What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tristan Sailor

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
How many times has the halves changed this season (let alone the rest of the “spine)?

Give it a rest.

Personally I never would’ve played a Hunt/Clune combo, but it is what it is. Sailor should’ve been there at five-eighth from the start. I’m curious as to why some think Dufty can suddenly become a no. 6?

Shades of Adam Quinlan.

Sailor needs to be a high priority in terms of retaining, but I fear he’s already shown his hand by only agreeing to a one year deal last year.

possm

Coach
How many times has the halves changed this season (let alone the rest of the “spine)?

Give it a rest.

Personally I never would’ve played a Hunt/Clune combo, but it is what it is. Sailor should’ve been there at five-eighth from the start. I’m curious as to why some think Dufty can suddenly become a no. 6?

Shades of Adam Quinlan.

Sailor needs to be a high priority in terms of retaining, but I fear he’s already shown his hand by only agreeing to a one year deal last year.
Dufty played at 6 during is junior career until he was switched to fullback by Hornby. He has all the skills to make a good five-eighth except for his defensive skills. At fullback, he also has this problem but also becomes very nervous at times taking the high ball. He also can be rag-dolled back across his try-line or side-line when returning a kick.

Dufty seems to come in and out of the game when playing at fullback. In my opinion, the more he gets his hands on the ball, the more uncertainty he creates to the opposition. With respect to defence, a good coach could set up a situation where he receives assistance just like Bennett did with Soward. Duffty has a very good passing game and used to have a very good kicking game when he played at five-eighth.

I'm afraid that unless we play Dufty at five-eighth, he will one day find himself in reserve grade or at another club. Now is the right time to test Dufty at five-eighth as our season is over and Norman is being shopped around. Rumors that Sailor is moving on to the Broncos only further justifies the selection of Dufty in the position. The next cab off the rank is Sullivan who will be an able replacement and who from reserve grade, will increasingly keep both Dufty and Clune under pressure to perform.

Dragons4me

Juniors
" With respect to defence, a good coach could set up a situation where he receives assistance just like Bennett did with Soward. Duffty has a very good passing game and used to have a very good kicking game when he played at five-eighth".

Exactly!! In defence, Soward positioned himself next to the wing and had Beau Scott as a protector. Soward wasn't a noted defender but really it's about game day management. For all of Dufty's critics, he's been good in front line attack and his passing to hole runners this year has been a revelation.Assign him a shadow in defence and it would work.

Excellent post Possum!

Crush

Coach

Give it a rest.

Shades of Adam Quinlan.

Hey Saint Jimmy, welcome back to the forum.
Remind me, were you a lover or a hater of Dufty? From memory you weren't a fan and often called him just another Adam Quinlan?
I can't remember but I know that you loved to reference Adam Quinlan a lot.

Dragons4me

Juniors
" With respect to defence, a good coach could set up a situation where he receives assistance just like Bennett did with Soward. Duffty has a very good passing game and used to have a very good kicking game when he played at five-eighth".

Exactly!! In defence, Soward positioned himself next to the wing and had Beau Scott as a protector. Soward wasn't a noted defender but really it's about game day management. For all of Dufty's critics, he's been good in front line attack and his passing to hole runners this year has been a revelation.Assign him a shadow in defence and it would work.

Excellent post Possum!

Apologies for mis-spelling Possm.

Wittenberg

Juniors
Lets just give him ago before we punt him as well ..... I see it this way you have your players that can produce tries and are attacking weapons , ( something we have been lacking for a few years ) then we have our defensive player that are tough and willing .... So for me if the opposition score a try and run over Dufty and Sailor , the the defence is not doing their job .... I'm not having a dig at you and understand where your coming from ....... Under the right coaching and structures players like the two I have mentioned will be deadly .......
Fair enough....I hope you are right

Adolf_Spritzer

Juniors
I forgot he was not contracted anymore so it shouldn't affect our club.

article:
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/tr...plaint-of-sexual-assault-20201008-p563dw.html

I thought the same thing, is it that he becomes a free agent officially on Nov 1 and that’s how the media can get away with embroiling our club in this mess? A bit rich considering the flak we received for not offering a new contract a few weeks ago.. media memory is a fickle thing.

All in all though, not a good situation and I shouldn’t comment without knowing the full details

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I thought the same thing, is it that he becomes a free agent officially on Nov 1 and that’s how the media can get away with embroiling our club in this mess? A bit rich considering the flak we received for not offering a new contract a few weeks ago.. media memory is a fickle thing.

All in all though, not a good situation and I shouldn’t comment without knowing the full details
Parasites, poor dude. Hope we support him in some way.

ALSGI

Bench
This will be in the mind of prosecutors and jury at the JDB trial no doubt.

Hopefully there’s some support to all involved persons with real truth and justice outcomes.

Latest posts