What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 Vs Broncos

Old Timer

Coach
For someone who holds others to such a high standard, that’s a very disappointing post.
You know full well the posts I am referring to so I gave an honest reply to save us getting into an argument over an issue that is clear to both of us.

Lets not stretch it out and then have all the usual argy bargy about killing threads etc etc etc.

As they policeman said to the driver when he gave him the speeding ticket "and you have a nice day now".

possm

Coach
I’ll guarantee that you can’t name one person for whom the win outweighs the desire to be better for longer.

Enjoying wins and wanting long term improvement are not mutually exclusive. It’s possible to have a nuanced view of the wins: take the time to celebrate them, but understand that improvement is necessary for long term success.
Harry Bath with 'Bath's Babes' is one of many examples that come to mind, Eastern Suburbs side of 1975 is another.

SBD82

Coach
You know full well the posts I am referring to so I gave an honest reply to save us getting into an argument over an issue that is clear to both of us.

Lets not stretch it out and then have all the usual argy bargy about killing threads etc etc etc.

As they policeman said to the driver when he gave him the speeding ticket "and you have a nice day now".
I’m yet to see anyone claim that the win over the Broncos negates the need for improvement. So unless you can point to it I will assume that I missed it, or you’re extrapolating from incomplete information.

Old Timer

Coach
I’m yet to see anyone claim that the win over the Broncos negates the need for improvement. So unless you can point to it I will assume that I missed it, or you’re extrapolating from incomplete information.
How would you interpret a thoughtful critique of a game being answered with an accusation that there is whinging and whining and being told to basically shut up and "enjoy the win" and when explaining that you in affect did enjoy the win and were merely passing judgement / commentary on the game you are again met with the dismissive "enjoy the win" comment.

The fact is one person offers commentary and is criticised for that and accused of not enjoying a win and the ignorance the person making that claim is double downed on with further insistence by them to "enjoy the win" would seem to me that in the other persons eyes the win outweighs any need for worthwhile discussion and winning was sufficient regardless of the lameness of it.

In JA something similar occurred where a good quality critique post by someone was also met with "enjoy the win" mantra.

So as I said earlier if enjoying the win (whilst arcing up against critique posts) and looking for improvement are not mutually exclusive then why do this people think that enjoying a win and a critique somehow are?

SBD82

Coach
How would you interpret a thoughtful critique of a game being answered with an accusation that there is whinging and whining and being told to basically shut up and "enjoy the win" and when explaining that you in affect did enjoy the win and were merely passing judgement / commentary on the game you are again met with the dismissive "enjoy the win" comment.

The fact is one person offers commentary and is criticised for that and accused of not enjoying a win and the ignorance the person making that claim is double downed on with further insistence by them to "enjoy the win" would seem to me that in the other persons eyes the win outweighs any need for worthwhile discussion and winning was sufficient regardless of the lameness of it.

In JA something similar occurred where a good quality critique post by someone was also met with "enjoy the win" mantra.

So as I said earlier if enjoying the win (whilst arcing up against critique posts) and looking for improvement are not mutually exclusive then why do this people think that enjoying a win and a critique somehow are?
How do you expect me to respond to vagaries? I don’t know if you’re paraphrasing or if there is further context.

As I have said previously, I haven’t seen anyone saying that celebrating a win negates the need for improvement. Could you please provide an example where someone has said that.

Old Timer

Coach
How do you expect me to respond to vagaries? I don’t know if you’re paraphrasing or if there is further context.

As I have said previously, I haven’t seen anyone saying that celebrating a win negates the need for improvement. Could you please provide an example where someone has said that.
Well if you haven't then little to no good of discussing it further as the posts are still there.

Your interpretation of things is obviously different to mine so be it.

SBD82

Coach
Well if you haven't then little to no good of discussing it further as the posts are still there.

Your interpretation of things is obviously different to mine so be it.
I don’t think that’s obvious at all.

Could you please point me to the posts so that I can share my interpretation of them?