What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd13: Parra v Sharks GAME DAY thread (9/8/20)

84 Baby

Referee
Taka was apparently a standout as a winger last year. That comment is a standout for the most shortsighted comments on the forum

IFR33K

Coach
Taka was apparently a standout as a winger last year. That comment is a standout for the most shortsighted comments on the forum

Go back and watch the highlights. But anyway, of course the fans will accept mediocrity if the coach is willing too as well

84 Baby

Referee
Go back and watch the highlights. But anyway, of course the fans will accept mediocrity if the coach is willing too as well
Of course fans will accept players have 2 ok games at a position as a sign they should replace an Origin player or last years leading tryscorer. Why not drop both of them and have our wingers as Taka and Genko, he was a standout in 2018

hindy111

Post Whore
I don't get the Sivo pile on. Seems that if he's not scoring a few a week and busting heads, then he's not trying.

Meanwhile Ponga or Teddy can have a wow game once a month and merkins do a little dance.

Fergo also hasn't been explosive but he makes close to the 150mtr a week mark.
Sivo often makes under 100mtrs.
He made 50mtrs against Sharks and 20 of those come from a line break. Another difference if Gergo runs hard at the line while Sivo half the time jogs up to it and surrenders to defense.
When you also add in his poor reads in defense, lack of general skills and average under the high ball then he needs to be charging like a bull to make up.

Look at GJ. Not as dynamic but makes 150mtrs a game and is a smarter player then Sivo. Has more skill and game awareness. Yet people hated him on here.

Gronk

Staff member
Fergo also hasn't been explosive but he makes close to the 150mtr a week mark.
Sivo often makes under 100mtrs.
He made 50mtrs against Sharks and 20 of those come from a line break. Another difference if Gergo runs hard at the line while Sivo half the time jogs up to it and surrenders to defense.
When you also add in his poor reads in defense, lack of general skills and average under the high ball then he needs to be charging like a bull to make up.

Look at GJ. Not as dynamic but makes 150mtrs a game and is a smarter player then Sivo. Has more skill and game awareness. Yet people hated him on here.

Remember when Bevan French made 15m in a match and could not even ruck the ball up at fullback ? Good times.

IFR33K

Coach
Of course fans will accept players have 2 ok games at a position as a sign they should replace an Origin player or last years leading tryscorer. Why not drop both of them and have our wingers as Taka and Genko, he was a standout in 2018

Sorry mate, go back and read the previous posts. I never singled out our wingers. I mentioned 3 players, it was gronk that mentioned them and I responded. And nor am I calling for a permanent reshuffle. Just for a week to get all 3 firing how they should be.

let’s be honest here, has waqa been an improvement over taka? It’ll be a matter of debate if so. Fergos form is down and sivo is leaking tries like a sieve

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don't get the Sivo pile on. Seems that if he's not scoring a few a week and busting heads, then he's not trying.

Meanwhile Ponga or Teddy can have a wow game once a month and merkins do a little dance.
It's about effort. Ponga and Tedesco run the ball 20+ times nearly every week. Sivo has averaged fewer than 12 runs since round six, and he is trending downwards.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Wtf is fergo offering as of this season? Like I’ve said, I wouldn’t mind one of them dropped just for a week to put the entire team on notice. As for taka, he was a standout last year as a winger. We’ll get exposed like a mfer against the storm in two weeks on current form. Maybe dropping one wouldn’t be a bad idea this week.
Ferguson is one of our best at bringing the ball off our line. His go forward is awesome. Plus he has a high workrate. The game on the weekend was the first time this year he made fewer than 15 carries (he made 12).

