What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd12: Parra v Bulldogs GAME DAY thread (2/8/20)

eels_fan

First Grade
You cant help but be happy with the improvement over the past 5 years where fans are bagging the club for not winning by enough points or “pretty enough”.

5-6 years ago we’d have sold a kidney to be competitive for more than a handful of games a year

Last edited:
Annesley has thrown ref under bus again for the Montoya no try. Am I the only one who sees Meaney(?) catch it on the inside of RFM? Which means regardless of Moses decision, it’s a penalty?
well I'd like to know how Moses made a defensive decision according to commentators
He had a guy 20kgs heaver than him run straight at him, of course he's gonna put his shoulder in it and he had about 1m to decide what to do. Moses didn't deviate
Correct decision by the ref, about f**kin time
Same thing happened to Dylan last week when Nofo scored, lead runner took him out but he couldn't have saved the try

emjaycee

Coach
Sledging? Merely pointing out we still have a soft underbelly, and the issue hasn’t been addressed in years. Yes the team is going good to date, but there’s always room for improvement. If you’re sick of seeing these posts, you have the ignore feature just like everyone else.
Nah, I don't use the ignore feature because I actually like to read a balanced perspective and the people I would ignore sometimes provide that. I just get sick of the constant throw away comparisons between us and the "top teams" when we are at least as well placed as where these top teams were at the same point of the season they were when they won comps.

hindy111

Post Whore
Sivo can play very lazy as can Blake. Come finals they will fire up.
There was a great chance of kick return for Guth to pass to Sivo and he was one on one and full speed. It is something we aren't doing this season.
Like I mentioned previous. GJ copped it but he is good for 150mtrs every game. Sivo made a few silly errors of late. Some of the bombs he goes for when 20mtrs out and gives away 6 again. No need.

Blake needs to also get more involved. Another lazy player.

hindy111

Post Whore
Nah, I don't use the ignore feature because I actually like to read a balanced perspective and the people I would ignore sometimes provide that. I just get sick of the constant throw away comparisons between us and the "top teams" when we are at least as well placed as where these top teams were at the same point of the season they were when they won comps.

You don't want to have to play at 100% to win. You will burn out.
We are playing bad and winning. That is a good sign. I just hope we put it together at end of season.

IFR33K

Coach
Well, I mean, we do have quite a few players in key positions (hooker, edge forward, 5/8, wing) who haven't played more than 100 games each...but I do see what you're saying.

And I appreciate what you’re saying. But the team now has enough experience and hard nosed players to deliver the goods. This is our window for a Comp.

hindy111

Post Whore
I reckon to many on here pick a player and rubbish them no matter how they play.
GJ is a better defender then Sivo. He just isn't as strong a runner. He is however more energetic and puts in every game. Sivo I noticed at times will take a soft hit up. Against Dogs he charged hard once compared to Fergo who ran as hard as he could every hit up.
Blake needs to do same and stop his stupid little skip and hop and dance while holding ball a meter infront of him. Just run straight and hard as fast as can to push the line back when taking a hit up from own half.

Noise

Coach
He made one poor error against Manly on a slippery night. I thought overall he outplayed Sivo that game.
His first game for the Warriors on the weekend included 2 errors, 6 tackles, 2 missed and 1 ineffectve plus that dumb decision to come in off his wing on the final play of the game. That is a regular game for George and why he is a career reserve grader who fills in (poorly) for first grade.

hindy111

Post Whore
His first game for the Warriors on the weekend included 2 errors, 6 tackles, 2 missed and 1 ineffectve plus that dumb decision to come in off his wing on the final play of the game. That is a regular game for George and why he is a career reserve grader who fills in (poorly) for first grade.

To be fair he hasn't played a game for 12mths untill rnd 10 and went into a side he trained with for a week. You don't think his timing would be off?
He isn't a star but I reckon a solid player.

Noise

Coach
To be fair he hasn't played a game for 12mths untill rnd 10 and went into a side he trained with for a week. You don't think his timing would be off?
He isn't a star but I reckon a solid player.
It's his normal game. The guy is a walking mistake. In 2019 when he played for us he made 3 errors each game.

Round 10 vs Cowboys: 3 errors
Round 11 vs Panthers: 3 errors
https://mc.championdata.com/nrl/

He has dicks for hands

Gazzamatta

Coach
I reckon our day of reckoning will be our home game Vrs The Storm. On current form it would take a huge turn around to go with them. The Storm have always bullied us. Other than C. Smith I believe player for player our roster is as good or better. That game will either give us confidence moving forward or the opposite.
Ffs just get it done.
Watching Fox this evening the talk is C Smith to be out for 2 weeks which has him returning for The Eels game. Added to that they are confident Smith will announce his playing future before he returns with retirement being the most likely.
So. The scenario is Smith announces 2020 is his last year and he returns V our Eels to push for his opportunity to retire a premership winner. Massive media, massive hype and massive opportunity.
Going with The Storm in this game just got even more difficult. A HUGE test. We will certainly know our chances when the Full Time whistle is blown.
Bring it boys.

Latest posts