make the eight, but I think Madge will get the chance to blood some young talent and next year might be the year we make a charge ...if we can sort the ref thing out

Tiger Ted

Bench
Madgeball comes at a cost due to the brutal physical contact the style It is based on. Firstly It produces lots of injuries, so a mountain of quality depth is required. Secondly in a era where the NRL are trying to produce a hybrid game that resembles something in between NRL football and touch football, the refs are finding it very easy to find fault in our play. Not sure if they are under instructions from above.

Anyway with our draw and taking the above into consideration, I doubt we can win enough games to make the eight, but I think Madge will get the chance to blood some young talent and next year might be the year we make a charge ...if we can sort the ref thing out
Madgeball will only get u so far & is unsustainable.The concern with Maguire is he doesn’t seem to have a Plan B.

Tigerm

First Grade
1595936549848-7e87c8eb-cdec-4f53-8c7f-74d0e4611167-resized.jpeg

Our new "The Man" player. Only 19, he looks a beast and he's ours thank f**k.

Tiger05

First Grade
When BJ is back why not him and Lawrence in the centres?
Defensively looks strong.

I was against this as Lawrence has been burned numerous times playing centre in the past but he is doing a good job at the moment. He also gives you a great runner of the footy.

You could then play Mbye off the bench and let him fill in where it's required for the team.

glockers

Juniors
I was against this as Lawrence has been burned numerous times playing centre in the past but he is doing a good job at the moment. He also gives you a great runner of the footy.

You could then play Mbye off the bench and let him fill in where it's required for the team.

Exactly my thoughts. Give us cover across the whole backline. We were found out on the weekend.

WA Tiger

Bench

Good point Glockers ...Mbye can cover virtually the whole backline not as a star but to just keep things ticking along if there’s an injury..He is captain tho...Madge seems to be happy with beating the bottom teams and getting beaten by fringe 8 teams and top 6 teams..He needs to be unhappy with any loss and he needs to be tweaking for the tough run home and getting all possible positional changes if required to be tried and ready to go so they are seamless when they are needed...Because they will be needed....
He only makes changes when there’s an injury or a bad loss..so these “finds” Talau Blore are getting a go way to late..who knows when the new kid will get a run. When it’s too late?
A loss this week would be a bad loss

Last edited:

Fordy20

Juniors

It makes sense, but who then who do you make captain?