What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam Elliott

boardlumps62

Juniors
Very much in the same mould as some fellow Dogs players.

Adam Elliott
Personal information
Born
16 October 1994 (age 25)
Bega, New South Wales, Australia
Height 185 cm (6 ft 1 in)
Weight 103 kg (16 st 3 lb)

Personal information
Aiden Tollman
Born
10 November 1988 (age 31)
Kempsey, New South Wales, Australia
Height 183 cm (6 ft 0 in)
Weight 102 kg (16 st 1 lb)

Personal information
Full name
James Graham[1]
Born 10 September 1985 (age 34)
Maghull, Merseyside, England
Height 6 ft 2 in (188 cm)
Weight 17 st 0 lb (108 kg)[2]
Playing inform
Not as big as Graham but would have a bit more thrust with youth on his side.

Old Timer

Coach
Not as big as Graham but would have a bit more thrust with youth on his side.
Oompa Loompa for mine.
The game is developing quickly and the day of the big fast 2nd rower who is really an impact player is now upon us.

How I’d love to have a Dick Huddart, Graham Wynn, Scott Gourley type player right now.

Tradesmanlike just ain’t going to cut it in the medium to long term and that is how we should be thinking rather than another patch up job on the old Tiger Moth whilst being attacked by Stealth Fighters

boardlumps62

Juniors
When I watched him play didn't look that busted to me. I watched the Dogs there was Elliot and Jackson worthy of note. They beat us he is playing better than Friz IMO. Meanwhile let's find that next rangy forward with ball skills like Gourley and toughness like Wynn. We seem to be looking at the nuggets (can Saab play in the forwards lol).

RedVDragon

Juniors
Our recruitment team lead by Baz Dillward doesn’t even have the capability nor credibility to sign the late Dallas Donnelly.

getsmarty

Immortal
Shock frontrunner to sign wantaway Bulldogs back-rower Adam Elliott
NRL Premiership
  • August 7, 2020 5:01pm
  • by Fox League staff
  • Source: FOX SPORTS
c59c2b51687a00b65aefd9dc7e0e6936

Adam Elliott is being chased by the Warriors.Source: Getty Images
The Warriors have emerged as the favourite to secure the services of Canterbury Bulldogs lock Adam Elliott, who has been in talks with a number of clubs about a switch next season.

The 25-year-old back-rower turned down an offer from the Bulldogs to test his value on the open market and Brent Read revealed the Warriors are now the frontrunner for his signature.

“Adam Elliott has been on the radar of a few clubs in recent weeks,” Read said on Triple M.

782030_640x360_large_20200806225659.jpg

'It's very disappointing'

“Canterbury made him an offer, but he decided to look around the market. The Dragons were interested. Canberra were interested before they signed Corey Harawira-Naera.

“And the Warriors are right in for Adam Elliott. In fact they had more talks with him this week as I understand it.

“At the moment I think the Warriors are the frontrunners to nab him. They have had a lash at a few blokes. They went after Matt Lodge, David Fifita and Tino Fa’asuamaleaui.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...g/news-story/b1da09cf0940c4331e733b0b9705fd4e

Gareth67

First Grade
For pity bluudy sake would someone give me a name such as a Weyman , Smith , Costigan or even Dicky Huddart . I am sick to death of the Dragons “ we were in the hunt “ and getting absolutely bluudy nowhere because of our imbecile of a coach and totally useless , archaic board of directors .

Minor rant over ! :mad:

Gareth67

First Grade
JACK HETHRINGTON - JACK HETHRINGTON - JACK HETHRINGTON ! ! !

As so many other members have said sign this bloke to add some respectability and real starch to our forward pack . What a tremendous hit on Manly’s Faunua Blake - get the Cheque book out Bruce baby and pay what the man wants .

Last edited:

possm

Coach
For pity bluudy sake would someone give me a name such as a Weyman , Smith , Costigan or even Dicky Huddart . I am sick to death of the Dragons “ we were in the hunt “ and getting absolutely bluudy nowhere because of our imbecile of a coach and totally useless , archaic board of directors .

Millward has absolutely no idea!

Who is our replacement for James Graham 600k?
Who is our replacement for Tyson Frizell 600k?
Who is our replacement for Jack De Belin 600k?
Who will be our replacement for Paul Vaughan 600l?

That is 2.4m to recruit SOO standard forwards.

Plus savings from off-loading out high priced deadwood: Aitken 350k, Lafai 450k, Norman 800k, Hunt 900k, K Sims 300k, Merrin 400k, Host 200k, Saab 150k and a few of the reserve graders who do not have potential to be first-graders. Approximately 3.5m

I say for 2021 it should be:
1. A Johnston from Souths 750k
2. Ramsey 250k
3. Lomax 400k
4. Feagai 250k
5. Ravalawa 250k
6. Dufty 500k
7. Clune 500k
8. New Prop 600k or De Belin
9. Hunt 900k or McInnes 500k
10. New Prop 600k
11. T Sims 450k
12. New edge forward 600k
13. New lock or McInnes 500k

14. Kerr 300k
15. Blacker 250k
16. Ford 300k
17. New edge forward 400k

Reserve grade
1. Schiller
2. Pereira
3. Junior
4. Williame
5. Feagai
6. Sailor
7. Sullivan
8. Ellis
9. New hooker
10. Lawrie
11. Junior
12. Junior
13. Lomax

14. Junior
15. Junior
16. Junior
17. Junior

Inisai Toga

Juniors

Hear your frustration Gareth67. Three of those you mention were really due to Wayne’s Bennett’ and we’d had 8 premierships in a row in the cabinet to entice Dick Huddart from the old dart. Not sure McGregor provides the same pulling power and career opportunities to snag such recruits.
In saying that, I still feel we could grow with what’s coming through if we buy some tough leadership types to boost the pack. Scott and Weyman weren’t really going anywhere until they got transformed as players.......; i'd love to get a Jeremy Smith type, tough, ruthless and intelligent and start build a pack around someone with those attributes..

Last edited:

BBTB

Juniors
JACK HETHRINGTON - JACK HETHRINGTON - JACK HETHRIMGTON ! ! !

As so many other members have said sign this bloke to add some respectability and real starch to our forward pack . What a tremendous hit on Manly’s Faunua Blake - get the Cheque book out Bruce baby and pay what the man wants .
It ain't Bruce, it's That idiot Son, Andrew Gordon... The f**kwit
That signs McGregor, for two years. But I do believe Heatherington
Would be ideal. Add a real Prop to the pack.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Get some forwards with mongrel (Hetherington, Horsburgh), backs with speed (Johnston) and halves with a bit of creativity (Burton, Cust).

Add a coach with some authority and knowledge of the game (Wane) and there's half a chance we'd be moving in the right direction.
I’m not sure Hetherington is on the market but he’s exactly what we need. A real firebrand.

Latest posts