Last edited:

84 Baby

Referee
Sorry mate, go back and read the previous posts. I never singled out our wingers. I mentioned 3 players, it was gronk that mentioned them and I responded. And nor am I calling for a permanent reshuffle. Just for a week to get all 3 firing how they should be.
So you’re not singling out our wingers, just 3 players, 2 of whom are our wingers?
I will concede that I think Sivo needs a bit of a look, but I think part of his problem is laziness and part is not wanting to f**k up. The first part needs a rocket, the second part would be made worse with being dropped. He needs a friendly rocket like Menko or Gunco in his ear hole telling him to f**ken rip the opposition apart. It wouldn’t have the same impact BA telling him to outside the game. If BA should be ripping into anyone about it, it’s Gutho.
Fergo on the other hand despite zero tries and his brain farts, has been averaging 150m a game. You aren’t going to get that from Taka. You might get it from Genko, but then you’re just swapping one set of brain farts for another. Plus I don’t think Fergo would benefit at all from being dropped, he’d come back the same with one less game to get off the nudie run, so potentially even more brain farts.
Blake was dropped at Panfas and it hasn’t changed anything. I reckon his problem is technique, very arm grabby, which I’ll agree with you is a lot on BA to fix. But dropping him isn’t going to improve his technique.
If you’re idea is about season management to keep the players fresh, I’m 100% on board. But then who are you going to blame when Taka, Genko, Billy Smith or Dunster don’t play very well?

IFR33K

Coach
So you’re not singling out our wingers, just 3 players, 2 of whom are our wingers?
I will concede that I think Sivo needs a bit of a look, but I think part of his problem is laziness and part is not wanting to f**k up. The first part needs a rocket, the second part would be made worse with being dropped. He needs a friendly rocket like Menko or Gunco in his ear hole telling him to f**ken rip the opposition apart. It wouldn’t have the same impact BA telling him to outside the game. If BA should be ripping into anyone about it, it’s Gutho.
Fergo on the other hand despite zero tries and his brain farts, has been averaging 150m a game. You aren’t going to get that from Taka. You might get it from Genko, but then you’re just swapping one set of brain farts for another. Plus I don’t think Fergo would benefit at all from being dropped, he’d come back the same with one less game to get off the nudie run, so potentially even more brain farts.
Blake was dropped at Panfas and it hasn’t changed anything. I reckon his problem is technique, very arm grabby, which I’ll agree with you is a lot on BA to fix. But dropping him isn’t going to improve his technique.
If you’re idea is about season management to keep the players fresh, I’m 100% on board. But then who are you going to blame when Taka, Genko, Billy Smith or Dunster don’t play very well?

Sorry mate. Next time I single out players, I’ll single out the ones in form.

yy_cheng

Coach
I recall when gutho first played for us on the wing. He dropped Bomb after bomb after bomb.

He worked on it at training and is now one of the safest under a bomb

Sivo needs to do the same coz I think it will cost us in the near future

IFR33K

Coach
What? You said

Who the f**k are you mentioning then if it’s not Fergo, Blake and Sivo?

I never solely mentioned the wingers. I mentioned 3 players. Gronk mentioned the wingers only and now you’ve become fixated on them

TheParraboy

Staff member
My take on Sivo

His confidence can get rattled early and the opposition is onto it. Belt him early and if there is an error there he is gone for the match in terms of energy by the looks. Fergo being more experienced cops a bashing or error early but keeps going throughout and looks to contribute

84 Baby

Referee
This morning:
I wouldn’t expect you to.

there’s more to RL than scoring tries and these 3 have had issues pretty much all year. If BA is happy to accept what they’re dishing out than I guess waqa running out of the line, sivo being infield too often and fergos brain farts are all part of the plan.
Wtf is fergo offering as of this season? Like I’ve said, I wouldn’t mind one of them dropped just for a week to put the entire team on notice.
So yeah you haven’t singled out the wingers. You’ve singled out the wingers and a centre.

IFR33K

Coach
This morning:

So yeah you haven’t singled out the wingers. You’ve singled out the wingers and a centre.

Correct. I’ve singled out the wingers and a centre! The 3 players they have had a few issues in recent weeks. Did I mention the wingers on there own? No I did not. If you’re happy with their form Then I’m glad for you! The semis aren’t to far away, If the issues aren’t addressed in the coming weeks, do you think they’ll be addressed for the semis?

84 Baby

Referee
Correct. I’ve singled out the wingers and a centre! The 3 players they have had a few issues in recent weeks. Did I mention the wingers on there own? No I did not. If you’re happy with their form Then I’m glad for you! The semis aren’t to far away, If the issues aren’t addressed in the coming weeks, do you think they’ll be addressed for the semis?
Sorry mate I’ve already answered my thoughts on 2 players’ forms and 1 player’s technique