What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 vs Eels

denis preston

First Grade
A
Gutsy effort by the boys so far.....Ive been saying it for a while now I wouldnt swap our wingers.....they both hit the line hard and are always a handful for the opposition in particular when running the ball back deep in our territory.....if our forwards ran with the same determination and gusto as these 2 blokes week in week out it would be for the betterment of the team.......would like to see Clune become more involved and run the ball to the line although probably a bit hard atm with Hunt and Normsn controlling the kicking game....anyhow whatever the outcome tonite glad to see our blokes aiming up....after all thats all we ask

As good a honest toiler Periera is he showed on 2 to 3 occasions tonight that he didn't have the pace to go on with it. Mind you there is more problems in this side than him for sure. Bench still f--ked up, Host brought on too late & surely they had some time for Sailor as Cory Normal still showed nothing , even in a game where our forwards at least competed evenly. Best game from Simms and why or why didnt the coach use the Clune /Host running lines play before ? Confirms for us that we at least are a top 8 side.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Happy to send Mary out with a win.

But, moreso, was the change of attitude by the players i was impressed with. Makes you wonder if they were really tanking.
Everyone, including the much maligned of our playing group, showed what they can do. There was only one exception and I think that stuck out like dogs ....!

I think we have to sign Ellis and re-sign Host. They were both very good tonight. Even Korbin was a surprise.

Just wondering if anyone crapped their dacks when Rava passed to JP in goal??

getsmarty

Immortal
Happy to send Mary out with a win.

But, moreso, was the change of attitude by the players i was impressed with. Makes you wonder if they were really tanking.
Everyone, including the much maligned of our playing group, showed what they can do. There was only one exception and I think that stuck out like dogs ....!

I think we have to sign Ellis and re-sign Host. They were both very good tonight. Even Korbin was a surprise.

Just wondering if anyone crapped their dacks when Rava passed to JP in goal??

Was very impressed with Kaide Ellis....Big body..has a dig..I'd sign him up. that was so enjoyable to watch...team playing for 80 minutes and having a dig...Well done to all involved.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
A

As good a honest toiler Periera is he showed on 2 to 3 occasions tonight that he didn't have the pace to go on with it. Mind you there is more problems in this side than him for sure. Bench still f--ked up, Host brought on too late & surely they had some time for Sailor as Cory Normal still showed nothing , even in a game where our forwards at least competed evenly. Best game from Simms and why or why didnt the coach use the Clune /Host running lines play before ? Confirms for us that we at least are a top 8 side.
Yes mate you raise some good points.....as I said yesterday theres no quick fix to our issues and Im not getting carried away with tonights win...but at least I'll sleep better after the events of the last 2 days

Last edited:
Tremendous performance by our wingers tonight.

I am currently eating a large slice of humble pie and am enjoying every bite.

Apart from the Kane Evans try our forwards defended very well.

Lomax, super leap. He is a difference maker.

So happy to beat Parra tonight.

Ellis and K.Sims defended really well and ran hard.

Despite throwing a good cut out pass, Norman was very ordinary for most of the game.

The important thing is the effort was there.

We competed to the death.

That is a great start!!!

Dragon Revival

Juniors
A fabulous win with solid defence. The entire team played well. Ellis had a good game and should be resigned for 2021-22. I would promote Williame to centre and use Ramsey on the bench. We need more attacking players
Such as Ramsey as we rely too much on Dufty and Lomax.

Coreyzz

Juniors
117905729_3123097384405546_5836742553365667135_n.jpg

LINESPEED

Juniors
A win.
Euan gone.
Mary gone.

Best. Week. Ever.

Ditto

You forgot Lafai lol!

Heady days to see the triumvirate gone (swords ‘n all) in a month - and the jubilation across the fan base is palpable
(& weirdly unacknowledged by the McGregor-fawning Media)

... and purging them from our Club was worth every goddam fullstop, apostrophe, FMD, WTF & FFS

.... and the lesson to coaches & CEO’s & owners is:
Don’t play the ‘favourites & mateship’ game

The simple Washup IMO?:

Over the excruciating years of their mediocrity, the relentless & unjustifiable selection of Euan, Timmy, Josh (& more recently Lats)
cost the stubborn & tone deaf Waterboy the respect of the fans

- and once the respect of the fans is lost it’s coach ENDGAME

...and the knock-on effect is pernicious -

leading to the so-called ‘negativity’ he hurls at the Fans

(which is really well-intentioned & largely astute advice - advice that he summarily dismissed as ego intervened)

...and the pressure builds into siege

(Just ask the now-fled players about the pressure)

It’s no coincidence that the ‘3 amigos roadblock’ (coach & Laitkens) all went down together

....because it was poetic justice done for the harm inflicted

Lost respect is something McGoner will eventually work out in his reflective moments alone down the coast.

Pressure builds from the catalyst of lost respect Gould

- that’s all your review needed to reveal, (along with his 2nd worst stats in history)

There can be no ‘culture’ when the Fans feel disenfranchised & attendances plummet to record lows.

The boys played last night like they’d been released from a curse

...the pressure valve released
...the catalyst the sacking

...and the Upshot?:

Waterboy’s gone to less demanding pastures
along with the deadwood

... and quality players will now come

...and juniors thrive at long last

AND the bonus?
We can still make the 8
with an invigorated team

...in a year that’d seemed totally lost

Last edited:

HenryTatana

Juniors
Question. Where was Flanno? Not once did I spot him in the coverage.

Did Mary banish him for his last hurrah?

Also just saw the presser. Like a Broken record, blah blah blah......

Ding dong, the witch is dead!
Even to the last whistle of his final game Mary showed the dim-witted intransigence that has seen us become a by-word for mediocrity over the last 7 seasons. Picks Sailor on the bench but can't find an opportunity to use him (on a heavy track where the inclusion of an extra forward might have seemed a no-brainer ) and Host was introduced to the game far too late. Mind you, he made the most of his spell with some great defensive work and made good yards. Even Lawrie showed a bit of mongrel last night - like Linespeed said, it was like the players had a curse lifted from them. The curse of McGregor.
Thank f#ck he's gone. Now the boys can start to play football again.

LINESPEED

Juniors
Ding dong, the witch is dead!
Even to the last whistle of his final game Mary showed the dim-witted intransigence that has seen us become a by-word for mediocrity over the last 7 seasons. Picks Sailor on the bench but can't find an opportunity to use him (on a heavy track where the inclusion of an extra forward might have seemed a no-brainer ) and Host was introduced to the game far too late. Mind you, he made the most of his spell with some great defensive work and made good yards. Even Lawrie showed a bit of mongrel last night - like Linespeed said, it was like the players had a curse lifted from them. The curse of McGregor.
Thank f#ck he's gone. Now the boys can start to play football again.

Host played like he knew he was no longer going to be fuc/ked around by McSacked

... and Sailor’s non-show?

Well that was the ‘coach’s’
call
- and maybe a final sniping small-minded payback for the selection panel to suck on imo