What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

Neutered Mutants.

FMD...this film is two years old already. What a waste! The original concept seemed pretty cool too. And I'm a lover of the old New Mutants (I bailed on comics once X-Force began and post - The X-Tinction Agenda re-organization).

bileduct

Coach
Neutered Mutants.

FMD...this film is two years old already. What a waste! The original concept seemed pretty cool too. And I'm a lover of the old New Mutants (I bailed on comics once X-Force began and post - The X-Tinction Agenda re-organization).
Rob Liefeld and Jim Lee completely f**ked the X-books up the ass.

They were extremely popular at the time, but looking back now there is absolutely nothing memorable that came after those two f**kwits took over story writing duties in 1991.

My prime reading years were 1986-91. Each month was simple - X-Factor, Uncanny X-Men, The New Mutants and occasionally Excalibur. Some Classic X-Men for good measure. Good times. Come 1991, like Bileduct said, it just went down the drain.

gUt

Coach
For mine the peak was Inferno, after that it was still good but they lost me at Xmen Gold and Xmen Blue. Cool new characters like Bishop and Cable to be sure but the plot lines just started making less and less sense

shiznit

Coach
It's because of the corona aids.

And it's no longer a horror film. Studio pressure and a committee of writers turned it into "young adult" crap.

Disney+ I guess then...

I reckon Disney should think a little outside of the box with this Coronavirus shut down going on...

Release New Mutants on Disney+.

Release Black Widow on Disney+ in a two part series.

I know they just released Rise Of Skywalker digitally early...

they won’t release BW early as it’s probably a billion dollar movie... so with piracy they would lose out on that... but f**k me they have a spare billion...

For mine the peak was Inferno, after that it was still good but they lost me at Xmen Gold and Xmen Blue. Cool new characters like Bishop and Cable to be sure but the plot lines just started making less and less sense

Fall of the Mutants
Inferno...
Titles lost their way in 1990 - lots of charcter changes - leading to X-tinction Agenda. Post that, the shake ups severe, book rosters changing...lost me there.

Reactions: gUt

greenBV4

Bench
Anyone got any ideas whata going on with DC cinematic Canon? Have they just thrown a shared universe out the windows?​

Multiple Batmans, Multiple Jokers, and a different cut of a movie already realised

They definitely shot their own foot trying to take shortcuts to catch up to marvels universe building.

The new batman does look good though, maybe DC should just stick to stand alones

Game_Breaker

Coach
Not sure about The Rock playing Black Adam

Anyone got any ideas whata going on with DC cinematic Canon? Have they just thrown a shared universe out the windows?​

Multiple Batmans, Multiple Jokers, and a different cut of a movie already realised

They definitely shot their own foot trying to take shortcuts to catch up to marvels universe building.

The new batman does look good though, maybe DC should just stick to stand alones

Leto's Joker looks to be buried
But Affleck did just sign on to be in the Flash movie, apparently even Michael Keating will make a cameo (old man Batman in the future when Flash jumps in time perhaps)

greenBV4

Bench
Leto's Joker looks to be buried
But Affleck did just sign on to be in the Flash movie, apparently even Michael Keating will make a cameo (old man Batman in the future when Flash jumps in time perhaps)
Did a bit of digging through recent articles (forgot to save links) and it seems the new batman will exist in a different universe to the DCEU, hence affleck still playing the DCEU Batman

Phoenix's Joker is also another seperate universe, and the article meantioned that means there will likely soon be ANOTHER joker in Patterson's Batman universe (and I guess that means Leto's Joker is the DCEU joker)

Pretty much 3 seperated universes for the movies currently being realised - The Batman, Joker, and DCEU - and eventually there probably will be a "multiverse crossover event"

Sounds pretty confusing for a general viewer who isn't going to know this, it's hard enough with the MCU and thats all only 1 universe (so far, multiverse stuff coming with that too I guess). But the upside is the 2 seperate universes will be allowed to keep their "darker tones" and potential R ratings, while the DCEU will basically be more kid-friendly like the MCU

azzah72

Bench
I fully expect patman to appear in the flash and they swap out batfleck for patman.

They may do the same with the joker.

I reckon flash will be a pivotal movie for the realignment of the dceu.

azzah72

Bench
I have no faith the Snyder cut will really be any good.

I personally didn't hate justice league or BvS but they are clearly flawed.

There is no way this is miraculously amazing.

Polishing a turd, as they say.

I'm just more interested in the different take, regardless of quality.

Reactions: PJ

Latest posts