What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd15: Parra v Storm GAME DAY thread (20/8/20)

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
If Jennings grounds that ball, Gutho/Drown finishes that run down the sideline (Drown probably passed to early), Matterson finds Blake, Marata catches the Moses pass......we get 4 tries..plus maybe a few others.....and everyone wouId be rating our win...

Of course we didn’t, but we did create those opportunities against the storm (yes had players out but still strong defensively), which is what we have struggled with in previous weeks, our attack.

While the performance could have been better, I reckon we did enough time show we are heading in the in the right direction.....our defence was still great and our attack showed a lot move then previous weeks...

eels_fan

First Grade
Think our bench rotation by BA was great. Reed needs a breather, maybe not in every match, but Stone needs time at 9 incase he is needed in a big match.

we were too impatient and I think that cost us 3-4 tries.

Moses well off his best. Think we just need to put a team away and then we’ll be our confidence back.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Just on Fergo, 2 times he was flat footed and the ball went into touch. They weren't great passes, but I feel like if he was running onto them there was a fair chance of tries. He seems to get a lot of ball at a standing start.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
If Jennings grounds that ball, Gutho/Drown finishes that run down the sideline (Drown probably passed to early), Matterson finds Blake, Marata catches the Moses pass......we get 4 tries..plus maybe a few others.....and everyone wouId be rating our win...

Of course we didn’t, but we did create those opportunities against the storm (yes had players out but still strong defensively), which is what we have struggled with in previous weeks, our attack.

While the performance could have been better, I reckon we did enough time show we are heading in the in the right direction.....our defence was still great and our attack showed a lot move then previous weeks...

Completely agree. Premierships are won with defence. I’m glad ours is sorted. Other teams know they’re in for a battle when they’re playing us. We are a big, physical side and once our attack clicks again, we are a handful for any side. I’d argue we are regardless of the attack coming good again.

84 Baby

Referee
Just on Fergo, 2 times he was flat footed and the ball went into touch. They weren't great passes, but I feel like if he was running onto them there was a fair chance of tries. He seems to get a lot of ball at a standing start.
Yeah I reckon he didn’t read the play at all on those 2. Gus kept rabbiting on about us being impatient but especially with the Gutho pass, Fergo would’ve only had to beat Papenhuyzen to score.

Lemon Squash

First Grade

Agree... if it’s 24-0 all of a sudden it looks like a good performance yet we wouldn’t of actually played any better

Our main problem is our attack had been so pedestrian over the last month then we tried to go from 0 to 100 overnight and led to a lot of mistakes and looked very scrappy at times but there were some okay moments also.

Kornstar

Coach
After reading all these comments about how bad we were etc, at the game it was completely different. Storm play to a very rigid structure which saw them belt the Roosters last week, the played much the same tonight, fast, hard and direct with some grubby tactics as usual.

so embedded Is the game plan Under Bellyache that nothing much changes except some extra good touches from better players, but they play tough. BA said it’s been all defence at training for the most part as he wants to be able to defend for long minutes, but they will turn their attention to attack in the coming period.

Hindy will literally wet himself if the Riff win tomorrow, but it’s a marathon season not a sprint, if we are still in the top 4 on dry grounds we can give it a shake. Our poor games have been in the wet or on a slippery field, let’s wait and see when the ground firms up.

Certainly was a tough game from the stands, you can hear Contact and see things the tv doesn’t show, and you don’t have to listen to the biased Alexander and others plying their agenda.

All we need to do is play that way in attack each week and it won't seem so clunky rather than just brining it out for the better teams.

The good teams play that way every week and we are on our way there with talent but we need to learn to execute those plays in game situations, not practice.

The Storm are the ultimate grubs, they could have been pinged 20+ more times for set restarts with the amount of time they lay all over the ruck. Every team i watch them play all get frustrated with their tactics, yet the league does nothing about it.

Then you have their irresponsible coach coming out saying we were "laying down" when his coaching methods are what have led us here. How dangerous is it that he supports these crusher tackles when the NRL just increased the penalties too.......what a grade A f**kwit!

And as for NAS, does anyone know why he hates us so much? He seems much more aggressive towards us than any other team? He is the epitome of the Storm's attitude.