What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Hey @Avenger, I bought you a new putter.

H873.jpg

emjaycee

Coach
Thank you so much for your kind words, everyone!

My wife went into hospital to be induced on Wednesday morning; her birth plan was to delivery naturally, then be induced, and final choice was a caesarean.

By Friday evening, the doctors were worried that baby's progress was too slow, and because he was likely to be a big baby, they recommended a c-section.

My wife was heartbroken, but she agreed to have a c-section.

Her actual birth was a polar opposite of what she wanted, but she rolled with the punches, and delivered a 4.74kg boy safely.

I admire her strength so much - what an amazing woman!

It was a very stressful few days, but she is safe, bub is safe, and I can't believe I'm a dad.

But I want to give a massive shout out to the birthing team at Nepean Hospital - they did an amazing job.
@Eelementary , I only just wandered into this thread and read the last few days of posts.
Mate, HUGE congratulations on the birth - glad Mum and Bubs are both doing well.

Last edited:

Eelementary

Post Whore
Mum is in a lot of pain, and she feels guilty that I will have to do so much, as she recovers from a c-section.

I told her that I'm her husband, and he's my son, and doing all the cooking, cleaning, etc. and being on call in the middle of the night to pick up our son, and hand him to her (because of the c-section, she is in tremendous pain, and her mobility is affected) is a privilege - it's a nothing, compared to what she endured to bring our beautiful boy to the world.

I honestly admire my wife. She is amazing.

I feel really guilty, though - she has to stay in hospital, possibly until Monday morning with bub, and I am at home.

But to show the type of person my wife is, she has not once complained.

Anyway, I've rambled on enough.

I caught myself freaking out at the hospital today; since Friday night, I've been shown 3 times how to wrap a swaddle. I thought I had it down, and I tried my second attempt today, and I butchered it, and I was really hard on myself.

This parenting thing.. it's wonderful, but it's already challenging one day in lol.

But I have a son! I still can't believe that I have a child!

When they presented him to us after the c-section, I bawled my eyes out - I never thought I would. Not because I'm too macho, or whatever, but I never thought I would react that way.

Ahhhh I'm rambling again!

Eelementary

Post Whore
Nothing wrong with wearing your heart on your sleeve..
BTW.. "Peter" is a good name for a boy, if you are looking for a name

Peter is a wonderful name!

My wife settled on James; as soon as she found out our baby was a boy, she wanted to name him James.

A strong, classic name - very much like Peter!

Latest posts