What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 vs Eels

Dragon David

First Grade
This right here is the tragic reality of a modern day SGI supporter. This truly makes me sad
My stress levels have come way down during our recent games compared to a few years ago. Getting used to our poor performances so just keeping it cool.

Our forwards stocks are dwindling (Vaughan, T Sims out). The Eels will be hitting us very hard down the middle and the outside backs with Moses, Gutherson, Sivo leading the way. Very tough night at the office so because I'm expecting a big loss, that expectation will keep me level headed and NOT YELL AT THE TV.

getsmarty

Immortal
tariq_rc1_7891.jpg

INJURIES

Dragons back-rowers face time on sideline
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Fri 7 Aug 2020, 11:41 AM

St George Illawarra back-rowers Tariq Sims and Jackson Ford are facing time on the sidelines following the Dragons' Round 13 loss to the Sydney Roosters.

Sims suffered an AC joint (shoulder) injury during the second half of the Dragons' eight-point loss to the Tricolours.

Sims will have follow up scans to determine the severity of the injury.

A follow up on Sims's condition will be detailed in due course via the Dragons' Westfund high performance update.

Ford meanwhile was cited by NRL match review committee with a grade three tripping charge.

The Gerringong junior will miss two weeks with an early guilty plea; the Dragons have until 12pm Saturday to determine its plea.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/08/07/dragons-back-rowers-face-time-on-sideline/

slippery5

Juniors
I have bagged our backs for a long time but , gee our forwards are piss weak , except for McInnes Fritz , the rest can all go ... What a waste of 7 years its going to take a long time to rebuild ......
I'm starting to ask myself, when was the last time I saw Friz make a break through a tackle bust or unload while attracting multiple defenders, does he have a side step? The guys runs hard straight into defence but other teams are aware of his one dimensional attack & quickly aim in on him.

slippery5

Juniors
I think you may be right but Lomax is playing busted
So unsure how long he will last
Also Merrin has been shocking of late.
I'm n
At this point, there's no point predicting team lists. We've seen time and again, that NOTHING CHANGES.
Problem is Mc Noidea thinks we can make the 8. if win every game here on. We just have to play our best players on paper. ( or highest paid )!!!!!!!

blacksafake

First Grade
St George Illawarra's Jackson Ford facing three week suspension for tripping
https%3A%2F%2Fimageresizer.static9.net.au%2FoGsi4rFnxv-uWS9Y2_r-LctsabY%3D%2F75x75%2Fsmart%2Fhttps%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F90bc8d92-514f-4d3e-9490-46c6cdf8f196
By Brett Graham
5 hours ago
St George Illawarra back-rower Jackson Ford could be out for three weeks after being charged with tripping by the NRL's match review committee.

Ford will be sidelined for two games if he takes the early guilty plea, or three matches if he fights the charge and loses at the judiciary, after being hit with a Grade 3 tripping charge.

The incident happened in the 76th minute of the Roosters' 24-14 win over the Dragons.

Roosters star Luke Keary came crashing down on his head as he crossed for a try after Ford came in with a soccer-like slide tackle that Nine's Andrew Johns labelled "dangerous."

"Well that's nearly the send-off offence," Nine's Phil Gould said in commentary.

"In the old days that's a send-off.

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2Fcf39b0c5-bcb1-42be-9cd5-cbdd62980423

Jackson Ford has found himself in hot water for a 'dangerous' trip on Luke Keary. (Nine) (Nine)
"You can't do that. There are ones where you get wrong-footed and you stick a foot out but this is one where he's actually can't get there with his hands and he's kicked out with his legs.

"It's a send-off. That should have been a send-off."

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/jackso...udiciary/85aab447-5a6a-435c-8ad2-bfa3966356fc
Let me start by saying I have no issues with his suspension. However I do have an issue with the consistency. For the last 10 years it’s been a fine but now it’s a suspension :thinking:.
Probably because Gould carried on about it constantly saying it should be a send off. Just like the passing into a player lying in the ruck & touching the ref, it’s as if they make an example out of us. Apparently Fifita patted the ref last night so if he did let’s see what comes of it.
They say the poor sides/clubs cop it so we should be used to it.

SAP58

Juniors
Let me start by saying I have no issues with his suspension. However I do have an issue with the consistency. For the last 10 years it’s been a fine but now it’s a suspension :thinking:.
Probably because Gould carried on about it constantly saying it should be a send off. Just like the passing into a player lying in the ruck & touching the ref, it’s as if they make an example out of us. Apparently Fifita patted the ref last night so if he did let’s see what comes of it.
They say the poor sides/clubs cop it so we should be used to it.
I agree totally, there are definitely one rule for some sides (and players) and another for the "other sides". I did see the tap on the head and both Fifita and the ref were having a good old laugh about him nearly cleaning up the ref. BUT when I played no matter what - touching the ref whether in jest or not was a BIG no no however there will be nothing done about it just as there was nothing done about the high tackle on Clune because they wont upset the Roosters and especially not Politis. On Gould, that is why I watch Fox and will not watch 9 although it means I have to put up with Anasta and his stupid comments, especially the ones that demonstrate he has no idea about the rules of the game.

possm

Coach
I'm starting to ask myself, when was the last time I saw Friz make a break through a tackle bust or unload while attracting multiple defenders, does he have a side step? The guys runs hard straight into defence but other teams are aware of his one dimensional attack & quickly aim in on him.
Our season is over, let him go to Newcastle and they can pay him for the rest of the season.

Dragon David

First Grade
We cop it most of the time, left, right and centre.
First to be penalised for playing the ball into a player lying in the ruck;
First to be penalised for touching the ref;
First to be penalised for tripping rather than being fined;
JDB stand down rule enforced;
Possibly first not playing the ball properly (I think it was Frizell).

I know that half of the JV is the Saints, but the officials do not care about our halo nor do many others.

We have come crashing down to earth with a mighty thud after our great 2009 -2011 years.

There has to be drastic changes made to so many things of this JV Club. It will cost lots of money and time.

Banjo2014

Juniors
Injury wise (compared to some clubs) we have gone alright.

Ray Stone comes back for the Eels this week which gives them a clean sheet.

DRAGONS
NAME
REASON EXPECTED RETURN
Jack de Belin Suspension Indefinite
Tariq Sims Shoulder Indefinite
Brayden Wiliame Calf Round 11
Paul Vaughan Suspension Round 15

MACGREGOR should have done a lot better with HIS roster.

I do agree with Dragon Dave and most comments on this thread - I now watch Dragons games in a fuzz - just a numb feeling. Like a bad bloody dream. Even my six year old has stopped wearing his Dragons jersey - said he was trying to give the team luck. (He thought he was jinxing us)

My only consolation is that it could be worse - If not for Montoya blunders when we played the Doggies then the Mighty Ones would be on six points.

Last edited:

jeffdragon

Bench
Eels wingers come in throw harbour bridge passes to our wingers who should stay wide.close to sideline.
But last time we did hat South's took two intercepts.
Clune hunt dufty need to look.

getsmarty

Immortal
Warriors star escapes send-off, Dragons confusing halves ploy: Vossy’s Verdict

Dragons attack
: I am not the league expert like Fox League’s Cooper Cronk or Greg Alexander, but even they can’t explain to me the Dragons latest strategy of a mid game swap in the halves. Massive pressure on a rookie in Tristan Sailor to come on off the bench and take up a playmaker role and it seems the majority of the kicking. Find me a successful team of the last decade that would employ such a tactic.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/a240ee529550554470ec8e4b0a1f6198

Latest posts