What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 12 vs Warriors @ Sydney Cricket Ground

Who will win? Round 12: Wests Tigers v Warriors

• Warriors 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

philgood

Juniors
That’s all old shit, talk about the today, not yesterday.
We would be one of the few clubs that is actually financially strong. And working towards a a strong future.
My point was if you think the place is shit, then follow someone else.

That is all pointless if the club is still losing games to weak, bottom of the table teams who are missing half their side.

Vozzy

Juniors
So far when we have had a performance like this Madge has made an example of a senior player and we have won the next game so his ideas and methods and knowledge of what the problems have been over the last 6-8 years is they are only switched on every 3 games it seems I think he is doing his best to change the problem you can't say he ain't trying. Other coaches were just sticking with the same 17 and nothing was changing. This year we are seeing a different 17 most weeks and the players who have looked good are the ones who have played less than 10 games which shows some players who have been at it for a long time need a tap on the shoulder because they have been a part of it for the last 6-8 years and it seems to rub off on the team as a whole.

I can't believe they went into that game after also being 8-0 up and thought they don't have to tackle with any aggression this is the NRL just because they got flogged by the storm doesn't make them easy for us this is what I'm sick of. It's like the team thinks they are as good as the storm before they kick off against teams like the Titans and warriors. Even last week the storm had to work hard before they scored all the points against the Broncos.

Choiboi

Juniors
You can't reason with the unreasonable.

The club is fine. You don't hear a whisper from any board fighting like the dogs and the coach is making young signings

The team didn't turn up to play last night. There was no intensity or urgency. Nothing like the Parramatta effort the week before.

We weren't rushing up in defence, not getting up in their faces, not getting repeat sets etc.

The warriors might not have had the cattle last night but they came to play.

100% need to knock off at least one of the top 4 on our run home. If we lose to Newcastle, Manly or Souths that’s curtains on our season.

surely we won’t get rolled by the dogs. 5-3 will get us to 10-10 for the season with a decent f/a should see is sneak in.

Looking nailed on for 9th again. But don’t worry. We can just wheel our 3-4 of the 2005 squad at our luncheons during the finals and all will be forgiven. That said we’ve probably gone through the entire 17 so we may be down to Matthew Rieck and Dean Collis.

Phil Gould

Juniors
The Tigers got stuck on their own line because the Warriors showed more enthusiasm. They rushed up in defense, continually buoyed by Hiku's terrorizing. Hiku ran amok ,Joey would have loved to have clashed heads with him and that may have changed the whole dynamics of the game.

In attack, the Tiger got stuck in that rut of throwing one man into three and expecting to go forwards. The Warriors never stopped rushing and as well as stopping movement up the middle also cut off a couple of attempts of moving the ball out wide. The Tigers attack in the second half was completely one dimensional, until it was too late, and the Warriors stayed motivated enough to weather the storm.

I don't think drastic team changes are needed, a little more mongrel and creativity will do.

Last edited:

Phil Gould

Juniors
One word sums up our effort last night plodder

They were slow, they ran with little effort and it was one out and kick on the 5th. You can’t sugar coat anything, they were terrible.
Yeah you're right, more was needed than just creativity and mongrel but a lot of roster changes aren't needed. Unless that's what is required to get some fire in their bellies.

stryker

First Grade
That’s changing, the club now is well financed and upgrading facilities, we signed a top grade coach (not sure about that now) a new recruitment manager, what do you want. None of that should interfere with the footy team. I do agree that there is a problem with attracting top level players, but clubs worse than than ours are doing it, so for me the answer is we have to pay overs to bring the right ones here.
You are missing the point. If you have to pay overs to attract talent then by definition you are a shit club. Not rocket science.

stryker

First Grade
That’s all old shit, talk about the today, not yesterday.
We would be one of the few clubs that is actually financially strong. And working towards a a strong future.
My point was if you think the place is shit, then follow someone else.
Lol you sound very young. Passionate supporters criticise when required. If you just suck the clubs cock constantly nothing changes. Btw it is not old shit. This club is still rock bottom in a lot of areas.

Tigerm

First Grade
You are missing the point. If you have to pay overs to attract talent then by definition you are a shit club. Not rocket science.
We’ve been trying to develop players for years with not much success my point is we need to get some success and others will follow
Roosters & Storm have no juniors to speak of, they buy there talent with people like Politis, we need to do the same, we have the money as well.
You are right it’s not rocket science

I might add, that we, like all clubs are under he guidance of highly paid coaches to get us the right players.

