What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd15: Parra v Storm GAME DAY thread (20/8/20)

Gronk

Staff member
I was pleasantly surprised last night on a number of areas.
. D was mostly outstanding. Lots of second efforts to get their man and more width.
. Bench rotation was greatly improved.
. Stone was finally given time at 9 and he was really good. Hits like a bulldozer.
. RCG and Jnr wernt played to exhaustion.
. Moses kicking (even during warm up) and Offence was gash but his D was terrific.
. Lots of energy in attack with greater speed.
. Fergo and Sivo much improved.
. Matto heaps better for the run last week.
Areas for improvement.
. Support play needs greater effort. Many opportunities lost.
. Ball security, Jennings & Lane ordinary.
. Kicking in general was terrible.
. Stone turns his back when retreating to the defensive line.
I had a great time last night but for the first time I noticed some crowd apathy with regard to observing Covid Rules. Very dissappointing.
NAS live is Fu*king enormous and Tino and Welsh are huge buggers as well. Im a big fan of Welsh. Not sure its possible but would love him as a replacement for dopey KE.

Yes NAS is a beast live.

IIRC we were looking at Welsh before he did his knee ?

Eelementary

Post Whore
How NAS didn't get a suspension for almost killing Niukore, is beyond me...

The NRL is genuinely a joke.

Show some balls, for f**k's sake!

If Niukore cops a suspension, but NAS doesn't...

How can the NRL abide by that? I mean it seriously?

One wasn't even a penalty, and was an unlucky hit; the other, was deliberate, and could have genuinely injured and/or killed Niukore.

A shoulder charge directly to Niukore's head, and all we see from it is a measly 10 minute sin bin.

Not good enough, NRL.

Eelementary

Post Whore
He’d be a massive upgrade on present form. Doubt we can afford to spend big dollars on another middle forward.

I don’t know how much we are paying Evans, but the rumours had it at the $400,000 mark.

Even though Welch is in great form, his career has been littered by serious injury - $400k for him suddenly seems like a bargain.

But I'm not even sure if he's off contract.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I don’t know how much we are paying Evans, but the rumours had it at the $400,000 mark.

Even though Welch is in great form, his career has been littered by serious injury - $400k for him suddenly seems like a bargain.

But I'm not even sure if he's off contract.
He’s off contract, but you’d think he’d get more than 400k at one of the struggling clubs.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
I believe his attitude is a reflection of the organisation.

They are arrogant and win at all costs, which is not necessarily a bad thing because they have had plenty of success however i look at the Roosters under Robinson and i think they are a much better coached team without all the ridiculous grubby tactics.

NAS is no doubt a good player, in fact really good player and his size is hard to handle for any team but he certainly has a poor attitude in relation to authority (referees) and opposition.

The Storm are necessary for the league but they are also victims at all times and that mentality may work for them but it certainly doesn't make them even remotely likeable!

I’d happily see them go bust. Absolutely despise them.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I was pleasantly surprised last night on a number of areas.
. D was mostly outstanding. Lots of second efforts to get their man and more width.
. Bench rotation was greatly improved.
. Stone was finally given time at 9 and he was really good. Hits like a bulldozer.
. RCG and Jnr wernt played to exhaustion.
. Moses kicking (even during warm up) and Offence was gash but his D was terrific.
. Lots of energy in attack with greater speed.
. Fergo and Sivo much improved.
. Matto heaps better for the run last week.
Areas for improvement.
. Support play needs greater effort. Many opportunities lost.
. Ball security, Jennings & Lane ordinary.
. Kicking in general was terrible.
. Stone turns his back when retreating to the defensive line.
I had a great time last night but for the first time I noticed some crowd apathy with regard to observing Covid Rules. Very dissappointing.
NAS live is Fu*king enormous and Tino and Welsh are huge buggers as well. Im a big fan of Welsh. Not sure its possible but would love him as a replacement for dopey KE.
Our support play is our biggest problem in attack. That's what has dropped off since earlier in the year.

Eelementary

Post Whore
He’s off contract, but you’d think he’d get more than 400k at one of the struggling clubs.

I think Welch has already knocked us back once; I would love him in Eels colours, but he would probably want to start.

Would he start ahead of Paulo, or RCG? I doubt it.

But he would be a brilliant signing.

Latest posts