What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jordan Pereira Extends

_Johnsy

Referee
I’ve been a fan or Jordi for a while, but after the latest game I found myself thinking I have maybe underated him somewhat. I know he isn’t the fastest, or biggest, but with a heart like his, I’m so happy to have him in the team
He certainly won't let us down. Like any first grader he may have an error in him now and then, but give me 100% effort every minute he's on the field over someone like Norman every day of the week.

Spazer

Juniors
JP is great. He's a handful to put down and looks dangerous close to the line.

His speed is the only worrying part, he missed a couple of try scoring opportunities against the Roosters and Parra were able to get their kicks behind Jordan quite easily the other night. I feel like Melbourne would exploit this when we verse them.

Apart from that he's a real powerful ball runner and seems to break tackles with ease. Love watching him play and as others have said he has similar qualities to Nightingale.

Old Timer

Coach
He does all of his best running at our end of the field so that in itself is a bit of as problem.

The guy is all heart and gives everything he has on every occasion but taking the romantics of that out of it, and the game as it is today if the winger cant sprint away and leave others in his wake his usefulness is very limited.

Gareth67

First Grade
It is good to see that we now have backs that not only put in a full 80 minutes of power and excitement - as is the case with both Pierra and Ravawala , but also bring speed and some damn tough defense to the team .

I had to ask just who he was while watching Friday nights game . I thought that he was wearing No.12 jersey , but as Hazzbeen pointed out that was Fuiamaono .

Just more proof that the correct players were not being selected by our now departed coach .

St Tangles

Bench
I thought against 3 defenders and a cover defender his effort was brilliant (that is if you're referring to his effort where his hand hit the line before grounding the ball).

Yep most wingers put there ears back and score there was plenty of room

Made it look harder than it should of been

His defence and running out of our half are great but the better wingers score there and missing chances has also been a big issue for us

kit66

Bench
A bit like Nighty , not the biggest not the fastest but gave 100% ....

He reminds me of the rubber man a lot and his metres each week are priceless especially when a lot of those are getting us away from our line. If only he'd done a real Nighty last Friday and headbutted the ground or something he might have scored in the corner - bloody good effort to get that close though.
He'll be handy next year, just need to find him a good centre partner as good as Zac on the other side - or if not stick Norman out there.

This Year?

Immortal
I'm with the others here that say he's too slow to be on the wing, but I'd much rather someone who has a go instead of a talented peaheart.
I hope eventually he becomes a centre who puts wingers and fullbacks away for tries.

Hbh

Juniors
I'm with the others here that say he's too slow to be on the wing, but I'd much rather someone who has a go instead of a talented peaheart.
I hope eventually he becomes a centre who puts wingers and fullbacks away for tries.
Jordie can be OK at scoring tries also , yes he does lack a bit of pace but has everything else .... He needs to anticipate the play a bit more in attack so he is already on the go , 2 paces ahead will always put a gap between him and the defense , enough to get to the line ... It will come with more game time .... Just on Rav is he any faster ?

rasaint

Juniors
Now this thread has reached a point where we all believe he a powerful ball runner and good defender, but lacks high end speed which is a genuine issue; is there a place in the back row for him at 95 to 97 kilos reported weight.

Josh Ado Carr is what we need out wide. He returns the ball strongly and is lightening fast. Make an offer for JAC and keep Jordan as a backrower On modest $$$.