What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 vs Eels

ALSGI

Bench
Watched the whole game again this morning and I’ve got to say well done to the boys, great game by all. Not a bad game by anybody, yes a few mistakes were made but it was a gruelling game that would have taken it’s toll on players.

Our wingers were both awesome, Rava is only going to get better and is an intimidating beast with some xfactor as his confidence grows. JP is solid too.

Kicking was hugely improved by all.

Our Forwards were very good.

Even when we were behind the whole team kept at it and for the first time in a long time they not only came back but were able to close a game off.

Lomax is special. Calling it now, he’s going to be a Superstar. Still hoping Dufty will become one too.

Still can’t believe Sailor wasn’t injected, what a classic waste of the bench.

Wish Paul McGregor all the best, great player that I cheered for but he’s a terrible coach.

Gareth67

First Grade
Watched the whole game again this morning and I’ve got to say well done to the boys, great game by all. Not a bad game by anybody, yes a few mistakes were made but it was a gruelling game that would have taken it’s toll on players.

Our wingers were both awesome, Rava is only going to get better and is an intimidating beast with some xfactor as his confidence grows. JP is solid too.

Kicking was hugely improved by all.

Our Forwards were very good.

Even when we were behind the whole team kept at it and for the first time in a long time they not only came back but were able to close a game off.

Lomax is special. Calling it now, he’s going to be a Superstar. Still hoping Dufty will become one too.

Still can’t believe Sailor wasn’t injected, what a classic waste of the bench.

Wish Paul McGregor all the best, great player that I cheered for but he’s a terrible coach.

Well said !

boardlumps62

Juniors
It's an interesting thought.
The cynic in me suggests that they played out of their skin to impress the incoming coach.
Either way, it was the best they've played all year and they deserve a lot of credit for last night's performance.
As for McGregor, I'm with you. Never "hated" the guy personally. That would be irrational.
However I did hate his many second half fades, the way the Team played aimlessly and without conviction week after week AND I particularly hated his press conferences where he consistently dredged up excuse after excuse after excuse.
Last night was great for the club because it has been an awful 18 months but let's never forget the totality of McGregor's tenure.
Bog average coach that was unable to bring any joy to the fan base even during years when we were competitive.
The team hasn't been that aimless last few weeks. There certainly was a time after resumption following shutdown they played absolutely shit football then something changed they won a few. Then came the period of starting well then fading and kissing that pissed me off. Then last night v Parra having no real size in the team they get a win. It might well be the coach or fitness but the Refs swing games and that's just how it goes.

Banjo2014

Juniors
To Matty Johns and Nathan Hindmarsh

You were right and I was wrong ....

Death riding my own team thank God you guys were right

Go the Mighty Ones

Slippery Morris

First Grade
The Bunker has killed saints this season. If your reverse the Sharks game which was the biggest blunder, Saints are on 12 (2 points out of the 8) and Sharks 14. Instead Saints are 6 points out of the 8. Why, because the Bunker rushed his decision. With the Mahoney decision, I can see if they awarded or not it would have been controversial either way where as the Ellis try, that was clearly a try as he had full control. The Bunker said he rolled it onto his other arm. To do that you surely must have control of the ball. What a dud call.

Anyway, great effort by the Dragons they really made my week. What an excellent week it was for us fans losing Mary, Euan and winning against a top 4 side. Could not ask for more.

The defence of the Dragons was very impressive especially for the amount of ball Parra had in Saint's half. A team that had only lost 2 games before this one was held to just 2 tries.

All 17 deserve full praise (maybe 16 as poor Tristian did not get a run the poor kid).

McInnes at lock and Hunt at hooker surely is the way to go for the rest of the season at least. If they can offload Norman and have Tristian and 6 then the spine would be pretty good. Lets wait and see what the new coach has in store for us.

I hope we get to finish the season on a high even if they don't make the 8 because the bunker screwed the Saints against Sharks.

Latest posts