What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 vs Roosters

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Roosters had nine out and they still thrash us with only Williame and Vaughan out. Our defence is paper thin and our players lack the basic skills. The winning ratio is 31%,
2% up on last year despite 4 useless coaches and mistake ridden players.
Tariq Sims-dropped pass
Dufty-Letting balls bounce
Fuimaono-dropped pass
Aitken-not passing to unmarked winger
Sailor-kicking too much
Ford-tripping
Woeful defence
At least 7 ways to lose a game by 8 points.

TruSaint

Referee
I’m a fan of his, I’m not one of those knobheads that death rides players to say I told you so anyway. I hope they all go really well Aitken included. But while we all admitted last week Lomax had his worst game of the season, we have to be honest that Dufty had his worst tonight in what was a very winnable game. He and Lomax have won us most of our games this year. Tonight he probably lost us one. It’s going to happen, but I wanted this one badly.

Fair enough mate. It was far from his best game.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
By the way,
Gutted we lost, but we didn't miss Norman. Hope he was watching "home alone" with Vaughan.
Sailor was not as bad as people say. It’s pretty much his first NRL game basically starting as a 6. Against the Rorters defence and Keary running at him all night, tough ask. I love players that try, defence will improve, game awareness will improve but at least he tries to take the bull by the horns and has a real go. His kicks were also very threatening I feel. Tedesco was up to it tonight but a lot of players won’t be. They were some nice high swirling kicks. Start him next week and persist. Our season is over, development is all we can get out of this season.

Dragon David

First Grade
Far to much ball to Sailor instead of Clune.
CC
What our coaches should closely look at is the way the Roosters have got Keary to be on both sides of the field when in attack. Look and learn.

Keary is way above most 5/8ths in this comp at the moment and in the previous two year. He just has natural ability and when you have this you are in total control.

He will not be leaving the Roosters. His father-in-law will not allow it.

Old Timer

Coach
Geez you bag him every chance you get !
And deservedly so.

If as reported he is running the show then appointing him will mean even more punishment as we are still shit other than for a few individual moments.

For mine far too many in here are seeing things that aren’t there and attributing them to Flanno

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Some take-aways from tonight.

- Ellis looks a prospect and I would persevere with him. He was definitely short of a gallop. Has to watch his "high" tackle style.
- Sailor has a lot of enthusiasm and like Clune when he started he was a bit over the shop. Start him next week to build his confidence.
- Friz was running outside lines tonight, which made him more dangerous
- Kerr continues to improve
- Fuimaono, had high expectations for him but has been disappointing.
- Aitken couldn't pass the salt at a dinner table
- Lomax is becoming a real threat in attack, but defensively needs work in not rushing out of the line.
- McInnes is a soldier and we would have lost that by a cricket score without his defense.
- Dufty, whilst a weapon in attack continues to be an issue in defense.
- T. Sims is cooked

I said during the week that I wondered if the team was 'tanking'. It certainly seems like it to me, not everyone, but definitely a few.

Dragon David

First Grade
Some take-aways from tonight.

- Ellis looks a prospect and I would persevere with him. He was definitely short of a gallop. Has to watch his "high" tackle style.
- Sailor has a lot of enthusiasm and like Clune when he started he was a bit over the shop. Start him next week to build his confidence.
- Friz was running outside lines tonight, which made him more dangerous
- Kerr continues to improve
- Fuimaono, had high expectations for him but has been disappointing.
- Aitken couldn't pass the salt at a dinner table
- Lomax is becoming a real threat in attack, but defensively needs work in not rushing out of the line.
- McInnes is a soldier and we would have lost that by a cricket score without his defense.
- Dufty, whilst a weapon in attack continues to be an issue in defense.
- T. Sims is cooked

I said during the week that I wondered if the team was 'tanking'. It certainly seems like it to me, not everyone, but definitely a few.
Our defence is missing one important player who has not been on the field for nearly two years. We miss him badly.

since77

Juniors
"Wittenberg, post: 14261046, member: 45246"]Aitken bombed two tries tonight when we had two on one but failed to pass. Both happened in the last 15 minutes. Thank god for Lomax.

In the press conference McGregor was asked to comment on how well Lomax is playing this year. McGregor looked bored and went out of his way to talk about how no one is saying nice things about Aitken

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
And deservedly so.

If as reported he is running the show then appointing him will mean even more punishment as we are still shit other than for a few individual moments.

For mine far too many in here are seeing things that aren’t there and attributing them to Flanno
I do agree with you there. It’s a bit delusion. Anything good happens and it’s Flanno, everything bad is Mary. It’s a bit Silly to me. He was running our defence at the start of the year and it was rubbish, now he’s running our attack and it is better but it’s far from brilliant. Thing is he’s already on our staff and we are rubbish so I doubt the simple act of removing Mary will suddenly win us a GF. We need to blow it all up. Wane is the one we want.

