What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd16: Parra v Souths GAME DAY thread (27/8/20)

hindy111

Post Whore
I agree with your first two sentences.
If we slip to 12th next year, it's time for a new coach.

I don't think we will be better. We won't sign anyone. Unless Brown exploded and Moses into superstars.
I'd say opposition work us out. We barely had injuries this season. And had a lot of lucky close wins. I also reckon a lot of those sides out of top 8 are going to improve a lot.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
BA come out and said easy fix. Play patient.
Bennett said the same after the win. His team needs to stick to that style of play and not get bored with it. We need to do the same, not go stupid with shit offloads in the first 5 minutes because we're desperate to score. If you hold the ball and build pressure the attack will come. We've made the most errors in the competition ffs.

We are top five in the comp for line breaks but refuse to take the tackle and build pressure.

Kornstar

Coach
They already have.
We are the same team every week and play the same way.
We are so predictable that even an old fart like Bennett just needs to do one video session to come up with a game plan to beat us.

Nah, we play the same speed we played the week before and i think we smash them last night. We just didn't turn up.

BA come out and said easy fix. Play patient.

Mmmm. Easy fix eh? Those words may very well come back to haunt him, just like what the QLD Premier said last week about allowing NSW residents into her "state" hospitals.
That was a dumb statement from BA.

He said more than play patient, everything he said was correct and with the players we have it "should" be an easy fix.......he, his staff and players all need to figure out if it is worth it because it means you have to play hard and give their all!

Suitman

Post Whore
He said more than play patient, everything he said was correct and with the players we have it "should" be an easy fix.......he, his staff and players all need to figure out if it is worth it because it means you have to play hard and give their all!

Well, you would have thought that we would do that last night, knowing that it was an important game that we could make a semi final statement of intent, but we didn't.
All we managed to do was embarrass ourselves.

Eelogical

Referee
John Harker had one f**ken job to do!

How hard is it? A 3kg pack per player and 3 changes of grundies.

There would have been shit all through the dressing sheds.

Brett Kenny is probably still cleaning up.
Harko once came over to our place with his mrs for a social evening when we were living out Oakhurst way. Mrs Eelo made an excellent dinner for the four of us. It was a fun night.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well, you would have thought that we would do that last night, knowing that it was an important game that we could make a semi final statement of intent, but we didn't.
All we managed to do was embarrass ourselves.
What was so important about last night's game?

Bandwagon

Staff member
On Sivo's defence I think it was exposed far worse than usual this game because Jennings, who I still reckon is one of the better defensive centres in the game, had a bit of a shocker. Same with Fergo, who isn't so bad, Waqa leaves him high and dry too much, but again Waqa had a shocker, even by his usual inglorious standards.

Maybe we just weren't pushing inside out enough, and it aint all down to our centres, but live it looked to me Souths getting around us was mostly down to poor misses and reads from our centres.

IFR33K

Coach
What was so important about last night's game?

Nah nothing poo.

it’s not like parra would of wanted to flex their muscles against a top 8 rival, and show the rest of the competition they plan on going deep into the semis.

it wasn’t important for parra to notch up a win and all but guaranteed a top 4 spot and home finals.

it wouldn’t of been a good test for parras structures against a quality team.

there wouldn’t of been an advantage going into the semis with a recent win over a top 8 team.

the players you claim that are too inexperienced wouldn’t of gained anything out of the win. Come to think about it, I guess a 38-0 reaming is more beneficial for the inexperienced players.

Also, it probably would be a bad thing leading to semis in some winning form.

Hell poo, if Thursdays game wasn’t important, we may as well forfeit a couple more games or just throw em. I mean BA is at the helm right, what’s there to be concerned about. He’s got some super secret moves he’s about to unleash and it’s very, very exciting.

Last edited:

Bandwagon

Staff member
Every game's important, this weeks' no more or less than the fifteen rounds before it. they're all worth two points. Sure a win would have all but sealed a top four spot, and it takes the pressure off a tad for the remaining four rounds, but then we go into the the finals where every game is pressure.

I don't know that there's any benefit in cruising to a top four over having to fight for it over the last three or four rounds.

I mean round 26, 2009 the Dragons handed us a 37-0 flogging and we scraped into the eight only to beat them 25 - 12 in the first week of finals. They then go out in straight sets, and we make it to the GF.

We are still in a decent position to make top four, and need to win 2 - 3 of the remaining four games. Roosters , Souths , Knights and Canberra all have games against each other, so there's no chance more than one of these teams can win all four, unless the Roosters crash and burn, losing to two of Souths , Raiders or Knights. ( obviously that's allowing for the raiders and Knights to win this week as well )

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Nah nothing poo.

it’s not like parra wouldn’t of wanted to flex their muscle against a top 8 rivals and show the rest of the competition they plan on going deep into the semis.

it wasn’t important for parra to notch up a win and all but guaranteed a top 4 spot and home finals.

it wouldn’t of been a good test for parras structures against a quality team.

there wouldn’t of been an advantage going into the semis with a recent win over a top 8 team.

the players you claim that are too inexperienced wouldn’t of gained anything out of the win. Come to think about it, I guess a 38-0 reaming is more beneficial for the inexperienced players.

Also, it probably would be a bad thing leading to semis in some winning form.

Hell poo, if Thursdays game wasn’t important, we may as well forfeit a couple more game or just throw em. I mean BA is at the helm right, what’s there to be concerned about. He’s got some super secret moves he’s about to unleash and it’s very, very exciting.
I can almost picture you getting teary eyed when you posted this. It's f**ken pathetic.

If we smashed them by 50 you probably still would have said we were lucky to win and it was because of our favourable draw.