What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Herbie Farnworth..

Coastbloke

Bench
So, we're all aware of big Pommy players here in Oz, but what's the consensus on Herbie Farnworth?

Only a handful of 1st grade matches (ok 12-13)

For the Poms on here, would he have factored in the Ashes at the end of the year (before the IRL caved on Origin). What about RLWC 2021?

Does anyone see any Rep future...??

Pommy

Coach
So, we're all aware of big Pommy players here in Oz, but what's the consensus on Herbie Farnworth?

Only a handful of 1st grade matches (ok 12-13)

For the Poms on here, would he have factored in the Ashes at the end of the year (before the IRL caved on Origin). What about RLWC 2021?

Does anyone see any Rep future...??

Has he committed to England? I’m not saying he’s maroons level yet but he would have to make a choice between the two.

jim_57

Staff member
Has he committed to England? I’m not saying he’s maroons level yet but he would have to make a choice between the two.

He wouldn't be eligible for Origin he moved to Australia too late, the cut-off is 12 or 13 from memory. He might be eligible for Kangaroos soon but I don't see why he wouldn't pick England, he was born and raised there and only moved to Australia a few years ago.

Coastbloke

Bench
That's a good point. In desperation to breathe life into the International forum, I didn't think to consider his Rep intentions..

He's a Wigan jnr (?) Or at least played junior RL in England, but would need a couple more years as a Australian Resident?

I think at this stage surely he would think of himself as a blue blood Pom?

Coastbloke

Bench
Also, I'm not trying to suggest that just because he is playing in the NRL he should be a shoo in..

Just asking English fans who may have seen him play as a Jnr in England think he's a possible..

jim_57

Staff member
That's a good point. In desperation to breathe life into the International forum, I didn't think to consider his Rep intentions..

He's a Wigan jnr (?) Or at least played junior RL in England, but would need a couple more years as a Australian Resident?

I think at this stage surely he would think of himself as a blue blood Pom?

Yeh I doubt he'd play for Australia on the surface of it. He moved here after school, I'm pretty sure he made the move to pursue an NRL career too, not the typical move with parents. That could be wrong but I think I remember hearing that was his story.

As for England selection he is a 98% chance to be selected for the World Cup in my opinion unless injury stops it. England are hardly flush with quality centres.

Pommy

Coach
He wouldn't be eligible for Origin he moved to Australia too late, the cut-off is 12 or 13 from memory. He might be eligible for Kangaroos soon but I don't see why he wouldn't pick England, he was born and raised there and only moved to Australia a few years ago.

Interesting I thought it was if you moved as a child full stop. Then yeah I would expect he will play for England then.

deluded pom?

Coach
Also, I'm not trying to suggest that just because he is playing in the NRL he should be a shoo in..

Just asking English fans who may have seen him play as a Jnr in England think he's a possible..
I doubt many English fans, if any, on here saw him play as a junior.

Pommy

Coach
Was he not quite late to league? Wasn’t he a in the Man U academy from a young age?

Latest posts