What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 Vs Broncos

SBD82

Coach
All this poppy c**k about waiting until next year for the biggest and best of the young blokes.

Honestly folks people need to think outside of the box they have put themselves in.

Some points to consider.
  1. If they are in the bubble injuries may have have dictated their selection as had been the case at other clubs.
  2. They don’t have to play all 6 games they might play 2 or 3
  3. There must be some appetite for change as evidenced by the sacking of the coach so let’s not back off for God’s sake embrace change and harness the boundless enthusiasm of youth
  4. Nothing to lose other than time between now and the end of the year.
  5. Career coach flogged the guys at training often creating match conditions (had no idea how to taper a side and get them back up) so they should all be in reasonable shape and anyone not playing is as match fit as the the next bloke not playing so why discriminate on the basis of age after all they are in the bubble for a reason
  6. Don’t we want to get the next season off to a flyer or do you want to f**k around trying to find out who’s who in the zoo for the 1st 6 weeks because that is exactly what you have now.
  7. If you don’t play them this season what is it in the offseason and preseason that is going to make them anymore prepared? Less bum fluff and more stubble?
  8. Other clubs do it and do it well and therefore suffer little effect when the senior players are out so if it’s good enough for them then why not us?
  9. Time to stop reminiscing about Bath’s Babes it is time to write a new history and legacy which is relevant to today’s budding Dragon fans and it is out there waiting to be written so someone pick up the pen and write in the names on the team sheet.
Can you just start posting links to your blogs instead of cutting and pasting them into threads?

dino1

Juniors
I can understand but I’d rather play a couple of kids who are ready and give them a good 6 games instead of waiting till next year. Euan is leaving anyway and we can’t make the finals. That’s my thoughts.

f o aitken

Dragon Revival

Juniors
It is good to have Clune, Dufty and Host back together with a coach who understands their strengths. Obviously the view is that we need forwards to combat the Broncos. Good luck Dragons!

Coreyzz

Juniors
Regardless if he is going to be at the club next year, the way Tristan Sailor has been treated is disgraceful.

Spends the whole game on the bench against the Eels last week and now is out of the team. He did more than enough in his previous two games to keep his spot in the halves. Norman has been absolute garbage this year and after one week on the sidelines finds his way back into the starting team.

Looks like Dean Young has picked up where Mary left off.

ALSGI

Bench
Regardless if he is going to be at the club next year, the way Tristan Sailor has been treated is disgraceful.

Spends the whole game on the bench against the Eels last week and now is out of the team. He did more than enough in his previous two games to keep his spot in the halves. Norman has been absolute garbage this year and after one week on the sidelines finds his way back into the starting team.

Agreed, except Norman actually played well last week.

Smurf

Juniors
Is this the first time we have had 4 forwards on the bench ?

Any intel on Merrin ? Or is he just past it ?

Dragon David

First Grade

It appears that Norman is the man and Sailor the fall guy. Absolutely rubbish that Sailor has not been selected in the starting lineup at 6. So to me it does mean that Sailor is not required beyond this year at the Dragons. I genuinely thought that he would be given a good run in the starting lineup for the next few weeks at least.

I guess that Mary did not want him on the field at any time last week just in case he "stuffed" up when we were on the way to a win. So yes, he has been treated disgracefully as far as I am concerned.

Latest posts