What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd15: Parra v Storm GAME DAY thread (20/8/20)

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Defence was good, we showed more in attack.

BA used his bench more.

5 line breaks. Just to many errors. Just the odd drop ball costs us a few more tries.

slow play the balls didn’t help, storm could almost be penalised every tackle for holding on/wrestling.

Moses struggled with his kicking game.

always a tough game, we struggle against the storm and they have a few out. Unless we won by 30, the win wouIdnt be rated highly. So Take the win and bring on Souths.

hindy111

Post Whore
It wasn’t pretty but they looked better in attack at times.

One of worse games I've seen in a long time.
Any half opportunity we had we forced a pass for an error. No patience at all.
Moses had one good kick all game. Gutherson put in 2 nice ones. We need to learn a field possession game. Keep them inside then 10 for the first 2 tackles and win it that way.

We do not need to score on every set. Must learn not to throw ball for sake of it. If its not on just pound them and let them work it out from a few meters out.

Tonight we didn't run straight enough. To much sideways. We do not have the speed to go around this side without creating large overlaps.

I haven't checked error count but I expect a few. We need to become a grinning side. Not a point scoring razzle dazzle side. It just isn't built that way. Not enough cohesion, a hooker who doesn't attack and slow wingers. Play to our strengths like a big steam boat. Over power them and bash.

On a positive I like Ray Stone. Hits hard. And Kafusi has plenty of leg drive. He just needs more time, well both do to get up to the speed of the game.

I'd give Moses 3/10 for tonight. No patience or control. His defense was tough atleast.

At full strength I can't see us getting close to them. We need to hope somehow the Rooster or Panther take care of them. Id fancy our chances against those 2 better.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Fox commentators: "Parramatta weren't impressive - they were doing the same things they've been doing for 6 weeks, and Melbourne were ravaged by injuries."

While the Storm were missing some great players, I totally disagree with the statement that we didn't play any differently - our scramble was better than it has been in weeks and, despite making some silly errors by pushing silly passes, our attack - to me - looked more dangerous than it has in many weeks.

The idiot Fox commentators also declared that it was pathetic that we only scored 2 points in the second half - well, Melbourne score 0 points in 80 minutes, you asinine imbeciles!

Hahaha!

Up yours, Melbourne!

Dibs

Bench
Fox commentators: "Parramatta weren't impressive - they were doing the same things they've been doing for 6 weeks, and Melbourne were ravaged by injuries."

While the Storm were missing some great players, I totally disagree with the statement that we didn't play any differently - our scramble was better than it has been in weeks and, despite making some silly errors by pushing silly passes, our attack - to me - looked more dangerous than it has in many weeks.

The idiot Fox commentators also declared that it was pathetic that we only scored 2 points in the second half - well, Melbourne score 0 points in 80 minutes, you asinine imbeciles!

Hahaha!

Up yours, Melbourne!
You know who said it though mate? Alexander who is the worst commentator to listen to when the eels play. He hates us. I remember several years ago we were winning by 20 plus and with 10 to go he still said we didn’t have the game wrapped up yet.

TheParraboy

Staff member
We had a ton of chances, and did not convert, due to impatience or unforced errors

Think it was very intentional to throw the ball around and do offloads.but we fell short by a big way

I think the attack will come, and when it comes we will be basically unbeatable, still a ton of time to get it right

Defence very solid once again, our hero this year

Bandwagon

Staff member
Meh, despite handing over a heap of ball through dumb errors we kept 'em to zero.

That's a decent performance for a team building it's game n defence. It aint pretty, but you don't lose to zero.

hindy111

Post Whore
We had a ton of chances, and did not convert, due to impatience or unforced errors

Think it was very intentional to throw the ball around and do offloads.but we fell short by a big way

I think the attack will come, and when it comes we will be basically unbeatable, still a ton of time to get it right

Defence very solid once again, our hero this year

We have no patience. We think we need to score.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Storm beat up on injury-ravaged Roosters (and cheat by having 14 on the field to stop a try), and the media say, "How good are Melbourne? Cameron Smith's cock tastes like licorice, and ecstasy!"

Eels EASILY beat an injury-riddled Storm, without cheating, despite the Storm's best attempts to grub their way to victory, and the media say, "The Eels were bad. Melbourne were missing Cammy Wammy - I'm having Cam cock withdrawals!"

Seriously, though - they all celebrated the Storm for beating a Roosters side that was massively down on troops, but they refuse to give us kudos,

Oh, well - 2 points is 2 points.

And being the first team in 6 years to keep the Storm scoreless is pretty sweet.