Dragon David

First Grade
Merrin has been absolutely porridge for a number of years now. Terrible signing from Millmerkin.
Unfortunately, a lot of our signings is just to make up the numbers and there has been no regard for quality. I am doubting if Millward and Co. know what quality is.

It all comes back to who would want to be a Dragon player when we are not going anywhere? The losers do that's who!

redv13

Bench
"Wittenberg, post: 14261046, member: 45246"]Aitken bombed two tries tonight when we had two on one but failed to pass. Both happened in the last 15 minutes. Thank god for Lomax.

In the press conference McGregor was asked to comment on how well Lomax is playing this year. McGregor looked bored and went out of his way to talk about how no one is saying nice things about Aitken
Lol saw that too, he’s such a wanker. Like father like son. “ but Euan’s doing well on the other side “ boo hoo ya farkwit!!!

Inisai Toga

Juniors
What our coaches should closely look at is the way the Roosters have got Keary to be on both sides of the field when in attack. Look and learn.

Keary is way above most 5/8ths in this comp at the moment and in the previous two year. He just has natural ability and when you have this you are in total control.

He will not be leaving the Roosters. His father-in-law will not allow it.
and to think Crowe and Maguire kept him in reserve grade 3 years ago when their attack was so predictable..unbelievable ..

Last edited:

redv13

Bench
How bloody sad are we as a club?? How far have we dropped?? We played basically full strength against a chooks team minus 8-9 of the their usual 17 and we still couldn’t close out the game. So bloody sad. We’re are so far down it’s beyond a joke. We’re as useless as the Newcastle team from a few years ago that won fu ck all games ( 3-4 ) over the whole season.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
He was already there mate! One of the reasons Souths won the Comp the year before. I think he ‘had words‘ at their off-season camp and he paid the penalty. Crazy! That’s when we were trying to sign him....if only ...
Yeah I always rated him, I’m saying they should have kept him. He’s in career best form now. Also saying we aren’t getting anyone like him, so we better learn to develop some. Sullivan is our best bet. Let’s not stuff this up.

rasaint

Juniors
- I thought Dufty and Lomax both had ‘rocks n diamonds’ game. Lomax scored a good strong try, Chased hard for the other, great tackle to stop a try from close range and competed for high balls. Dropped ball 1 st up and easily stepped by Aubusson. Dufty scored a neat try late, caught most high balls in gutsy fashion, chimed in and looked dangerous on occasion, but tried to hard attempting to create something and looked a mix up with Euan Aiken for the no high ball catch try.
- Euan Aiken also ran hard, made good ground, competed well against Manu and made a fabulous diving leg cutter tackle to stop Teddy certain try in 1st half. Again gets nospam29 and should have passed to Jordan P in that second half sweep.
- Jackson Ford tackle was a clumsy vain attempt to twist Luke K and drop him quickly to stop the try. Please notice he grabbed Keary shoulder 1 st and then tried to pull him over his leg but lost his grip. That’s why it looked so ordinary.
- Tariq seemed to be injured by copybook crusher tackle.
- Tip my lid to Adam Clune for getting straight up after that clumsy high tackle in the 1st half. Had he stayed down a Jake Friend send off on the cards.
- Our forwards just don’t have power and ability to give backs extra room.
- TV commentary death finding us from get go. What has Phil Gould got against us. Hyper ventilating for Jackson send off why it was a clumsy attempt to stop try with a pull over drop ( Cam Smith style) Hardly any mention of Jake Friend‘S near decapitation of Clune. Look at Jakes reaction he was almost begging forgiveness, he thought he would be marched.Clune sportsmanship.
- Good on Roosters for winning and Luke K absolute talent

thebigredv

First Grade
How bloody sad are we as a club?? How far have we dropped?? We played basically full strength against a chooks team minus 8-9 of the their usual 17 and we still couldn’t close out the game. So bloody sad. We’re are so far down it’s beyond a joke. We’re as useless as the Newcastle team from a few years ago that won fu ck all games ( 3-4 ) over the whole season.

Pitifully sad. The fact is a 'W' would have been the less desirable outcome in reality. The new competition for us is how quickly can we bring in a new coach and build for a new culture. I.e how soon can McGregor go.

A win tonight and McGregor would have been telling the world we beat the reigning premiers. At least now there's one less place to hide.

I said it last week the Paul Green was gone after the Roosters game. He was a decent enough to know he'd run his course there. Our coach was clearly there about 5 years ago.

Over to you Dragons board... Crickets...

Latest posts