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
We’ve been trying to develop players for years with not much success my point is we need to get some success and others will follow
Roosters & Storm have no juniors to speak of, they buy there talent with people like Politis, we need to do the same, we have the money as well.
You are right it’s not rocket science
Roosters and Storm and the like have superior systems, processes and culture. Players go to them on reduced contracts just to be a part of the show. That will not happen here for decades. We are seen as a weak club, the battlers, who love to chuck the footy around when the going is good but shirk the rough stuff. We have no on field leadership. We have no administrative leadership. We have no home. We do identify and develop talent but we can’t manage it. We don’t take the raw talent and develop a champion. They go to the Roosters and Storm and the like for that.

Tigerm

First Grade
Lol you sound very young. Passionate supporters criticise when required. If you just suck the clubs c**k constantly nothing changes. Btw it is not old shit. This club is still rock bottom in a lot of areas.
I've been following the Tigers for 60 years, passionate yes, constantly tearing down the club offers nothing. The club is changing imo for the better, it cant be done overnight. And what you are saying, is "old shit" was what was happening. I see it changing now. It you think it isn't then I guess we have different opinions.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Roosters and Storm and the like have superior systems, processes and culture. Players go to them on reduced contracts just to be a part of the show. That will not happen here for decades. We are seen as a weak club, the battlers, who love to chuck the footy around when the going is good but shirk the rough stuff. We have no on field leadership. We have no administrative leadership. We have no home. We do identify and develop talent but we can’t manage it. We don’t take the raw talent and develop a champion. They go to the Roosters and Storm and the like for that.
The Roosters have always brought there teams. Storm were blessed/lucky the got Lazarus, Smith, Slater and Cronk at the start. I am sure they paid overs to attract them to Melbourne.
I think the rest of what you state, use to be, we are now trying to rectify this. As for no home, we are a JV where would you suggest we stay at. Saints/Ill are in the same boat, that shouldn't effect player performance.

Fordy20

Juniors
Fordy20, I agree with your post #101, it’s the forwards.
My post re changes to backline was purely based on suggestion that the Easts recruit comes in, can’t see how based on how Talau has come on and the fact that Madge has stuck by Mybe (I wonder if the donkeys would want him for his ‘experience’).

Packer for Clarke,
Eisenhuth to 13,
Twal to replace Aloiai (Aloiai to grow his hair again, his form went south once he cut it:rolling_eyes:)
Lawrence for Garner (shit house tackle attempt on Hiku for his 1st try).
Mikaele not in 17.

Madge has to revisit the Doueihi selection at fullback. With ball in hand he always seems to beat the 1st defender, it’s just a step or swerve but seems to be able to do it each time.
Is he a 6? I hope not now because they don’t need another change at 6 or perhaps they do.

I was pretty frustrated after that loss. Maybe AD can drop back and take kick returns and then move into centres in attack so Mbye can follow the ball through the middle since AD refuses to do it. Now that the season is over, it's probably time for some experiments

stryker

First Grade
I've been following the Tigers for 60 years, passionate yes, constantly tearing down the club offers nothing. The club is changing imo for the better, it cant be done overnight. And what you are saying, is "old shit". It you think it isn't then I guess we have different opinions.
How is it changing for the better?
Talent still walks as soon as they can
Some break contracts with no repercussion
We only attract players on the way down career wise and pay them retirement funds to do so.
We still melt under pressure
We don’t look as physical as a lot of the opposition often appearing as boys playing men so I question our facilities
We are a steppingstone club as Grant will prove soon.
I could go on but what’s the point? They proved last night that little has changed from last year, and the years preceding it.

stryker

First Grade
Smith, Slater and Cronk at the start. I am sure they paid overs to attract them to Melbourne.
They brought them all down from QLD as kids and developed them. You can’t be lucky for decades in a row, that’s a cop out. These clubs Just do it better in every possible way. Btw Roosters develop a lot of talent. They supplement their roster with marque signings. We buy Adam Douehi...

macnaz

Staff member
They brought them all down from QLD as kids and developed them. You can’t be lucky for decades in a row, that’s a cop out. These clubs Just do it better in every possible way. Btw Roosters develop a lot of talent. They supplement their roster with marque signings. We buy Adam Douehi...
Ok.... what marque signing could have we purchased for this 2020 season ?
And its fine to say Rosters develop a lot of talent .... but how do they miraculously keep them within the cap when they become stars ? Your very naive if you believe modern kids are going to forfeit thousands of dollars going elsewhere just to stay there because they love the place. They are arent losing money ... its just hidden.
Anyway i will agree that when like most clubs we spend overs on players we have to be a hell of a lot wiser .. AD for example is average as f**k .

Latest posts