What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Dean Young

Dragsters

First Grade
This is how we should think of him - a premiership winner with the Dragons who always put in.

No need to spoil that legacy by making him coach for the next six years.

I am well and truly over becoming resentful of dragons club legends due to the nepotism and the jobs for the boys culture that is rife at the club and continues to be perpetuated by those in rhe media with either a vested interest or mates that do.

He may one day make a first grade coach but on merit, that day is a ways off yet...

Dragon Revival

Juniors
As Doust is still on the Board I would not be surprised if Bennett came on board next year.
Flanagan seems to have tweaked our attack but now needs to bolster the defence. Hopefully Norman never gets another game me and is let go.

Dorsai

Juniors
If we have not learnt the lesson of ex players being given jobs for the boys then we are doomed to go round in circles.

same goes for Ryles and Fitzgibbon.

runs on the board. That is what we need. A coach who has experience in building a premiership winning side. Otherwise we will be back languishing at the Botox the table once again.

possm

Coach
As Doust is still on the Board I would not be surprised if Bennett came on board next year.
Flanagan seems to have tweaked our attack but now needs to bolster the defence. Hopefully Norman never gets another game me and is let go.
Flanagan is only contracted as assistant coach until the end of this season. There is no guarantee that Dean Young will keep him on for off-season training. Dragons need to lose every game for the rest of the season for Young to be overlooked for the head coach position.

epDragon62

First Grade
What is wrong with the Dragons?
In no way whatsoever should Dean Young be considered as an NRL Coach.He has been a party in the current inept performances for a few years now.
I shudder to think these morons would even be considering this scenario.
To be fair to the club, it has not been said that he will get the job.

I agree it would be tragic to hate Deano as a headcoach.

Imagine this scenario in the alternative: Bennett comes back with Ben Hornby and eventually he becomes head coach; sounds very Dragons to me...

hewi

Bench
Next weeks team selection will be very interesting. We won’t make the 8 so will Young do what I think is the right think and not play Aitken again and see what the likely replacements are like. Will he give Blacker some time off the bench instead of Korbin Sims. As an aside FOXSPORTS are saying that Brisbane are hoping to offload Bird to us.

possm

Coach
Next weeks team selection will be very interesting. We won’t make the 8 so will Young do what I think is the right think and not play Aitken again and see what the likely replacements are like. Will he give Blacker some time off the bench instead of Korbin Sims. As an aside FOXSPORTS are saying that Brisbane are hoping to offload Bird to us.
The Club should have had a head coach sorted prior to sacking Mary. The problem now is that Young could very well come in and make changes and endorse recruitments that the new coach would not have considered.

Whoever is under consideration should be conulted prior to hiring anyone. But I am feeling confident that the Board is going to select Young in the same way they selected Price and Mary. Backroom deals are set in stone at SGI these days and it will take a new owner and a complete management clean out to make any significant future progress.

Maybe McGregors endorsement of Young is his way of sticking it up most of us as he walks out the door
It's not a serious appointment.
Young has been part of the McGregor set up for years now.
Defence coach for most of that time with the Team leaking mountains of points.
And who was his mentor?
I'm not even doubting his potential but he would have been better served working under a topliner for 3-4 years and he would have at least learnt something other than "Dragons Footy".
Dean Young is years away from being a FG coach if at all.
As part of the McGregor coaching staff, he has a lot to answer for as well.