What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who’s a keeper, who’s not.

Tigerm

First Grade
Obviously we have to revamp the side and bring in some new players.
If nothing changes, then nothing changes.
It was said, that some of the current players are just happy to be in first grade, nothing more.
Bearing in mind they have to be replaced?

For me:
Most of the forwards are too young and are getting bashed, as their bodies get older and stronger that should change but may take a while.

Most of the points against us seem to be out wide. And we have no speed in the backs.

And of course we don’t have a reliable Goal Kicker, though Mbye seems to have improved lately.

Is the coach the right guy to lead us into the future.

Our squad
Backs
Adam Doueihi
Asu Kepaoa
Benji Marshall
Billy Walters
David Nofoaluma
Dylan Smith
Jock Madden
Joseph Leilua
Josh Reynolds
Luke Brooks
Moses Mbye
Reece Hoffman
Robert Jennings
Tommy Talau
Zac Cini

Forwards
Alex Seyfarth
Alex Twal
Chris Lawrence - retiring
Chris McQueen
Elijah Taylor
Jacob Liddle
Jake Simpkin
Josh Aloiai
Kane Bradley
Luciano Leilua
Luke Garner
Matthew Eisenhuth
Michael Chee-Kam
Oliver Clark
Russell Packer
Sam McIntyre
Shawn Blore
Thomas Mikaele
Zane Musgrove

Tigerm

First Grade
For me:

Benji should retire and become the halves coach.
Jenning’s should be tapped on the shoulder.
Joeseph Leilua should be tapped.
Luke Brooks should be tapped, but we don’t a replacement yet
Alex Seyfarth should be tapped
Chris McQueen should be tapped, though is this his last season for us?
Luke Garner - not improving, so reserve grade only
Thomas Mikaele - not improving, so reserve grade only
Some of the others, I don’t know much about

Michael Maguire has a year to go, so we will know more mid season next year.

We need a sprint coach urgently.

Last edited:
It seems like we have been in a rebuilding stage since 2012, a part of our problem is a lack of depth and talent, which is hindered by our limited cap space, due to inflated existing contracts from players that are largely not performing or are past their best.
The WT need to head in a new direction and that means forming a new spine, which can lead a team around the park which is obviously beyond Brooks capabilities.
I would cut ....Backs....Brooks,Benji,Reynolds,Jennings and Mybe
....Fwds......McQueen,Packer,ET,Eiso,Clarke
.... Ret........Rowdy

Shredder

Juniors
Off contract this year we have Clark, Eiso, Jennings, Marshall, McIntyre, McQueen, Seyfath, Smith and Taylor.

Keeping in mind we will have to find replacements and the off contract list this year isnt great, I would keep Clark, McIntyre, Seyfath and Smith. That gives us five players to pick up.

I agree that the forwards are largely young and doing an OK job. We need a forwards leader, a half, a fullback and some speed out wide. I would mainly be looking for backs.

WA Tiger

Bench
Forwards that are big and scary can stay. Scary also means able to smash in defence have a significant impact with their runs and also to help move the team forward consistently..Otherwise see you later ..
The forwards need to be going forward for the backs to do their thing..Otherwise investing big money in the backs is a waste of $$$ and then it’s same old same old

Last edited:
Off contract this year we have Clark, Eiso, Jennings, Marshall, McIntyre, McQueen, Seyfath, Smith and Taylor.

Keeping in mind we will have to find replacements and the off contract list this year isnt great, I would keep Clark, McIntyre, Seyfath and Smith. That gives us five players to pick up.

I agree that the forwards are largely young and doing an OK job. We need a forwards leader, a half, a fullback and some speed out wide. I would mainly be looking for backs.

I would keep Clark and Eisenhuth on budget contracts. Both are depth players at any other club. Seyfarth is the same player as Clark with less minutes in him, so sayonara. McIntyre is a hard player. Would be worth keeping around.

Jennings, Marshall, McQueen, Seyfarth, ET and Smith can all go along with Rowdy.

The Rosco

Bench
Twal and aloiai May be worth keeping but both will need to take a pay cut
Rhyno, if you want to come on to our forum ( again ) and act all nice and helpful . . . maybe you should start with something like this . . . ." hey fella's, sorry for being such an arsehole. I know my team is shit too, so I don't know why I put shit on your team. Anyway, I'm sick of being an annoying dik, and am trying to make myself a better person.
So please accept my apologies . . . let's wipe the slate clean . . . and from now I'll post like a normal human". Regards, rhyno.

