What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 16 vs Titans

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Theres never been an issue with McIness committment to our team but Im afraid hes far to light to be given inside passes and expecting him to bust through the oppositions defensive line....I think it succeeded once towards the end of the game...like it or not hes our hooker...and imo should be relieved of the Captains role...hes to soft and appears to do bugger all talking in particular to refs..
Clune needs a lot of work imo and sorry but I dont see him as our long term half back......irrespective of what the so called experts say Hunt is our half but needs a rocket up his arse and should be earning his big dollars...hopefully an outside experience coach will have something to say about that.....Normans casual approach to his footy is past its used by date....I could go on and on but simply put unless we find a seasoned hard nosed coach we can expect much of the same....sadly theres no quick fix to the damage that was done during the McGregor years or the roster as it stands
Yes agree, particularly with McInnes. Tried to convince myself that he’s a lock but I can’t, too light, and for all his magnificent efforts I agree with you I don’ think he’s an effective Captain. I don’t know who I’d have in that role.

Pity Clune, didn’t score in the first half; both he and Saints needed that one..., finally, wouldn’t be surprised if that was Aitken’s last game now we’re out of the race.

blacksafake

First Grade
Theres never been an issue with McIness committment to our team but Im afraid hes far to light to be given inside passes and expecting him to bust through the oppositions defensive line....I think it succeeded once towards the end of the game...like it or not hes our hooker...and imo should be relieved of the Captains role...hes to soft and appears to do bugger all talking in particular to refs..
Clune needs a lot of work imo and sorry but I dont see him as our long term half back......irrespective of what the so called experts say Hunt is our half but needs a rocket up his arse and should be earning his big dollars...hopefully an outside experience coach will have something to say about that.....Normans casual approach to his footy is past its used by date....I could go on and on but simply put unless we find a seasoned hard nosed coach we can expect much of the same....sadly theres no quick fix to the damage that was done during the McGregor years or the roster as it stands
Well said mate :thumbsup:

thebigredv

First Grade
The loss is inconsequential. A bit more pride bruised that's it. What needs to happen now is to blood some new players immediately and get a coach asap so he can weiled the axe and find two a grade players to replace Frizell and JDB.

Ps The idea of it Brittan was destined to fail. Had a touch of Mary about it that one.

Last edited:

possm

Coach
The loss is inconsequential. A bit more pride bruised that's it. What needs to happen now is to blood some new players immediately and get a coach asap so he can Weil's the axe and find two a grade players to replace Frizell and JDB.

Ps The idea of it Brittan was destined to fail. Had a touch of Mary about it that one.
I really don't want Young as our assistant coach. Let whoever is our head coach pick his own staff. No more nepotism.

ChocOConnor

Juniors
Simple fact.

Holbrook who we had as a coach is a coach with a footy brain. Simple as that.

He kept them speeding wide early on knowing full well our inside men don’t cover the field once they swing back from where the play started from

Dean Young I love but no way in hell he is a first grade coach.

we made the mistake with Mary talking the talk But we all realized that being comfortable being uncomfortable doesn’t really work

thebigredv

First Grade
Gutless performance tonight.
What a pack of useless pricks we have as a team.

It's hard to find a player in our team that is not overrated.

Mentally weak and not prepared to get the full job done.

Even when we were going ok this evening, no one wanted to back up a Frizell or Host who were making a charge. I'm sure they practice at training but on the field they just stand around and wait for someone else.

This is nothing new but where's the accountability?

rasaint

Juniors
I thought the loss of Vaughan would be the difference. Add Fiumano another victim of Dragons only suspension. Actually posted this in this thread. Tariq and his brother Korbin just don’t seem to get on the park through injury these days. Not sure how long they are on our books. Suspensions are killers because with limited go forward Dufty is nullified.

Tyson leads the competition in players who almost score a try every week. Love to see him actually get it down. Still he is a top class player.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
It's hard to find a player in our team that is not overrated.

Mentally weak and not prepared to get the full job done.

Even when we were going ok this evening, no one wanted to back up a Frizell or Host who were making a charge. I'm sure they practice at training but on the field they just stand around and wait for someone else.

This is nothing new but where's the accountability?
I never understand this, why Dufty, Clune and Hunt don’t back the carrier up like a drovers dog. Merrin always had the ability to get the ball away and this showed itself again tonight, but alas no one there...

Also, it’s easier to defend your try line than it is to defend a raid 40 metres or so out and when we’ve been having a crack from that far out recently we’ve been going okay....not tonight!

getsmarty

Immortal
Leading by six with five to go... the Dragons capitulate as Titans claim spirited win
NRL Premiership
darcie_mcdonald.jpg

• August 28, 2020 8:18pm
  • Darcie McDonald
  • Source: FOX SPORTS
ee40ee74fd3e011175979abb4dd3235e

The Dragons look onSource: Getty Images
ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS 10-14 GOLD COAST TITANS

A rapid double salvo from the Gold Coast put a huge dent in St George Illawarra’s finals hopes as tries from Tyrone Peachey and Jamal Fogarty secured a late Titans victory at Kogarah Oval.

The Gold Coast trailed for the first 77 minutes of the game, until Fogarty crossed for the winning try in the week he extended his contract with the club.

Prior to that it was a game which was forgettable for so many reasons.

A scrappy, error-strewn first half yielded just a 2-0 lead for the Dragons as Zac Lomax kicked a penalty to push the home side ahead.

784235_640x360_large_20200828191318.jpg

Holbrook fumes at no-try

The Dragons had a chance to extend their advantage when Adam Clune nipped through a hole, only to drop the ball with the line beckoning.

The Titans went close themselves when Phillip Sami dragged Mikaele Ravalawa into the in-goal and the Fijian winger dropped the ball.

Brian Kelly dived on the loose ball and touched down, but the bunker adjudicated that Sami had made the effort when the tackle was complete.

Jacob Host got the game’s first score when he barged over in the second half.

Sami hit back instantly for the Titans but when Lomax kicked another penalty the Dragons looked set to secure the win.

That was until a fortunate bounce of the ball went Tyrone Peachey’s way as the stand-in lock touched down to tie up the scores.

Then a breakaway try finished by Fogarty helped seal the victory.

St George Illawarra
VOTE
VS
Gold Coast Titans

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/dca808eb5c2f932262908c35e6840214

Latest posts