What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

84 Baby

Referee
Yes I do. We are getting into the habit of one out footy a bit to much now. Also we need to do a lot more support play. At the moment only Gutho is consistently supporting our players at the line.

Against the Sharks on the weekend I noticed at least 2 times that Lane due to his size and power got his body slightly through the line and had is arm cocked waiting for a runner but there was nobody there. They were both high probability scoring opportunities that were missed again.

All I seem to be doing while watching our Eels play the last month or so is yell at the tele due to all the dumb things that they are doing or or the smart things that they aren't doing half the time.

As for our wish for big powerful and aggressive players, thank heaven we finally got them. The mediocrity lovers on this site were very painful to listen to a lot of the time. At least now they can see the difference in our team and maybe they may get it. But then again some like Pou will give you a song and dance and abacus explanation as to why all teams need pillow type players and that they are a necessary part of all teams.

But look at our top 17 now. Not a pillow amongst them. Even Stone is not considered a pillow type of player, he is brought on for his aggression and line speed in defense. If he doesn't work out and doesn't consistently meet those expectations I'm sure that we will find someone else that does. So yes little buddy it does feels great us both being right again, but then again we almost always are. Footy ain't that hard a gig to understand. Size generally matters.

Pillows are for the bedroom. Big powerful footballers are for the Parramatta Eels.
Sterlo and I agree with this. We did it on a couple occasions on Sunday. Once where Rheed showed going infield to Fergo then went blindside to Niukore, and another time Gutho ran (a bit early) when we had ball on our try line, which allowed Menko to wheel around the back. These are encouraging signs but more encouraging that if they are our eventual game plan that we’re not overplaying our hand vs the Dogs.
I reckon we’ll play similarly still against the Drags, then against Scum we’ll allow them to dictate the intensity to begin with, and then against Souffs we’ll be looking to play super intense ahead of a long turnaround to Warriors. Build more in that game before testing ourselves with a short turnaround against Panfas. That’ll leave Donkeys and Wiger games to build more towards the final game plan.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You’re the one who says we need more than 17 players in the squad. My thoughts as always is if they are in top 17, they need to fill a role at a top 17 standard
Well I'd say we're currently looking to fill the remaining 13 spots in our top 30, including with re-signings. But with most of a top 17 already signed we might only have about $2M left.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
That’s what I f**ken said! But yeah a top line prop is out of the question (much to @hineyrulz chagrin). Eisenhuth might suit, or grabbing some experience/variety by spending a bit overs for a Proctor or Asiata would be my external targets. Otherwise Kaufusi better be f**ken good
Top dollar Fat props!!

No f**king excuses!!!

84 Baby

Referee
Top dollar Fat props!!

No f**king excuses!!!
31760744-8610125-Nonovo_s_friend_Bradley_Wayne_Middlebrook_20_has_been_charged_wi-a-28_1597037592341.jpg

Dibs

Bench
Spill your beans
My beans have slightly changed although along similar lines with a little sugar on top. Much more reliable source. Although said source said that there are a lot of different beans flying around Brisbane today

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
If we are looking for a experienced cheapie prop to fill our squad, Lussick could be an option.

Yes he is at the end of his career , yes he aren’t a superstar. But on a small contract he would provide some good depth.

With the structure of our squad now (Large % of cap spent on our top 13), we need to look for those “rough” cheapies to get some value.

If we are looking for a experienced cheapie prop to fill our squad, Lussick could be an option.

Yes he is at the end of his career , yes he aren’t a superstar. But on a small contract he would provide some good depth.

With the structure of our squad now (Large % of cap spent on our top 13), we need to look for those “rough” cheapies to get some value.
Would he be better value than Alvaro?

TheRam

Coach
How about the table topping Panthers? Huge pack:

Kikau 119kg
Tamou 115kg
Leota 108kg
Yeo 106kg
Fisher-Harris 103kg
Martin 98kg

Their biggest forward doesn't even play in the middle. I would say fast forwards are more valuable than big ones under the current rules.

To have both is better. Oh and we are a better overall pack because of out superior power and class. It's at 7 and or 9 position that they may have the edge over us. Time will tell.

Last edited: