What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We’ve all been conned.

Avenger

Immortal
He’d be amazing, but we would have to seriously blow his knob to get him to do it.
He’s an ex Parra player. It would be a great challenge for him. I’d make him the highest paid coach in the game and promise not to change my mind for at least a season.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
What I don’t have enough visibility of is the support systems for each head coach.

Are they successful because they are great or are they just better at putting the right systems and structures in place?

I was pleased when I heard our halves were working with Johns but that hasn’t really delivered anything this year.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
That’s one way to always be right in hindsight. It’s a @hineyrulz trick. That and disappearing when it is his shout.
I am a betting man, I am typing this post with no pants on. I got slaughtered at Sandown on Weds.

It’s hardly Hineysight we have been rubbish for weeks and we just needed to play a team with their attack in order and we were always going to get a decent beating. But 38 nil with the side we trotted out??? That’s unforgivable, but but but but the boys love playing for BA. What a joke just like him and his tactics.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I am a betting man, I am typing this post with no pants on. I got slaughtered at Sandown on Weds.

It’s hardly Hineysight we have been rubbish for weeks and we just needed to play a team with their attack in order and we were always going to get a decent beating. But 38 nil with the side we trotted out??? That’s unforgivable, but but but but the boys love playing for BA. What a joke just like him and his tactics.
Agree mate. Not hard to predict we might get beaten but 38-0 was atrocious.

We haven’t been great the last 2 months but I had hoped our days of completely soiling ourselves in a game were over. I thought we had a bit more grit and self respect. Maybe a 24-12 or 20-16 loss, not f**ken 38-0.

Wouldn’t be the first time I have been wrong about the eels though...

eel01s

Bench
We had Holbrook in our system, and maybe should have put him on as an assistant with the promise of him being our next coach. Now he is locked up at the Titans.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Holbrook may have potential but he still only has 4 wins, the same as the titans 2019 season......

And his squad is similar to our 2014 / 2015 squad .......

He has done nothing in the NRL to indicate he wouId be an improvement on BA......

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Holbrook may have potential but he still only has 4 wins, the same as the titans 2019 season......

And his squad is similar to our 2014 / 2015 squad .......

He has done nothing in the NRL to indicate he wouId be an improvement on BA......
You only have to look at their style of play compared to ours.

12 other coaches would kill for our roster, 7 years and that’s what he has his team dishing up with no idea why lol. He just needs some more time maybe???

Last edited:

Happy MEel

First Grade
What I don’t have enough visibility of is the support systems for each head coach.

Are they successful because they are great or are they just better at putting the right systems and structures in place?

I was pleased when I heard our halves were working with Johns but that hasn’t really delivered anything this year.
I reckon it’d be hard gig being a halves coach outside the bubble. You’re giving advice through a bloody fence instead of working directly with the players on the field. Our halves were going pretty well prior to the stoppage and you’d have to think Joey at least had something to do with it.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
You only have to look at their style of play compared to ours.

12 other coaches would kill for our roster, 7 years and that’s what he has his team dishing up with no idea why lol. He just needs some more time maybe???

titan style of play? What’s so great about a style that only has 4 wins.....

Eelogical

Referee
Well, enjoy 2 more years of him.

Its funny how he pressures the club into contract extensions when the team is flying. Its like he knows that he has no idea on coaching and strikes while the iron is hot.

Funking clueless club and supporters
It's all part of his plan, mate. Re-sign when the going is good, then purposely make us look like a team of monotremes for a while. Once he's lulled everyone into his trap.........sunny side up!

strider

Post Whore
I’d go after Trent Robinson when his current contract expires with the Roosters as I’m convinced that Craig Fitzgibbon has been groomed as their next coach.
They were saying the other day that media types have heard Robo wishes to go to France cos his wife is french and they want their kids to get some french in em

hindy111

Post Whore
We’ve been scrambling well in defence despite some derp moments from Sivo and Fergo.

I’m happy to admit that I was concerned about some of what I saw but I didn’t think we’d go to absolute shit like we did last night. That was a surprise to me. It was our worst game by a country mile. We fell off a cliff (as demonstrated in my now trademarked graph).

If anyone on here predicted we would play our worst game of the year they were fairly quiet about it beforehand. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I was quiet yes but thought we would lose. Not get thrashed

Latest posts