WA Tiger

Bench
Rhyno, if you want to come on to our forum ( again ) and act all nice and helpful . . . maybe you should start with something like this . . . ." hey fella's, sorry for being such an arsehole. I know my team is shit too, so I don't know why I put shit on your team. Anyway, I'm sick of being an annoying dik, and am trying to make myself a better person.
So please accept my apologies . . . let's wipe the slate clean . . . and from now I'll post like a normal human". Regards, rhyno.
observing ones Niceties..sort of hello how are you or whatever before you sit down to dinner at the next door neighbours table after leaving a shit on their back step 2 weeks earlier..
Much better than in the past but...yea nailed Rosco

Last edited:

Perth Tiger

Bench
Our squad
Backs
Adam Doueihi - Keep, probably move to 5/8
Asu Kepaoa - Keep, young showed a bit
Benji Marshall - Retire
Billy Walters - Keep, depth
David Nofoaluma - Keep
Dylan Smith - leave, waste of a top squad spot
Jock Madden - haven't really seen him
Joseph Leilua - Keep but he has had an average year
Josh Reynolds - leave
Luke Brooks - Keep, we aren't getting anyone better but look to upgrade if possible
Moses Mbye - I'd keep if it wasn't for his contract, would of load if could get rid of at least 2/3 of his contract
Reece Hoffman - Keep, looks the goods
Robert Jennings - leave and never return
Tommy Talau - keep
Zac Cini - haven't seen him

Forwards
Alex Seyfarth - Keep either him or Clark for depth
Alex Twal - Keep
Chris McQueen - Piss off
Elijah Taylor - Piss off
Jacob Liddle - Keep and buy a few palets of duct tape
Jake Simpkin - Keep
Josh Aloiai - Keep
Kane Bradley - haven't seen him
Luciano Leilua - Keep
Luke Garner - Keep for depth
Matthew Eisenhuth - Keep for depth
Michael Chee-Kam - leave
Oliver Clark - Keep either him or Seyfarth for depth
Russell Packer - leave
Sam McIntyre - Keep
Shawn Blore - Keep
Thomas Mikaele - Keep
Zane Musgrove - Keep

Fordy20

Juniors
Pretty much my thoughts too, although I'd leaning towards keeping Clarke over Seyfarth.

Mbye isn't worth what he's being paid either. He's probably worth $300k as a utility or hooker depth when we lose Harry Grant, but I'd happily swap him for DWZ or pay half his contract to play elsewhere if we had someone like Billy Brittain, Tom Starling or Karl Lawton as coverage for Liddle.

BrotherJim05

Bench
We just need to get rid of the following
Our squad
Backs
Adam Doueihi - Keep, probably move to 5/8
Asu Kepaoa - Keep, young showed a bit
Benji Marshall - Retire
Billy Walters - Keep, depth
David Nofoaluma - Keep
Dylan Smith - leave, waste of a top squad spot
Jock Madden - haven't really seen him
Joseph Leilua - Keep but he has had an average year
Josh Reynolds - leave
Luke Brooks - Keep, we aren't getting anyone better but look to upgrade if possible
Moses Mbye - I'd keep if it wasn't for his contract, would of load if could get rid of at least 2/3 of his contract
Reece Hoffman - Keep, looks the goods
Robert Jennings - leave and never return
Tommy Talau - keep
Zac Cini - haven't seen him

Forwards
Alex Seyfarth - Keep either him or Clark for depth
Alex Twal - Keep
Chris McQueen - Piss off
Elijah Taylor - Piss off
Jacob Liddle - Keep and buy a few palets of duct tape
Jake Simpkin - Keep
Josh Aloiai - Keep
Kane Bradley - haven't seen him
Luciano Leilua - Keep
Luke Garner - Keep for depth
Matthew Eisenhuth - Keep for depth
Michael Chee-Kam - leave
Oliver Clark - Keep either him or Seyfarth for depth
Russell Packer - leave
Sam McIntyre - Keep
Shawn Blore - Keep
Thomas Mikaele - Keep
Zane Musgrove - Keep

Yep your pretty much bang on here. Only differences I'd say:
Mbye - Realistically we won't be able to move him on next year, plus if we did, who would be the captain? I don't see Mbye as a long term player here but I'd keep him until we can sign some really quality experienced players and they can take over
Brooks - yeah keep him for now but f**k me he is on thin ice. I'd sign someone like Burton on decent money to basically battle it out with Brooks for the 7 jersey, then if he pushes Brooks out then he can battle AD for the 6 Jersey. If Brooks can't handle it then at least we gave him a proper dismissal
Seyfarth/Clark - keep both for depth

Shredder

Juniors
Dogs have just replaced Floran, so hes looking for a new home. They offered him $300k I think and he said he would shop around. Floran at $400k would suit us. Hes experienced, could captain and has a great kicking game. I just really worry about his recent injury run.

Tigerm

First Grade
Dogs have just replaced Floran, so hes looking for a new home. They offered him $300k I think and he said he would shop around. Floran at $400k would suit us. Hes experienced, could captain and has a great kicking game. I just really worry about his recent injury run.
Plus, I understand he knocked the dogs back because they didn’t offer a long offer, not sure what he is after, but imo, he is a high risk at anymore than 1 year contracts.
The dogs apparently offered Green one year.

Perth Tiger

Bench
Plus, I understand he knocked the dogs back because they didn’t offer a long offer, not sure what he is after, but imo, he is a high risk at anymore than 1 year contracts.
The dogs apparently offered Green one year.
Dogs offered him one year but he was after 3.

we might be able to tempt him with 2 years, probably worth the risk at least to replace Benji, after all Madge did bring him back into the Kiwis so he should have a bit of a relationship there

Tigerm

First Grade
I can’t see him getting anymore than 2 years but still think one year with an option in our favour would maybe worth consideration